Space

Leo On Charlie and Ben Podcast

185 posts in this topic

The much anticipated podcast episode has been released:

@Leo Gura feel free to hide this post if you wanted to post the video yourself on the blog etc.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

Leo goes Cosmopolitan !

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

It was awesome!

A different view of Leo. It was refreshing.

?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

30 minutes ago, acidgoofy said:

we all just stardust?

this is amazing leo you could blow joe rogans mind

Maybe Leo can talk him into wearing a mask and vaccinate.

Joe Rogan is an embarrassment, and I lose respect for any of my friends that listen to him.

1 minute ago, Mafortu said:

Maybe Leo can talk him into wearing a mask and vaccinate.

Joe Rogan is an embarrassment, and I lose respect for any of my friends that listen to him.

Judging someone for 2 things he's done is not very holistic :)

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

I'm not all the way through but this is epic.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Enjoying it right now. Got real lovely at 50 min mark, really resonated. Leo has a beautiful mind that is able to express this in a very detailed way. I enjoy the 50 min mark because this is where Leo is really no more and a pure expression of "this" shines through and resonates beautifully.

@traveler yeah it gets better and more powerful as it goes on.....

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

14 minutes ago, Shin said:

Judging someone for 2 things he's done is not very holistic :)

If someone I respect suddenly comes out as transphobic and anti-lgtb, I will stop listening to that person all together. I will not give views or clout to a vector of hate and misinformation.

I hope you see my point.

22 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Comments section is quite hostile

I kinda get it though.  I think it's Leo's speaking style and just how his mind works.  Like I do love his stuff, but i found a few things in this video which i thought he didnt't do well and could improve on.

• Addressing questions in more concrete ways and using more concrete examples and being less abstract.  A few times he had questions asked tp him to give specific and i think he either couldn't think of any or for some reason didnt't give them.
  • Addressing questions more directly.  It seemed like he was asked a question but then he jumped around it a lot.  I think his mind just naturally works this way.  I found he often didn't answer it directly and instead went into tangents and never fully or directly answered the question.  I think this gave him a vibe of evading questions, not that I think he was actually doing that.
  • Talk slower, give more pauses (for the audience to keep up and space for the questionner to speak or ask clarifying questions.  Several times the interviewer started speaking or asking a question but Leo kinda kept on talking.  I think this kinda let Leo go all over the place and not stay on track.  

Those are my main critiques.

I think it's a great thing to start to have conversations with others and hope he does more in the future.  

Thanks for the talk

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

Great podcastxD there were some points were you could see how Leo had to restrain himself not to go balls to the wall and just spit it all out. Like in the very first question about psychedelics..

I tend to forget how different many of us see the world from the majority of people. What we regard as obvious is absolutely and radically heretical to most people.

Leo be like: 

"Oh yeah yeah, I'm all for science!"

Also Leo: "My penis is literally inside your mind."

Oh god I love it??

I'm really looking forward to Leo's next appearance. Great idea to make this podcast round. 

The problem is that the questions Charlie asked were so deep it would require a 5 hr conversation.

Something like deconstructing science just cannot be done in 60 minutes because there are too many defense mechanisms to address.

Deconstructing science would take at least 5 hrs. And we talked about a lot more topics than that.

Each topic Charlie asked about is a 5 hr conversation.

This is the difficulty of talking about this stuff in a casual way to a general audience who has zero foundation in metaphysics or epistemology. It is like trying to explain calculus to an audience who never even learned arithmetic.

Charlie's audience is gonna be very stage Orange so they will be extremely skeptical of anyone who questions science. That is a huge red flag in their mind. Because if science can be deconstructed their whole reality collapses and that is totally unacceptable.

Which is why my videos are so long.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Leo was great. Not sure why so much negative comments. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Leo Gura Do you sometimes feel frustrated when you're trying to explain? 

3 minutes ago, Tim R said:

@Leo Gura Do you sometimes feel frustrated when you're trying to explain? 

My only frustration is not enough time.

I enjoyed the conversation. These kind of conversations are very easy for me. The problem is dumbing it down to a level the audience can follow. Dumbing it down in the right way takes a lot of skill and I still need to get better at that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.