Space

Leo On Charlie and Ben Podcast

185 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Sam Harris would be the most difficult person to talk to by far. That rationalism, scientism, and atheism would be denser than a lead brick. He would be stubborn like a mule and his mind is so crafty and smart that he would have a perfect excuse for every point made. Deconstructing his mind would be impossible.

A sharp rationality in the hands of the ego-mind is the most dangerous thing. It will try to out-lawyer you in ways you cannot imagine. I am not a magician in such matters. I expect people to want to open their minds, not to have to twist their nipple into it.

The thing with Sam Harris is, if you can't out-logic him on his terms, you automatically lose. Because that's the whole game him and his entire audience is playing. If it isn't perfectly logical they will declare victory. My mind does not even work in such stupidly logical ways.

For me to be logical is big step down in my intelligence.

Over the years it does seem as if his grip on materialism has eased a little, I listened to a podcast recently and he was talking about the no self experience/non duality, unfortunately he fits it in to the material paradigm. If I remember rightly his wife entertains the idea of consciousness being fundamental. Maybe he should listen to his wife more ?

11 minutes ago, Ben_P said:

Over the years it does seem as if his grip on materialism has eased a little, I listened to a podcast recently and he was talking about the no self experience/non duality, unfortunately he fits it in to the material paradigm. If I remember rightly his wife entertains the idea of consciousness being fundamental. Maybe he should listen to his wife more

He has done a lot of meditation too. Also he dares to cut through very controversial subjects. So I think he dares to kill his darlings, ideas,  when they no longer fit him.

12 minutes ago, Ben_P said:

Over the years it does seem as if his grip on materialism has eased a little, I listened to a podcast recently and he was talking about the no self experience/non duality, unfortunately he fits it in to the material paradigm. If I remember rightly his wife entertains the idea of consciousness being fundamental. Maybe he should listen to his wife more ?

Listen to his interview with Rupert Spira to see where that conversation would go.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I think we all can agree on is that Leo is pioneering non duality in a modern way. 

I feel that it is completly unnessecary to compare his approach to others and use it against him or against any other teacher.

We are all here for similar reasons and the non duality scene creates even more seperation between us/others and between teachings and teaches, which  is precisly what we are trying to deconstruct through non duality..

If we really want to impact others and lead the way and affect more souls we have to unite and not be even more seperate.

It is obvious that non duality can be realized through alot of different means, and that should be respected imo.

I feel that Leo gets alot of critic from alot of people which should support him instead and unite different teachings under one unified "banner".

All teachings is very similiar if we look through the bias of words and so forth.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

1 hour ago, Ben_P said:

Leo, will you do an update on where you are on your journey? Like in your day to day experience? How much more awake are you compared to say 3 years ago? 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, soon.

It would be interesting to know if you view about personal self-improvemenet stuff has changed and how do you deal with combining spirituallity with getting regular shit done. I mean, if you know that everything is relative and biased, how con you work hard to create your own business for example? How do you avoid nihislim? How do you avoid that "nothing matters, I don´t care about anything" mentallity?

Edited by RedLine

4 minutes ago, RedLine said:

It would be interesting to know if you view about personal self-improvemenet stuff has changed and how do you deal with combining spirituallity with getting regular shit done. I mean, if you know that everything is relative and biased, how con you work hard to create your own business for example? How do you avoid nihislim? How do you avoid that "nothing matters, I don´t care about anything" mentallity?

Yeah, well, what the hell else you gonna do?

Even doing nothing is a doing.

I work hard for Love! What matters is the only thing there is: Love!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 minutes ago, RedLine said:

Realizing relativity doesn't cage you in. It sets you free. Why would you be down and depressed when you're light as a feather? You can't truly be nihilistic when you're radiating love.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Preety_India

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

I also wanted to write many books. I'm currently in that process.

What kind of books? If it is not a secret...

5 minutes ago, Bojan V said:

@Preety_India

What kind of books? If it is not a secret...

I'm writing books on spirituality.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

5 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I'm writing books on spirituality.

"Books"? Wow. Sounds like a lot of work. I imagine writing one is hard enough, but multiple books? Damn. 

