kamill

Told my GF she has bad breath

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys i told my GF she has a bad breath and when we had sex afterwards I saw she was self conscious  and her confidence dropped: I tried to told her in most respectful and kind way but you know is awkward. 

I Told he i had it too and dentist helped me fixed it but I am afraid she will stay self conscious and the chemistry between us will disappear.

Do you have any tips how to settle it ?

PS I just could hold it in myself, had to tell her :/

I Don`t know how old you guys are and how long you have been in a relationship, but if something small like this makes the chemistry disapear, I think the relationship might need some more work then her dentals.

I Used to tell my girlfriend her breath smelled like a garbage truck in the morning (which happens to everyone ofc) and she sometimes told me my feet made her throw up when I took of my shoes after a day of working. We always laughed about it. People in a safe relationship should be able to tell that to each other imho.

If you`re just in a relationship and you guys are still young, it`s a different story. Just re-assure her and tell her you love her and that something natural like bad breath would never get in the way of that.

Edited by DaneV

Thanks I am 23 

We make fun of each other a lot she makes fun of my dick and I make fun of her boobs for example.

But i know she was insecure about the teeth because she told me she used to take lots of medicine and now she has problems with it.

Thanks for the tips

This is actually more to do with her and how she reacts. As long as you prefaced your criticism in a mature, nice way then you did your job. Couples should be able to point things out to each other once in a while so they can improve, because they want the best for each other. It becomes toxic when it's constant nagging or a one way street.

If you notice it's still bugging her and she's being self conscious just reassure her like @DaneV said.

Tell her it's not a big deal and it doesn't change your opinion of her at all it's just something you noticed, that's all.

hrhrhtewgfegege

It would make sense to provide a solution at the same time. With breath there is alot she can do to fix it, but with other things, if it cant be changed better to just not point it out. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?