Julian gabriel

Could you enjoy a Hitler painting?

110 posts in this topic

Let's consider if the one teacher in the art school of Vienna wouldn't reject Hitler for 'bad design' that was the reason and could see his efforts and tell him ok you have some potential you stay! He could have learned to express his emotions on the canvas and could me more happy, but he got rejected, they didn't gave him love.

Consider how this school evolved in the history we have 

@Julian gabriel

5 hours ago, Julian gabriel said:

@Danioover9000 They think that they lack soul because they think that of hitler, if Mother Teresa painted them people wouldn't shut up about how soulful they are, because they want to be associated with Mother Teresa but not Hitler. 

I know there's a psychology to it, but it's more about the composition. There's  more to painting than it being a visual opinion of things of the world.

4 hours ago, cookiemonster said:

I find these responses quite curious and I'm not sure some of you are getting it.

You are Hitler.

At some point in Eternity you will be incarnated (beyond a veil of ignorance) into the experience of being Hitler. Consider it like a kind of rollercoaster or amusement park ride: Hitler! The Experience!

The experience will be from birth to death, and it will be no different from anything Hitler experienced when Hitler experienced it. You won't be able to say: "Oh, but when I'm Hitler I'll do things differently."

No. You won't do things differently. You'll do things exactly how they were done. And that will be the experience.

So this isn't an exercise in moral vanity or obligatory compassion. You don't have to virtue signal how beautiful you are just because you love (or don't love) Hitler.

You are Hitler. To love him is an exercise in self-love, just as to hate him is an exercise in self-hate.

It's up to you.

1 hour ago, Insane butterfly said:

Let's consider if the one teacher in the art school of Vienna wouldn't reject Hitler for 'bad design' that was the reason and could see his efforts and tell him ok you have some potential you stay! He could have learned to express his emotions on the canvas and could me more happy, but he got rejected, they didn't gave him love.

Well said. The difference between the world going to hell, and a world of beauties, is whether you love less or love more. The tiny degree of difference makes all the difference.

On 5/24/2021 at 3:15 PM, Insane butterfly said:

Same could probably apply, but paradoxically in the opposite way to Churchill. if he didn't have anything go wrong as a kid then he probably wouldn't have had the drive to fight with such passion against hitler. 

@Insane butterfly

On 5/24/2021 at 8:15 PM, Insane butterfly said:

Not only that, but even if say Hitler was rejected, and he is lost and has no direction in life after that, that's now a probabilistic thing. This is probably why Leo talked about the toxic life purpose in one of his videos, that having some direction to work towards, either by intention, or a mix of by design and working with whatever circumstances you have, that is much more secure than having zero direction in life.

Hitler, going into that bar, and hearing whoever was speaking about Nazi ideology, was as probabilistic as if Hitler came across a art gathering, or a person who'd into some different art.

Yes, and we have a name for it. 

Aesthetics.

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

Glad this thread was randomly revived after a 7 months hiatus randomly I presume by @Danioover9000 and @Julian gabriel users rekindling the discussion so I can see it and the posts in it and chime in:

I've been thinking about Hitler, or rather my experience of him in films of him that I saw while looking my posture at the mirror while contemplating on some other unrelated stuff pertaining to my life purpose, calling, etc. and having some imaginative mental exercises of how could of that unfolded differently than it did and an idealized mental image of what I would have/ I would actually do if I had the opportunity now and courage reflecting honestly of how I feel and think should honestly most of it be done and carried out - the posture that I assumed was as  same as him the same as he was preparing for giving his speeches at the mass rallies came from the thoughts and feelings that I had some collective purpose of fulfilling for the nation I was being born into and I deeply felt and thought for a moment that it was actually some sort of fate calling or destiny I had to answer too or a very important historic service I had to provide for thy said people I recognize as belonging to and being a part of for transition to their historic mission and end point destination for transitioning out of this stage of their development and being very open and frank at least in my head of what I thought are the things that I think are severely holding them back and to allowing of them to see or admit to themselves the truth of some collectively emotionally tense matters they refuse to acknowledge and are to painful and traumatic for them to admit and let go off and undermines their whole ideals, stories and identities formed and centered around them - it was a strange feeling I must admit when I started seeing myself unconsciously assuming that posture when thinking about thiese idealized mental scenarios in my mind of what felt most honestly emotionally to myself of what most ought to be said and done to have the most effect in stiring up and waking up the public and when I saw it in myself slowly assuming that posture I immeditely recognized it some time ago where I saw it before in the most immediate assocation that came up in my mind of surfacing up comparamentalized past information and knowledge was the Hitler speech preparation at some Munich or Nuremberg rallies before taking power, I am not sure, in video at the British Pathe channel that I watched in the past.

