Space

Leo On Charlie and Ben Podcast

185 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You are Infinite Love. There's no need for compassion once you realize what you are and there is no one but yourself to be compassionate towards. So you just fall in love with yourself. Which is just to say you ARE Love.

You feel Love so deeply it kills you. Death by Love.

Would you say compassion is at least an important/possibly inevitable stepping stone on the path to Infinite Love? Similar to moving through Stage Green in order to arrive at SD Tier 2. Compassion for “others” seems to be the most obvious way of embodying Self-Love, at least from a normie perspective.

In any case, I enjoy being as compassionate as I can at this stage of my development.

38 minutes ago, knakoo said:

All of these teachers adapt their teachings to meet people where they are at. So they may tell something that is not true in an absolute sense but is exactly what someone needs to hear. How could you possibly know how awake they are ? Or if they know what God is ? Maybe if you talked to them privately or experienced a spiritual transmission from them they would blow you mind. 

I remember you comparing Sadhguru to Jesus. If Sadhguru is not fully awake then who is ?? 

Arrogance and assumptions 101.

I mean sure, they don't do all that, but maybe they reach more people by not doing that, and that's the point.

Leo goal is not to reach a lot of people, but to help to go deeper for people that are already relatively deep.

I can't see why Leo has to compare himself to those guys, like they complement each other, but the way he phrases it is that they are stupid and useless compared to him ...

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

There is a pinned thread called "Nonduality wars not allowed here" and then Leo himself constantly bashing other Non-dual teachers whos style is different from his or maybe Ken Wilbers who is also kind of a spiritual elitist in many ways. 

Just because someone has high IQ and talks about complex models does not mean they are any more awake than a teacher who does not do so. 

Deconstructivists don't like to be deconstructed do they 

39 minutes ago, Matt Skinner said:

Would you say compassion is at least an important/possibly inevitable stepping stone on the path to Infinite Love?

Sure

But don't forget, murder can also be a stepping stone to Infinite Love.

Everything is a stepping stone in its own way.

30 minutes ago, Shin said:

I can't see why Leo has to compare himself to those guys...

It's not about comparing me to anyone.

It's about guiding you to the deepest consciousness possible. You will not reach the deepest consciousness using their weak sauce. I'm very serious about this. I don't give a rats ass about being better than those people. What I care about is you getting stuck at some nothingness or no-self state.

Nonduality is not full God-realization. All paths do not lead to the same place.

There exists a place of Infinite Consciousness. If you dare, I will meet you there.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But don't forget, murder can also be a stepping stone to Infinite Love.

Everything is a stepping stone in its own way.

Ah right. Gotcha

1 hour ago, knakoo said:

How could you possibly know how awake they are ?

How could you determine someone’s level of English speaking?

Since you are fluent in English, you could easily tell the difference between beginner, intermediate and advanced levels.

You honesty think God doesn't know how awake someone is?

You make a cripple out of God.

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

In the end you have no control over anything at all, you just surrender to Love.

That's a beautiful phrase ?

Ya know I’ve fuckin sat here, and listened to that podcast. An I’ve tried to dissect it type thing, thing about how it works, how it doesn’t, and just how anything an everything. Ya know leo sits there at one point, well a couple of points, and says it how it is, those words we all wanted to hear, that ya imagining everything. I’m not quite sure if you lot realise how that sounds, to some stage orange even green, a bit yellow. Whatever however ya want to frame it. That podcast is a clever podcast there’s clever intellectual shit on there week in week out. It’s a fucking podcast of genuine people who are genuinely like clever blokes. As in they can chat, but they can really chat, they know their shit they’re not stupid. Yet there’s no doubt about it, when Leo sits there and tells them and tells the world whoever’s listening, that they are imagining everything ? that it just does not resonate. Not at all. I saw Leo’s face, he was giggling to himself at times cus he just knew, he just knows. It’s almost like trying to tell ya 12 month old kid that Santa is a tosser??‍♂️. It’s sooooo difficult I don’t think people appreciate. My mates want to cast me aside as if I’m an idiot if I suggest reality is imaginary. So fuck knows what half those viewers thought. They must have been like this fucker has lost the plot?. But I get it, I get why certain people may thing that, or along those lines. They’re cool dudes who run that podcast they genuinely are clever out there thinking people. But it’s like, reality is imaginary.... and it’s just impossible to get. U either get it or u don’t type thing. I mean I can imagine maybe a good few listeners might get it to the extent that they start questioning themselves. But fucking hell im not sure people realise just how crazy it is when u say reality is imaginary! Like it’s not just a joke, a here or there type thing. Reality is imaginary. That seriously is a line that if u truly get, you will go insane??‍♂️?. I’ve been there, I’ve been insane. So yea, I get it. Great podcast great discussion. But it’s never gonna be something like leo speaks to some dude on a podcast and awakens him live on air?. I think sometimes it seems like that’s what u guys want. I can’t happen. It’s a yearly structure, even more than yearly, it’s a lifetimes work. So yea, let up an just enjoy the content. It’s all good

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I elaborated it to Charlie. God is Love and all of its will goes towards creating Love. So even God does not really have free will, although it does but it was all given to Love. In the end you have no control over anything at all, you just surrender to Love.

