Mu_

Stop trying kill your ego and get rid of yourself (video)

54 posts in this topic

Actual practises. I am sorry. 

Doesn't matter in the end Truth is One and the same. 

8 hours ago, Rigel said:

I really enjoy your video man.

But I would enjoy it even more with a better audio quality.?

No necesseraly an expensive mic but just slap on a compressor in garageband or another free alternative to even out and increase volume a little bit! 

Keep them comin' tho! 

I'll consider that.  I am just doing it on my phone at the moment since my home computer where I use to do them is not possible at the moment.

19 hours ago, tatsumaru said:

@Mu_ Personally I correlate your thinking style in this particular video with something I call lazy nihilism. It's like saying "Hey no one really knows what a liver is, it's just a concept, and it's not even exactly the same for every person and it doesn't exist by itself anyway and we don't even know how it functions for the most part so it's just an idea so let's not think about it.". I do agree that it doesn't make sense to chase some beliefs or ideas about what spirituality is because this just turns spirituality into a religion i.e. how can you seek Ego-death if you don't know what the Ego is, how can you seek Enlightenment if you don't know what enlightenment is. In a sense spirituality works the other way around you start from within and expand from there and maybe an Ego-death will happen (or not) but not because you sought it. So for example to seek God because you read about God in some book wouldn't make any sense, that's not directly interfacing with life, that's a belief-system that obscures direct experience. If someone on the spiritual path discovered God and told us about it that's still doesn't mean that the mission of spirituality is to discover God. Nothing that comes from an external authority can ever be direct even if it's true for that person and even if they are 100% honest. Since spirituality is about working with our own consciousness and not about believing stuff random concepts and "studying" are irrelevant in that context. However (and that's the key part) just because God isn't in your experience doesn't mean that there IS or ISN'T a God. So to say that there is no higher or lower self or that an Ego-death isn't a thing is a premature conclusion. Once you can say with 100% honesty that you've reached the highest potential of your consciousness and there's nowhere else to go, only then you can claim there's no Ego-death and even then there's still no point in claiming it because such claims are of no use to anyone. The most beneficial part of your video was teaching people not to chase after beliefs.

Ya good points and I agree for the most part.  I do stand by there being nothing out there with a name-tag called an ego, but does that mean something similar feeling to what is kinda pointed to as ego by some teachers isn't there as an "ego-like" experience.  sometimes it feels like there is a deceiver or an energetic resistance to living or doing or not doing.  A whisper or a sound or experience happening that just feels like it does everything to distract, resist, claim, and yell.  I agree this stuff seems to be happening in various degree's and intensities at random and what at times feel like predictable increments, but I'd be very careful to assume its a something, or a other, or a "thing" to focus on and examine in hopes to solve or unravel or force away as though it works like a structure in physical reality.  Not to say you shouldn't have some fun and try some things to work with or see what happens with what you call a ego, with talk therapys, investigating beliefs, investigating and understanding emotions around certain issues that trouble you and run away from or can't stand, and sometimes even talking to and loving or saying NOOO to this mysterious "ego-like" entity, since they seem to make a change at times in the short and perhaps long term with this supposed thing.....  Hahaha its really an interesting mystery we are......

I guess so long as you feel like ego is something there and significant, such workings with it at that level may have use, but once its seen to be nothing more then The Mystery itself, such activities will naturally not be of interest.... 

Its really only the supposed human species who call something ego, and have belief systems around what it means and what it means about a  supposed person if there is ego or no more ego there.... like there is in spiritual traditions.  Having an ego means you are not enlightened within some beliefs systems, and in others its still okay to there being one and enlightened.  Again all these are supposed ideas of a supposed human species.  You've must of noticed that "ego" is one thing to one tradition or person, and not to another tradition or a person you've talked to....  one person who talks a lot about themselves is supposedly coming from their "ego" in one persons eye's, and in another they wouldn't call that ego, perhaps just social.  Or this person doesn't give to charity or very little, he must be selfish or not generous and there for coming from his "ego", but then in another tradition it wouldn't even be thought of like that.....

On 5/10/2021 at 3:57 AM, Mu_ said:

Ya the little of Matt kahn I know, I see him highlighting the positive as the central message.  It may of subconsciously influenced me and my style so to say at one point, along with a few others. 

The energy behind the words is most important, I remember I spent the at least a year, almost two before I had a very large awakening that I listened to hours of teachers but didn't pay attention to the words.  Every once and a while a saying would sink in or create a ahah, but it was the energy that left the biggest impression.

My thoughts on the whole ego thing is that while it may have its merits, along with the illusion message, it has its confusions in the mind as well.  All messages though may have this inherent possibility of confusion in them.

To me it seems like the whole emotional aspect of the 'spiritual journey' goes completely unspoken of. I mean yeah; most of the gurus out there give you the basic info and maybe even a few methods on how to deal with or detach from emotions, but none of them go nowhere near as deep as Matt goes. He truly does an outstanding job portraying the whole picture. While also maintaining respect towards the one going through the journey. Honoring their experience. Many underestimate the power of emotional intelligence. Because it's so damn subtle. It flies over most people heads - imo. But it is an incredibly important aspect of being. 

Prior to, during and 'post' awakening.

One could be using the most perfect, shiny words that resemble or point towards enlightenment. But if the emotional space from which they're speaking does not match those words - I call that bullshit. Delusion. Wannabe enlightenment.

3 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

To me it seems like the whole emotional aspect of the 'spiritual journey' goes completely unspoken of. I mean yeah; most of the gurus out there give you the basic info and maybe even a few methods on how to deal with or detach from emotions, but none of them go nowhere near as deep as Matt goes. He truly does an outstanding job portraying the whole picture. While also maintaining respect towards the one going through the journey. Honoring their experience. Many underestimate the power of emotional intelligence. Because it's so damn subtle. It flies over most people heads - imo. But it is an incredibly important aspect of being. 

