harisankartj

Non Dual Experience

9 posts in this topic

I happened to come across a video of Rupert Spira giving one of his lectures and had an insight.I dont know if this can be called a non dual experience but wanted to share it.

.In this video when he asks Harry to wake up from the dream, I somehow used his exercise as a sort of "koan" (the zen riddles u read to get an insight) and had what I think is a nondual experience.I suddenly realized who I was and felt like what was around me was happening inside me.It still feel it.I dont know if this is just a small event.I surely felt a lot happier .I urge anyone reading this to do this exercise while meditating,to imagine dreaming what u currently experience and then waking up.

4 minutes ago, harisankartj said:

I suddenly realized who I was and felt like what was around me was happening inside me.

@harisankartj Can you allow everything to merge as one field of awareness. No in me or out of me.  Try an awareness exercise. Everything is happing in you. Everything is happening outside you. Go back and forth until the lines blur than vanish.

@cetus56 yeah will do.I am not saying I had a perfect experience but just that I became aware of what was it that was experiencing everything but yeah I get what u say.

20 hours ago, harisankartj said:

felt like what was around me was happening inside me

You're inside it and its inside you and you're inside it and its inside you.

Get it?

[insert quote here]

20 hours ago, harisankartj said:

I suddenly realized who I was and felt like what was around me was happening inside me.

Take that literaly and dont wrap it in spiritual bacon. Everything you think you see happening is nothing more then your mind projecting it on reality.

@harisankartj I experienced exactly what you referred to about 2 months ago. I was sitting in the woods and suddenly everything that was happening outside of me was now located in my head. When the birds would sing that was really cool b-c they were singing in my head and not in the trees. I also  experience from time to time my awareness that normally feels as if located behind the eyes, was out in front of me and no longer at my body location. That is really freaky because it gives the sensation of being out of body to some degree. I'm not saying I could see from that location like remote viewing, but I could feel that awareness has hovering out there. When the two different views of perception merge into one, It feels like being in a ocean of awareness that is surrounding everything. Everything takes on more vibrancy and seems as if it's in hi definition. You can really feel the presents of existence just in it's original state free of all interpretation.

*I just watched another Rupert Spira vid where he talks about reality happing on a screen. This is why I wonder sometimes, which is the true way of perceiving reality. If there is one true way. We are talking about 4 distinctly different ways of perceiving reality here. Inside my head. Outside with me as an observer looking out. Flat screen as an observer looking out. And total mergence where all boundaries fall away.

Edited by cetus56

A non dual experience is an oxymoron.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

On 31/10/2016 at 4:59 PM, harisankartj said:

I happened to come across a video of Rupert Spira giving one of his lectures and had an insight.I dont know if this can be called a non dual experience but wanted to share it.

.In this video when he asks Harry to wake up from the dream, I somehow used his exercise as a sort of "koan" (the zen riddles u read to get an insight) and had what I think is a nondual experience.I suddenly realized who I was and felt like what was around me was happening inside me.It still feel it.I dont know if this is just a small event.I surely felt a lot happier .I urge anyone reading this to do this exercise while meditating,to imagine dreaming what u currently experience and then waking up.

The problem i have with this (unless i am misinterpreting what rupert is saying) is that rupert is making out that 'the dream' is some sort of great illusion... I understand that everything we see, hear, sense, smell, taste is all within our mind, and we are just experiencing chemicals/electronic signals in our brain, however these signals would not happen if there was no physical world around us for us to interpret, therefore there would be no 'dream' without an outside world from the mind....  Am i missing something? 

@step1 Yea, this is a deep one for sure. Though to really put into words. I don't think he's saying that reality itself is a dream but that all reality is happening within awareness and only within awareness. The illusion is- that there is somebody here responsible for experiencing reality. The dream of an individual self happens within awareness. There is no you experiencing reality, only awareness. If you believe there is a you that is experiencing reality, that is the dream. This is the meaning of awakening. There is no you to awaken! If you notice @ 6:00 "Harry's" mind isn't willing to except this as reality. He wants to stay in the dream of self.