Finax

What A High Conscious Christian Church looks like. MUST SEE

6 posts in this topic

Here is a church that teaches and embraces meditation, wisdom, philosophy, understanding, and love.

At 26:32 , Danny talks about how wisdom comes from within and is connected to your heart, and has nothing to do with logic, and has nothing to do with knowledge.

He goes on saying that true education is love and understanding, not knowledge.

Danny has spoken about Socrates, and the ancient Greeks, as well as the Sufi mystic Rumi, and Ekhart tolle.

He has spoken about loving other religions and has invited an Islamic scholar as a guest speaker.

He is even teaching about breaking away from all authority, and become your own authority to find freedom, then he connects this with Alan watts. At 1:01:50.

Thank you!

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

I think of Cynthia Bourgeault as the Alan Watts of our time. She was one of the first women to become an Episcopal Priest in the 1970’s. She’s been a long time student of the Gurdjieff Work and her many of her online courses are flavored from that perspective. Her books are very helpful for those who were brought up in Fundamentalist Christianity and are in need of making peace with their roots. Especially The Wisdom Jesus and The Heart of Centering Prayer. Even those who are not Christian would enjoy them IMO. Her latest book , Eye of the Heart is pretty mind blowing. She’s already pointing to the third tier of Spiral Dynamics.

IMG_1231.JPGIMG_1183.JPGIMG_1186.JPG

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Not my style, way too fluffy and modern. Where do the people kneel to practice humility? I feel more high conscious vibes from traditional Catholic Churches.

@SgtPepper Don’t be too quick to put them in a box. You might be surprised and please don’t take this response personally ,,,,, Many of them practice Centering Prayer meditation which is quite similar to the practice of Zazen. There’s an embrace of The Gospel of Thomas which the Catholic and most of the Protestant Churches won’t go near because ,,,?? the Nicean council didn’t approve in 325 ad to help  coalesce the Roman political situation.???

15 hours ago, SgtPepper said:

Not my style, way too fluffy and modern. Where do the people kneel to practice humility?

Their humility comes in the form of controlling their tongue in the presence of self righteous fools and others who exhibit forms of false bravado with the practice of “bearing the unpleasant manifestations of others.”
The Contemplative movement of today has its roots in early Christianity with the Desert mothers and fathers and also the Russian Orthodox Church if I’m not mistaken. Many of the great Christian mystics have been scattered along these same lineages. Cynthia Bourgeault a leader in the Contemporary Contemplative movement humorously coined the phrase do-gooderism in describing the all too well known phenomena that many of us witness in today’s  churches and civic organizations. 
To top off my not so fluffy retort

In the Gospel of Thomas Jesus said, "Don't worry too much what the outside of the cup looks like, You only drink what's inside."  "Do not let fundamentalists come between you and God's love. They are like dog's guarding a cow's trough. They protect food they don't eat from animals that are starving." (Paraphrased)

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn