sausagehead

Is coffee really bad for your health?

11 posts in this topic

I’m not sure how many of you are familiar with a guy by the name Jason Christoff, but according to his research coffee is basically poison and terrible for your overall health. I believe there’s also research out there that states it’s good for your health. Here’s an article that goes over the damaging effects it has. What do you guys think? Has anyone given it up for health reasons? Maybe this guy just bashes coffee as a part of his own agenda ?‍♂️

https://bit.ly/3bcnRbd

C77AFB3F-F907-4191-A606-0CDC081C0D49.jpeg

Edited by sausagehead

Honestly I think you can come up with literally ANY opinion on ANY food and then confirm your opinion by finding supporting research for why it's good or bad online. There is an endless amount of bogus science out there. It's impossible to know what's actually true.

The best you can do is try and cross reference a bunch of sources, and experiment. Remember everyone's body is unique, and reacts different to different kinds of food. What might be healthy for one person could be poison for another.

Don't think a scientist, nutritionist, or someone like Leo can ever prescribe what food will be healthy or unhealthy for you.

If you want to find out if coffee is good for your health or not. YOU need to actually drink coffee yourself, and then compare it to how you feel when you don't drink coffee. No article, video, or research paper will ever be able do that for you.

hrhrhtewgfegege

@sausagehead he is referring to a lot of random blogs and any studies he uses are invitro basically dripping coffee on a petri dish and mixing it with one other thing and seeing what happens.

The MRI stuff is quite interesting though. Yes caffeine may have some beta-adrenergic antagonistic effects constricting blood vessels but larger studies on humans actually show beneficial effects for dementia and alzheimer's and stroke all of which are partially also shown by lack of cerebral oxygenation so it ain't as simple as that. Plus they only looked at one person, there could be other factors in play such as being stressed as fuck from being on video and being put in a coffin (getting MRI feels like being buried alive). 

If this guy was looking for objective truth he would have to start from the top of the hierarchy of evidence which is systematic trial and meta-analyses, most of those show beneficial effect of caffeine. Isolated in vitro studies are the bottom of hierarchy of evidence. He clearly has a bias against it and was looking for studies supporting that bias. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@sausagehead

I’m not a fan simply because everyone I see who goes on coffee eventually needs it just to function. It becomes a crutch. Meanwhile I feel like I have energy all day, never crash and never drink coffee. 

If you’re having energy problems, I’d look more root level.

Thanks for sharing! Picked up some insights there :)

I'm a previously coffee addict. Went to a Naturopath. One black coffee in the morning, one at 14:00 after work out. That's it.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

More good habits, food, exercise, let go of negative thoughts(various ways), less stress and more creativity.

I had many addictions and ended them in various ways, also started to be more conscious about, why and what substances i still use.

If you ask me, i would say all addictions, fading eventually by it self.

• Coffee have different taste and flavor.
  • Choice of brand, change strength and quality to be conscious coffee drinkerB|
  • Drink less coffee when it is black and feel the sort, change sorts, test new sorts, for not drink by slentrian.
  •  Makes each cup "worth" more for well being, even if there are pros and cons with coffee.
  • There are ways to do every cup more "healthy", in other ways than just drink a cup of coffee :x

I am minimize coffee by it self, because it taste less good for each year.

Drink whatever coffee for the socially connection, then are coffee really good and are boosting the health 9_9

It's really not that complicated: coffee beans are seeds of the coffee plant. Some animals eat the coffee fruit and spit out the bean, some swallow the bean whole and shit it out whole. No animal eats coffee beans - not even rats and cockroaches. Why? Because as any seed, it's packed with toxins to keep animals away from eating the baby plan (caffeine is precisely that - a toxin). Only humans grind up the seeds and make a drink of it, which completely goes against what is naturally intended. Additionally, there are mycotoxins from molds that grow in most coffee beans.

Consider the fact that overdosing on caffeine leads to poisoning. Drinking a little can't be healthy for you, it's simply less poisonous.

The side effects are: dependency, digestive issues (due to caffeine being anti-microbial and due to its acidity), bad breath, yellow teeth, dark eye circles, excessive stress, and so on.

The "benefits" are the psychotropic effects of the drug caffeine: namely that it gives you the illusion of energy (it's actually stress hormones being depleted from your adrenals, leading to adrenal fatigue in the long term). It's especially dangerous if you use coffee to stay awake when you're exhausted.

Oh, and the "coffee is good for your heart", or the "study shows people who drink coffee have lower chance for X disease" stuff? I'm pretty sure a multi-billion dollar industry can afford to fund those.

Edited by Village

@Village Thank you ❤️

That was perfect, it will for sure, help reduce intake towards zero faster. 

t's not the worst thing in the world, but...your health will improve without it. 

"You Create Magic" 

The health impacts of coffee are controversial. Despite what you may have heard, there are lots of good things to be said about coffee. It's high in antioxidants and linked to a decreased risk of many diseases. However, it also includes caffeine, a stimulant that can cause problems in some people and disturb sleep.