What the hell?! Love should be an attribute of the True Self/God. Not the way around. From what I've experienced the Self is one and therefore has the property of Unity/Love/Completeness. And this feature exhibits itself in dualistic reality too. 

But God is not a servant to love. God acts out of the will of self exploration and self expression. At least that's what is clear to my experience. God is the eternal "sense of existing", while love is just completeness/eternal oneness. :o

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

Could have given shorted and straight forward answers.

For example, Charlie asked Leo how would a normal person question the assumption that only living beings have consciousness? Leo could have pointed out that the line between living and non-living isn't so clear, or that living beings are themselves made up of non-living things. Instead, he went on a long speech which didn't address the question directly. 

He should use paradoxes and limitations in language and logic to open people's minds. 

Also, it would be a good idea to tell people that just because reality is an illusion, doesn't mean they have to stop surviving. When Leo says to deconstruct reality people take that as going to the hills and leaving everything behind. 

I would also like to mention Charlie was exceptionally open minded and familiar with Leo's work. This is the easiest, most understanding interviewer Leo's going to get. I was familiar with his channel but now I am going to check out his channel properly, he seems like an intelligent guy. 

Edited by Derek White

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

On 2021-05-07 at 6:19 PM, Leo Gura said:

This is why I rarely do conversations with people. The interviewer does not know the depth of what he is asking. We waste most of the time clearing up confusions and defense mechanisms. To get a conversation as substantial as one of my videos the interviewer would need have a depth of consciousness and knowledge that I have. Such people nearly do not exist. And if they do, they don't have massive YT channels or general audiences.

@Leo Gura I can think of only one podcaster who may match your depth of conciousness and knowledge who exists - Paul Chek 

If I recall correctly, he’s also done 5-MEO 150+ times 

:)

Edited by WaltJ

7 minutes ago, WaltJ said:

@Leo Gura I can think of only one podcaster who may match your depth of conciousness and knowledge who exists - Paul Chek 

If I recall correctly, he’s also done 5-MEO 150+ times 

:)

The problem with that is, then his audience already knows most of what I will say, and there is little point preaching to the chior. It's too easy to preach to the chior.

The key is to find a Goldilocks zone where people are openminded but the info is still new to them.

9 hours ago, Forestluv said:

How could you determine someone’s level of English speaking?

Since you are fluent in English, you could easily tell the difference between beginner, intermediate and advanced levels.

Let me rephrase "how could you possibly know how awake someone is from what they say to a mainstream audience?"

When someone is talking to a baby sometimes they dumb down their speech. 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

The problem with that is, then his audience already knows most of what I will say, and there is little point preaching to the chior. It's too easy to preach to the chior.

The key is to find a Goldilocks zone where people are openminded but the info is still new to them.

Interview with Sadhguru, man! Although he'll probably hard to reach

I have nothing to discuss with Sadhguru.

@Leo Gura Thought you did a great job and Charlie reminded open minded which was great. I think the more you do this the better you will get also. Makes me want to start a podcast so I can get to talk to you. Good work :)

@Leo Gura just because we do listen to other teachers other than you ( as you recommend) who do you know that has equal amount of understanding or integrity same to you who wouldn’t lead us to become simply a part of their flock? Any spiritual teacher comes to mind? I’m really interested and not simply using this to doubt you.

Edited by Happy Lizard

21 minutes ago, Happy Lizard said:

@Leo Gura just because we do listen to other teachers other than you ( as you recommend) who do you know that has equal amount of understanding or integrity same to you who wouldn’t lead us to become simply a part of their flock? Any spiritual teacher comes to mind? I’m really interested and not simply using this to doubt you.

I fully encourage you to listen to other spiritual teachers. I have no desire to monopolize your mind.

I don't know who has equal amount of understanding and frankly I don't care. You should stop trying to equate people and just appreciate many diverse perspectives. You don't need some ultimate one perspective or teacher, what you need is many diverse sources which you will integrate into your own master understanding.