@Preety_India What exactly are the different topics you cover in your books?^_^

@Tim R its also a lot of stuff which is in my oldest journals. All my insights over the past 3 years combined equivalent of 20,000 posts.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Excellent watch that. There’s only so far ya can go in the time given and respond to whatever questions are asked of. Thought it was a great discussion to listen to ?? 

Jesus it's so humbling to see Leo like that. 

3 hours ago, mandyjw said:

Then it wasn't ever really compassion, but a label you stuck over compassion to avoid actually feeling it. 

It takes compassion and selflessness towards others to actually awaken and only THEN is it realized that all others were actually held within your mind all along - the Mind of God.  And God drowns in its own Love for Itself..  Oneness is not realized through selfishness.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

22 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

THEN is it realized that all others were actually held within your mind all along - the Mind of God. 

There's a deep truth here, but it can't be thought. If this insight is owned and held by the mind, no matter WHOSE mind you think "has" it, it's filtered through that particular identification. 

"God" in thought is an archetype, maybe you could even say it's the super ego. The super ego typically is the self critical voice and tries to get you to act moral and good, so you awaken and see that there aren't two of you, there is no actual super ego, and no threat behind it. But if you replace that voice with another voice that says "others aren't real", "I'm the only one here", you have not made any progress but just changed the beliefs of the super ego, you've changed morality and shoulds to the morality of having NO morality. 

It's the house swept clean that the demon invites seven more along with it to come occupy. 

It's a poor substitute for Source. There's no one who secures themselves after an awakening as the knower of anything. There's no one willing to trade actual love for the thought of love. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

4 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

There's a deep truth here, but it can't be thought. If this insight is owned and held by the mind, no matter WHOSE mind you think "has" it, it's filtered through that particular identification. 

Yes.  It must be genuine.

6 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

"God" in thought is an archetype, maybe you could even say it's the super ego.

The map is not the territory :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 hours ago, Cykaaaa said:

Why are you assuming you have to deconstruct people's minds. 

Depending on where one's baseline consciousness is, and how open minded, awakening can happen with self inquiry alone - I would like to see Leo emphasize this a bit more.  There may be spiritually gifted folks out there that don't even know it yet.

So yeah it is not always necessary to do a complete deconstruction of paradigms - depending on how tightly they are held -because meditation and self inquiry into the self (which is a form of deconstruction but of the self) can trigger a profound mystical experience that will shatter previous paradigms on its own.   Or at least encourage them to delve into the teachings here in a serious way.

But perhaps since most normies are not gonna have mystical experiences via meditation it wasn't worth discussing in more depth with the time allotted.  You gotta remember he had a limited amount of time with which to work.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 hours ago, Cykaaaa said:

Why are you assuming you have to deconstruct people's minds. 

That's what I teach.

I'm not gonna let some like Sam Harris sit there and bullshit me with fake science and logic.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

1000+

Sadhguru, Spira, and Tolle don't say anything of substance. They just give vague allusions to things. I have no interest in such talk.

Sadhguru, Spira, and Tolle have not taken on the task of deconstructing science or materialism for example, or explaining that you are God. My work is very different from such gurus. My work is much more technical and intellectual. I talk about complex models and metaphysics and epistemology and philosophy and politics, etc. Sadhguru tells stupid stories about Shankara and Pilai.

Someone like Spira also has a very niche audience of hardcore nondualists who he preaches to. And to a general audience he says simple things like close your eyes and feel your awareness. I don't do that kind of stuff.

Tolle does not go to a scientist and try to tell him that his entire worldview is a lie.

Besides, these people are not even fully awake. They could not tell you what God is, and they never have.

All of these teachers adapt their teachings to meet people where they are at. So they may tell something that is not true in an absolute sense but is exactly what someone needs to hear. How could you possibly know how awake they are ? Or if they know what God is ? Maybe if you talked to them privately or experienced a spiritual transmission from them they would blow you mind. 

I remember you comparing Sadhguru to Jesus. If Sadhguru is not fully awake then who is ?? 

By the way @Leo Gura, I don't know if that was suggested yet, but an interview/conversation with @Nahm would be very interesting !