Meditationdude

Heavy forum commenters

47 posts in this topic

This might sound slightly ranty but some of y’all spend way too much time on this forum! This may come off judgmental and brash but y’all need to get a life, for real. I’m sorry someone has to say it. I feel like this forum is getting very much like an echo chamber but with lots of delusional ego. An echo/ego chamber lol. So much bullshit and projections is hard to watch. 

We need to be careful on here because some people are lurking around looking for genuine help are getting horrible advice from these mega commenters. Listen, you don’t know everything, you don’t have to comment on every single thing you think you know. You don’t have to flex your consciousness on us. Just stop. It’s like a high consciousness version of trolling. Get outside and put your phones and computers away, fuck! Maybe this is why you’re so miserable is because you’re stuck on your electronics all day wasting your life. 

Ok that def was a full blown rant sorry ? 

I do love you guys and this feels more like a tough love things but seriously. Forum addiction is a real thing. Y’all need to chill 

Don't believe something, verify it by doing your own little research work. Come on, that's like intellectually sucking off some stranger on the internet. Do you "lurkers" really want that, like be a whore for just about any idea you come across to?

(But if something clicks to you that is true and isn't bullshit - that's probably a good thing.)

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

@sda Basing on the Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs... It could be. Enhances one's interaction and social skills.

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

@sda community certainly helps.  Also spirit can easily channel in a community like this (just don't point anything out,  or you'll be diagnosed as crazy) which can move you up in density.  

???????

It's up to you to focus on the bad answers if you want to but this forum can provide lots of value if used properly. It's easy to sift through answers and see which ones challenge you in a useful way. IME, If you ask quality questions you tend to get a bigger amount quality answers than what you can reply to.

@sda It would only be a must if Nahm didn't have his emails open to any question xD

There should be a points system so we know which forumers give out better content

Can't say I really care unless if it's advice being given to a person in a really bad mental place. That or health advice or psychedelic dosing advice, etc. Basically any situation that requires high ethics and a measured response so the person taking the advice isn't harmed. Can't say I really care about the "enlightenment wars" that pops up sometimes in the meditation sub forum. 

I usually don’t post that often. I’ve only been on here more since I’ve had time off due to a physical injury which keeps me on the couch. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

@Meditationdude do u feel bad whilst saying it?  I know it can hurt ppl and we're raised to be the good guys but overall you shouldn't be afraid of telling the truth. At least it's your own truth speaking from your own authentic self, so it should be cool? I don't know maybe I'm rambling, this is a whole another topic. 

@Meditationdude Its kinda standard behaviour for a forum. It always gonna be 90% low level comments and chit chat. And also don't forget that most people are only just starting out their spiritual development journey. There's more ignorance than consciousness. Thats not a judgement or criticism of anyone in particular, it just has to be that way. 

So the more time you spend on here, the better you get at filtering the noise and knowing who are the reliable and trustworthy users. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

5 hours ago, Meditationdude said:

This might sound slightly ranty but some of y’all spend way too much time on this forum! This may come off judgmental and brash but y’all need to get a life, for real. I’m sorry someone has to say it. I feel like this forum is getting very much like an echo chamber but with lots of delusional ego. An echo/ego chamber lol. So much bullshit and projections is hard to watch. 

We need to be careful on here because some people are lurking around looking for genuine help are getting horrible advice from these mega commenters. Listen, you don’t know everything, you don’t have to comment on every single thing you think you know. You don’t have to flex your consciousness on us. Just stop. It’s like a high consciousness version of trolling. Get outside and put your phones and computers away, fuck! Maybe this is why you’re so miserable is because you’re stuck on your electronics all day wasting your life. 

I do love you guys and this feels more like a tough love things but seriously. Forum addiction is a real thing. Y’all need to chill 

@Meditationdude Investigate why you get triggered by people mass commenting!

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

6 hours ago, Meditationdude said:

u should share a case study so we can examine it

sounds like a good thing to bring up if its dealt with empathy and constructively 

Edited by Inva

7 hours ago, Meditationdude said:

do love you guys and this feels more like a tough love things but seriously. Forum addiction is a real thing. Y’all need to chill 

Some people are going to comment once a month, some every five minutes. Who decides when it becomes too much or if this is actually a problem? Disguising your concern as being about addiction or saying that you're being loving, is disingenuous. If a problem really does it exist here, it's with being fixated on other people's behaviour instead of concentrating on your own development. Wanting to control how much people use the forum would be detrimental to it in the long term.

Edited by LastThursday

All stories and explanations are false.

Maybe one could make a lose rule like comment only if you did 60 minutes of meditation. Chances are that you might make better posts.

It would nice if there would be a way to prove that one has done his 60 minutes.

I did 40 minutes that is why this post is substandard.

Edited by Epikur

2 minutes ago, Epikur said:

Maybe one could make a lose rule like comment only if you did 60 minutes of meditation. Chances are that you might make better posts.

It would nice if there would be a way to prove that one has done his 60 minutes.

Good idea.  ....Although I'm sure my posts will still be substandard.

???????

9 minutes ago, Epikur said:

Chances are that you might make better posts.

See @Meditationdude is conflating two different things here: frequency of posting and standard of posting. They are two completely separate things. 

It's impossible to raise the standard of posting, because people on here are at different levels and stages of development. You need to give everyone room to express themselves at their level. Sometimes advice is going to suck, sometimes not, you pick the bits that resonate and ignore the rest. That's no different from real life.

All stories and explanations are false.

2 hours ago, Epikur said:

There would be nobody on this forum ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Many people need to actually voice what they know and clash/play with others a bit to learn. It's much easier to convince yourself that you fully know something because you've never tried to articulate it. When you do try, you learn that you mostly don't know what you thought you knew and that's the most important piece. Then, from there, everything is possible. 

If your main intent to know is out of love and curiosity, it's a fantastic opportunity for growth. If you're just wanting to bolster up what you think you know and aren't willing to see and feel into the weak spots and truly, openly interact with others, yeah, it's a waste of time, except eventually you'll get so frustrated you'll leave or see through it.

I think that enforcing a high standard of quality for this forum actually hurts the quality, because it makes people even more insecure and more willing to try to prove what they already know rather than say something off and get challenges for it.

Often people misunderstand that spiritual knowledge is something they they can really intellectually "get" just like they could pass a test in school, and they cover over doubts, hurt feelings and suffering, thinking if they can secure the knowledge, those will go away somehow. The aspects that make people uncomfortable in these conversations and drive so much unnecessary inauthentic, unsatisfying communication are actually the potential for growth and understanding. 

When people really want to know there is a POWERFUL potential for iron to sharpen iron. Sometimes solitude, meditation and nature is what people need and other times it makes them just grow dull. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

When making threads or posts one could put a star * for every 10 minutes of meditation you have done in the day. So people can adjust their expectation when reading the post.

As a bonus for every 3 squats and push ups combined you put a dollar sign $. The body needs some training as well, right?