Prior to, during and 'post' awakening.

One could be using the most perfect, shiny words that resemble or point towards enlightenment. But if the emotional space from which they're speaking does not match those words - I call that bullshit. Delusion. Wannabe enlightenment.

Typical InfJ comment xD

"Emotions OR ELSE !!!"

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

yes, I like it!

that's basically what I'm doing right now

so I do see something that looks like it's "inside me" or in my body/mind or just in my awareness

and it talks lol and it wants things, mostly wants everything to be different/better, doesn't like this, is anxious about that, etc

so is that not ego? 

based on something else you said, that ego or whatever just goes on, doesn't die but it's just not as big a deal as I'm thinking it is right now when I believe what is says about wanting this or that...?

Seeker: So what’s it like in liberation and having no ego?

No one: Liberation? Ego? What are those?

5 hours ago, isabel said:

yes, I like it!

that's basically what I'm doing right now

so I do see something that looks like it's "inside me" or in my body/mind or just in my awareness

and it talks lol and it wants things, mostly wants everything to be different/better, doesn't like this, is anxious about that, etc

so is that not ego? 

based on something else you said, that ego or whatever just goes on, doesn't die but it's just not as big a deal as I'm thinking it is right now when I believe what is says about wanting this or that...?

Is it?  Ego?  You tell me.  Would it matter if it was an ego or a smurf or a dodo....  It just seems like something and feels like something, no?.  Does it need to be made into anything more.  If you don't, what will happen?  If so, who told you?  Show me the sign post with its name on it and what it means and what is supposed to be done about it....

@The0Self

On 5/11/2021 at 6:55 PM, Mu_ said:

Is it?  Ego?  You tell me.  Would it matter if it was an ego or a smurf or a dodo....  It just seems like something and feels like something, no?.  Does it need to be made into anything more.  If you don't, what will happen?  If so, who told you?  Show me the sign post with its name on it and what it means and what is supposed to be done about it....

@The0Self

so it means that it's something but it's not something that needs to be named, it's movement maybe and there are words but they don't have to mean anything, could be sound, like water flowing without meaning - I hope that's right or close to it because I really like that a lot - even if it's not right, there is something there that I love

thank you @Mu_

On 5/11/2021 at 1:29 PM, The0Self said:

Seeker: So what’s it like in liberation and having no ego?

No one: Liberation? Ego? What are those?

?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

On 5/8/2021 at 7:10 AM, Natasha said:

We don't want to get rid of the ego, it has got us this far. We want to use it as a tool for survival and for growing towatds higher consciensness. Thank you for another great video and insights : )

The body-mind will turn its head when it's name is called prefer coffee over tea and jump out of the way of a moving train prior to thinking about it.

Ego is an illusory identity that takes ownership of everything.... it literally thinks it's running the show.

The part that thinks it's running the show is the illusion

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@Mu_ ego = identification period.

If there's identification as this or that there will be suffering it's inevitable.

Why: because identification = meaning purpose and value.

Yes, ego is neither good or bad, because the only thing that would label or declare anything as good or bad is the ego.

Ego identification places in an illusory overlay over top of reality (sometimes referred to as a filter) and operates from that self-centered perspective.

The funniest part about the whole thing is, it's not real (Cosmic joke) although it makes an incredible damn good compelling argument opposed to that recognition.

54 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

?

Hopeless, helpless, meaningless,

There is no one reading this.

:D

13 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Hopeless, helpless, meaningless,

There is no one reading this.

:D

Yep,

And It's everything. Anger hate jealousy love fear happiness regret frustration satisfaction pain pleasure good bad beautiful ugly anxiousness calmness..... its everything and nothing/real and unreal. Whole complete anarchy, bondage, and freedom for nobody.

It excludes and includes everything and nothing.

It's referred to as zero sometimes.

Its THIS

7 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

The body-mind will turn its head when it's name is called prefer coffee over tea and jump out of the way of a moving train prior to thinking about it.

Ego is an illusory identity that takes ownership of everything.... it literally thinks it's running the show.

The part that thinks it's running the show is the illusion

Yes, seeing through the illusion and not identifying with it :)

On 5/11/2021 at 3:18 PM, ivankiss said:

To me it seems like the whole emotional aspect of the 'spiritual journey' goes completely unspoken of.

tenor.gif?itemid=16238848

xD

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@ivankiss To me it seems like the whole emotional aspect of the 'spiritual journey' goes completely unspoken of.

There is no emotions.
Emotions are a fictions !

You don't need to take them into account !!!
ALL A FICTION MY MAN !!!!!

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Nahm

Are you saying it isn't true? ?

Let's just take this sub for example. Nearly everyone knows how to parrot the common 'There is no me and no you, it's all an illusion, I'm God and I'm imagining you all' business.

But how many of those individuals know how to love and heal their own hearts? How many of them know how to hold space for someone in pain? How many know how enlightenment feels, moves, walks, listens and talks? Very few - I'd say.

3 minutes ago, Shin said:

There is no emotions.
Emotions are a fictions !

You don't need to take them into account !!!
ALL A FICTION MY MAN !!!!!

I'll ask you when your wife and children die in front of your eyes ?

Just because it's ultimately all a fiction; doesn't mean we should all be emotionally dumb(or numb) and call ourselves enlightened. 

Most 'enlightened' folks here are terrified to death of feeling. But they sure memorize all the hot phrases as fast as they can.

I see what I see ?‍♂️