So I felt strange in that moment breifly when I thought that I understood and empathized with his perspective at some extent, in the sense when you have feelings that you have/had some sort of historic mission or needed impact or social obligation or duty as being part of and living in the same society as they do and experiencing all of it's collective dillemas and programmed feelings of emotions  were called on by duty or fate to do something out of the accepted norm in that society in the way it you think it behaves, thinks and it's mentality operates for people that you deem are in some very hard trasitioing phase or crisis filled with confusion, pain and trauma etc. that you feel destiny or fate put you for reason to belong to or feel that you are a part of for some reason that you have reason, duty or obligation to complete for them for some reason that you intuit or don't know exactly why or can't precisely yet nail down - so yet it was a strange feeling unconsciouly assuming that posture and hand position and noticing and recognizing that I did and immediately getting that association of where I first saw it before.

So yeah I taught at that moment when pacing around the bathroom and looking at myself in the mirror I understood him for a bit of where some aspect of his feelings might be coming from.

As for the painting's I see a lot of, honest projection on my part, an attempt and insertion of a perfectionist feeling or desire in them, and an enrapturement of and with some idealized wish at perennialism (or timeless permanence to translate its meaning from Latin) of the local culturally familiar national heritage architecture he is trying to immortalize in his paintings being one's entitled, given and gifted heritage forever to be marveled at and it's a duty for its beauty to be properly captured in some idealized form to properly honor the allowance in being born into a nation or people that allows you to feel a familiarity with around, identification with on a deeply personal level as part of the joy of being able to experience such beauty of the perfectionality, flawlessness and mastery you see in its cultural heritage as by luck or chance given heir and inheritor and for the bestowed upon the honor of being able to capture it in an idealized and immortalized form as it is standing there and in that picture in this brief moment of existence and lasting and expected joy of being able to share your artistic work with generation's of your people to come who will be appreciate it and value it deeply and feel deep familiarity of it as it is part of their cultural heirdom and inherited and living experience within it to be able to appreciate in this idealized, essentialized and unchanging form of it's captured immortalized essence from it's ages and ages to come - in sum an obsession with an imagined idealized recreation and capturing of an immortalized, unchangnig, undying essential form and converting it into a Platonic ideal of a thing as duty of preserving in that intact, pure and natural form in which the cultural heirloom appears to you and that you were given the opportunity to experience familiarity and deep connection and indentification to capture it in a painting for future generations of people living there to experience through this idealized immortal form of painting it's raw, unfiltered beauty and familiarity, indentification and appreciation the same way you did as you tried to capture it in a timeless, perfectionistic, immortal and idealized form as it's archetypal essence - in short a fear of death, change, dissapearance and of waning away by frantically trying leave behind before you go artistic remnants of architecture, landscape, natural world through and idealized form of a painting to capture it's unchanging immortality as it's essence in the moment you thought you experinced and perceived it as such as it being it's essence in the captured perceptual Platonic ideal of it's essence you were trying to recreate of it.

in short, trying to capture that feeling of unchanging and timeless familiarity with something in a perfectionist, immortalized, idealized way as if it's the essence and proper way of experiencing it as if it will be always that way as you first experienced it, thought about it, interpreted it, and felt about it that way the first time you saw it and to preserve that memory of it as you experienced it that way and to cherish it and worship that same way forever as if it will never wane away, change or eventually disappear in that form or die out.

Well at least that's my projection of the interpretation of its intent, I could be severely off in interpreting it this way as a layman in artistic and aesthetic interpretation terms.

On 5/8/2021 at 10:58 AM, Tim R said:

Adolf_Hitler_-_Wien_Oper.jpg

Adolf_Hitler_-_Schloss_Neuschwanstein.jp

_105329300_hi051871593.jpg

Edited by Fleetinglife

''society is culpable in not providing free education for all and it must answer for the night which it produces. If the soul is left in darkness sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.” ― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables'

No, his work sucks.  They did not allow him to join for a reason.  No emotion, nothing original, he could do a classical work.... barely.
Look at his work.... it's  bad....

Edited by Loba

30 minutes ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

Hitler wasn’t even considered a good painter. He couldn’t draw faces.  Says a lot.

I can't draw faces either

@Julian gabriel You look like a serial killer.... so.... what...?

Are you.... jw.

Edited by Loba

I have definitely appreciated a Hitler painting.

Props.  Pretty fucking good if you ask me.  Beautiful.  

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@Loba

16 hours ago, Loba said:

No, his work sucks.  They did not allow him to join for a reason.  No emotion, nothing original, he could do a classical work.... barely.
Look at his work.... it's  bad....

Which part of his paintings suck?

Shure we love Hitler though we are not allowed to praise him he is not as bad as antivaxxers though.

One of the basic psychological things you learn when dealing with art or other creative work is to detach the work itself from the artist.

The work will get released, it will intertwine with the subjectivity of many people, be experienced uniquely and it take a life of its own, regardless of what the creator does, even if he wanted to control it. Just as it would with lets say his kid.

So I see no reason why would I not enjoy the work of anyone if I happen to be aligned with it.

Edited by Yog

9 minutes ago, Gregory1 said:

I like Hitler:)

he has done some cruel things but he's still a human.

But why do you like him? Can you provide a detailed explanation? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

4 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

But why do you like him? Can you provide a detailed explanation? 

I don't know. Humans are a beautiful thing, all of them in their own way. I know that Hitler was not evil, he was just ignorant.

The same reason I also like you : )

You are a beautiful being.

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/