Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Trickyp

Question on Leos video "What Is Goodness?"

14 posts in this topic

In the video "What Is Goodness? - Good & Morality Fully Explained" at 1:03:20 min Leo makes the practical assumption that there was an impulse in anyone since birth to be good. Meant is genuine goodness not because of how it is gonna make you look, not because you have to and not because it gonna impress anybody as Leo cites at the 1:04:00 min mark. Wanted to discuss if this is true and how to find out for oneself? How does Leo know that automatically anyone instinctively feels an impulse to help an old lady on the street, his/her child or a some freezing dog or a homeless man real selflessly? Couldn`t it be that there not only exist "plus poled" but also genetically "minus poled" people so to say?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if you are acting evil, you're still doing it out of a twisted sense of what is good.

The problem isn't that some people are good and some are evil. The problem is that good is relativistic, which leads to some fucked up scenarios where someone like Hitler is actually doing good from his twisted worldview.

This is a problem of perspective.

But also you should note that Hitler was often nice in person, had good manners, and even loved his dog and so on. If Hitler saw an old German lady struggling to cross the road, and there was no one else around, he would probably gladly help her across just to feel good about himself.

Another example: a mass shooter thinks he's doing good for the world by shooting people. If your worldview is one in which you see mankind as evil and cancerous, shooting them suddenly becomes good.

Certainly some people are more positive vs negative via genetic predisposition and brain chemistry. Some people are prone to depression, nihilism, self-hatred, etc. But these are all twisted up forms of consciousness. Such consciousness can be rehabilitated or straightened out. But it tends to be very labor intensive.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Trickyp I don't know what you're saying.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leo Gura What I am saying is that although I do not want to believe it myself in my experience it seems  like there exist evil people being evil for the sake of being evil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appearances are deceiving.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Occasionally the clouds move and the sun shines through and you get this window of clarity into something. This starts with your own life and you get some deep understanding into why you lived a negative experience and interacted with someone "bad".

The hero and the bad guy are created in the same creative author's mind. You can't see the reason or the greater lesson and purpose that JK Rowling created Voldemort for, if you're Harry Potter living when he is missing his parents that Voldemort murdered. It won't happen and it doesn't have to happen. Voldemort will always be evil. But Voldemort never existed and neither did Harry. 


My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/05/2021 at 11:14 AM, Leo Gura said:

But also you should note that Hitler was often nice in person,

 


"Wanting keeps me from the awareness I already have it. I already am it.” — Byron Katie

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

theres videos of kids doing beheadings for ISIS (age 8-10)

imagine the world perspective from them.... i do wonder if it comes down to asking yourself if what you are doing is good

seeing a person screaming and crying while you cut their head off its hard to believe a person would not see that this ''could be bad''

the question is do they....? do they really ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7.5.2021 at 0:14 PM, Leo Gura said:

But also you should note that Hitler was often nice in person, had good manners, and even loved his dog and so on. If Hitler saw an old German lady struggling to cross the road, and there was no one else around, he would probably gladly help her across just to feel good about himself.

I know Hitler often was nice in person since I was him as you say, so let's turn things on their head: Why did the "devil" hurt/provoke poor little Hitler so much that it enabled him to develop the energy almost to become death, destroyer of worlds in human form? How does such a misunderstanding happen while there is nobody/nothing evil for the sake of being evil, what are the mechanics behind "IT"? 

On 7.5.2021 at 0:14 PM, Leo Gura said:

But these are all twisted up forms of consciousness. Such consciousness can be rehabilitated or straightened out. But it tends to be very labor intensive.

Isn't this what Hitler said - Arbeit macht frei !? So concentration camps can be seen as forced "meditation retreats" for unconscious people from this point of view? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Captain_Diabetes said:

seeing a person screaming and crying while you cut their head off its hard to believe a person would not see that this ''could be bad''

the question is do they....? do they really ?

Of course they see it as good.

No different than you would see swatting a fly.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course they see it as good.

No different than you would see swatting a fly.

I mean, as human you gotta be really really compressing yourself to put the emotional impact of that on the same level.

Edited by ilja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course they see it as good.

No different than you would see swatting a fly.


a alamy stock photo.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2021 at 5:58 AM, Trickyp said:

In the video "What Is Goodness? - Good & Morality Fully Explained" at 1:03:20 min Leo makes the practical assumption that there was an impulse in anyone since birth to be good. Meant is genuine goodness not because of how it is gonna make you look, not because you have to and not because it gonna impress anybody as Leo cites at the 1:04:00 min mark. Wanted to discuss if this is true and how to find out for oneself? How does Leo know that automatically anyone instinctively feels an impulse to help an old lady on the street, his/her child or a some freezing dog or a homeless man real selflessly? Couldn`t it be that there not only exist "plus poled" but also genetically "minus poled" people so to say?

It’s not true in regard to being able to think it and realize it. It’s true in the sense goodness forgot itself, and never could think itself, but in forgetting itself, believes it can think itself, and so creates beliefs about itself innocently. 

But the intuition says that innocence never left, is still ever present to be, and is uncovered effortlessly by relinquishing the very thinking one can or is thinking oneself. 

Thinking is such a slip and slide. “You are”... “they are”... and already ‘we’re’ a hundred miles from innocence. Apparently. 


MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0