Someone here

Can't sleep ?

22 posts in this topic

It's been 4 days now. I barely slept two hours since then. Across that period. I feel like a flimsy piece of shit. Extreme headache and fatigue. Can't do anything during the day. I tried warm baths.. Masturbating.. Hot herbs.. Meditation.. Soothing music.. And nothing seems to work.  I struggled with bad dreams and nightmares earlier this month and ever since then  my sleep quality has been going down hill and now barely can sleep. 

I feel like a zombie. 

What to do now? ?

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@acidgoofy  can't perform any heavy effort. Feeling dizzy af. 

-Osho

@Someone here maybe try sleeping pills in the beginning till you get the habit and then you can gradually stop the meds. That's what my mom did.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Someone here Are you eating enough? Eat at least 2 big meals midday and evening, it will knock you out and calm the hormones. I am very experienced with sleep deprivation and the state you are in, just got to eat more. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

10 hours ago, Someone here said:

It's been 4 days now. I barely slept two hours since then. Across that period. I feel like a flimsy piece of shit. Extreme headache and fatigue. Can't do anything during the day. I tried warm baths.. Masturbating.. Hot herbs.. Meditation.. Soothing music.. And nothing seems to work.  I struggled with bad dreams and nightmares earlier this month and ever since then  my sleep quality has been going down hill and now barely can sleep. 

I feel like a zombie. 

What to do now? ?

There should be something that has triggered the change in perception. What is it? 

10 hours ago, Someone here said:

I struggled with bad dreams and nightmares earlier this month and ever since then  my sleep quality has been going down hill and now barely can sleep. 

Bad dreams are the subconscious mind. You have not resolved something that is bugging you, also there might be fear, scared to lose the grip?

Something that is either suppressed or denied causes the nightmares. 

Awareness, awareness, awareness, can't stress enough. Do not forget thoughts, emotions, feelings. Do not suppress them, just be very aware of how they arise.

Pretty much,

1.the main rule: everything you wrote is just your thoughts, you understand it, right? This is what drives you crazy.

2. Time does not exist, do let your mind fool you about possible future, outcomes, and fears.

3. Stay as fully present as possible, and try to lose yourself in the moment, by doing something that might put your attention on the objects and take it away from your mind.

4. Surrender and trust. It is your path and you are exactly where you should be. 

5. Everything you believe in is just a mind story. Brush it off. 

6. Don't take it seriously, it is just a "game".

7. you are NOT a human being, because "human being" is just a sound that we call language, label. Remove the language, what you are left with is just a raw experience.  What are you? 

Edited by Galyna

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

I remember you talking about wild dreams, it's probably caused by your lack of sleep and low quality sleep. It seems like you've associated sleep with something negative or scary, and it is perpetuating itself that way because of that, kind of like a self-fulfilling cycle. Although, I can't say 100% what your problem is or if that is accurate.

Here are some basic tips for a good sleep environment:

-Keep your room cold. It's better to have your room cool than hot, you sleep better in a cooler temperature

-Keep your room as dark as possible, close curtains if you need too

-Blue light will wake you up. If you have your curtains open, blue light will come in from outside in the morning and naturally wake you up. This is a normal and natural mechanism, but in your case you wanna go into a really deep sleep so maybe just close your curtains and avoid it as much as possible for now.

-Having white noise, such as from a fan, can help significantly in helping you fall asleep

-Avoid caffeine 

-Don't do exercise near sleeping time

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Sleep hygiene:

No caffeine before bed, reduce nicotine intake before bed, don't use alcohol as sleeping medicine, don't sleep in the afternoon, don't sleep longer on weekends, regular physical exercise (no exercise 3-4 hours before bed), reduce exposure to light and other forms of stimulation 3-4 hours before bed (physical, mental, emotional).

Other remedies include warm bath 2 hours before bed, regular sleep-waking schedule, don't go to bed starving but not too full either, don't look at the time during the night, sleep in a silent, dark, chilled room.

Only use your bed as a place to sleep. If you can't fall asleep within 15 minutes, exit your bedroom, stay in another room and return when you're tired again (this avoids conditioning your mind to associate lying in bed with being awake).

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Take a few melatonin pills, drink some peppermint tea, and put on some meditation music.

hrhrhtewgfegege

I second taking Melatonin. It's over the counter. It rarely has side effects and is non-habit forming. You can get in 3, 5 and 10 mg. I'd start with 5mg.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Someone here

We don’t actually need sleep... just rest. It’s enough to lay there and not move. Also, notice if and when you feel an itch, and don’t scratch it. You’ll fall asleep. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I've had some trouble sometimes falling asleep after trips. What helped a lot was just to accept that you don't have to sleep. Stay up for as long as you must without "trying" to fall asleep, and before you know it you'll be dead on the bed. ;) 

Good news, it won't kill you.  Or at the very least, if you do suffer it's not the plant's fault, for jumping on you...

@Roy @Ananta For treating insomnia, melatonin pills can help to re-establish a normal relationship to sleep and getting back into the groove of things (conditioning), but it's not an effective long-term solution (as with most sleeping medication). It's primarily used to treat circadian rhythm disorders which is not the same thing as insomnia. Even though it's an endogenous compound that seems to be well tolerated in the short-term, very little is known about the side effects of taking it exogenously in the long-term.

Edited by Carl-Richard

13 hours ago, Someone here said:

@acidgoofy  can't perform any heavy effort. Feeling dizzy af. 

I actually think it may help. My mood, concentration, sleep and of course libido goes to shit when I don't work out. If you're young and don't have any underlying medical conditions, doing physical exercise with a lack of sleep shouldn't be dangerous. Exercise floods your brain with relaxing chemicals and promotes sleep later in the day.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Also, don't try to fall asleep. 

@Someone here Any idea what could be the cause of your insomnia? 

Thanks everyone for the tips. 

I finally was able to drift off and slept a good 11 hours last night.  Wehoo what a relief :)

-Osho

20 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

@Roy @Ananta For treating insomnia, melatonin pills can help to re-establish a normal relationship to sleep and getting back into the groove of things (conditioning), but it's not an effective long-term solution (as with most sleeping medication). It's primarily used to treat circadian rhythm disorders which is not the same thing as insomnia. Even though it's an endogenous compound that seems to be well tolerated in the short-term, very little is known about the side effects of taking it exogenously in the long-term.

From Cleveland Clinic Hospital-

"Symptoms of circadian rhythm sleep disorders include: Insomnia (difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep). Excessive daytime sleepiness. Difficulty waking up in the morning."

Look, I'm not going to argue with you about this, but I'm a nurse and I personally knew (when working at the hospital) two physicians that were taking Melatonin "long term" for insomnia. I also spoke to our pharmacist that highly recommended it for insomnia.

I've also used it, but my insomnia is chronic and severe, and it's not enough usually, so I take an alternative medication. Although, I add melatonin to my regimen occasionally. 

Edited by Ananta

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?