Mu_

Stop trying kill your ego and get rid of yourself (video)

54 posts in this topic

I'm really curious how this video was for some people.  I know a lot of you out there are probably putting themselves through unneeded stress and fear thinking they have to die or are trying to box/contain/kill something in their experience they've labeled as Ego.

Listened to this (and more) on my way home from work yesterday. It was great. 

Really like your vibe. Thank you for your guidance.

Edited by ivankiss

On 5/7/2021 at 3:53 AM, ivankiss said:

Listened to this (and more) on my way home from work yesterday. It was great. 

Really like your vibe. Thank you for your guidance.

Your welcome, out of curiosity anything in particular stood out for you?  I have a feeling this is something a lot of serious seekers go through in themselves at some point looking for Truth.

@Mu_ Well, the message itself stands out, imo. I don't see too often teachers/gurus telling people not to hunt for their ego. (Directly or indirectly) ...Then again; I did not listen to all that many ?

Your approach is much more relaxed and peaceful. Which is where all of this is leading us towards. So to me it only makes sense to follow the Light. I call that 'the light-tower' approach. Matt Kahn teaches that way, too - for example.

In the future; I'd like to a see a new path that completely leaves the whole ego part out. I feel like things could be simplified - big time. Awakening is a natural occurrence. One can feel their way through it. More often than not, overly complex instructions/guidelines confuse and/or even misguide seekers. There's too much noise/distortion.

Imo, spiritual teachers/gurus should be much more focused on what they're transmitting energetically (vibrationally) speaking. What kind of a 'space' and 'atmosphere' they're creating while transmitting. And I see you do emphasize that in your videos. I feel your presence more than I'm focused on what words you're using - if you know what I mean. To me it's much easier to - for lack of a better word - replicate your frequency and embody it that way.

Then again; that's just me and my preferences.

Edited by ivankiss

Thank you Mu ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

We don't want to get rid of the ego, it has got us this far. We want to use it as a tool for survival and for growing towatds higher consciensness. Thank you for another great video and insights : )

Reminded me of this timestamped video & then at 50:47.

It made many things clear about the person that wants to use Mu for its survival & dealing with its conditioning (57:00 - 1:02:35). Its somewhat related but it connects some points which were not seen before.

My favorite quotes from your video @Mu_,

"[...] because most likely the idea you have is not true."

"There wasn't much to say about nothing."

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

On 5/8/2021 at 9:31 AM, ivankiss said:

@Mu_ Well, the message itself stands out, imo. I don't see too often teachers/gurus telling people not to hunt for their ego. (Directly or indirectly) ...Then again; I did not listen to all that many ?

Your approach is much more relaxed and peaceful. Which is where all of this is leading us towards. So to me it only makes sense to follow the Light. I call that 'the light-tower' approach. Matt Kahn teaches that way, too - for example.

In the future; I'd like to a see a new path that completely leaves the whole ego part out. I feel like things could be simplified - big time. Awakening is a natural occurrence. One can feel their way through it. More often than not, overly complex instructions/guidelines confuse and/or even misguide seekers. There's too much noise/distortion.

Imo, spiritual teachers/gurus should be much more focused on what they're transmitting energetically (vibrationally) speaking. What kind of a 'space' and 'atmosphere' they're creating while transmitting. And I see you do emphasize that in your videos. I feel your presence more than I'm focused on what words you're using - if you know what I mean. To me it's much easier to - for lack of a better word - replicate your frequency and embody it that way.

Then again; that's just me and my preferences.

Ya the little of Matt kahn I know, I see him highlighting the positive as the central message.  It may of subconsciously influenced me and my style so to say at one point, along with a few others. 

The energy behind the words is most important, I remember I spent the at least a year, almost two before I had a very large awakening that I listened to hours of teachers but didn't pay attention to the words.  Every once and a while a saying would sink in or create a ahah, but it was the energy that left the biggest impression.

My thoughts on the whole ego thing is that while it may have its merits, along with the illusion message, it has its confusions in the mind as well.  All messages though may have this inherent possibility of confusion in them.

On 5/8/2021 at 5:06 PM, Loving Radiance said:

Reminded me of this timestamped video & then at 50:47.

It made many things clear about the person that wants to use Mu for its survival & dealing with its conditioning (57:00 - 1:02:35). Its somewhat related but it connects some points which were not seen before.

My favorite quotes from your video @Mu_,

"[...] because most likely the idea you have is not true."

"There wasn't much to say about nothing."

Thanks for share, I love Lisa, she had a big influence on me at one point.

On 6/5/2021 at 2:04 PM, Mu_ said:

I'm really curious how this video was for some people.  I know a lot of you out there are probably putting themselves through unneeded stress and fear thinking they have to die or are trying to box/contain/kill something in their experience they've labeled as Ego.

Yeeep man. Thank you for the talk. It is like an intent to forcing an imaginary change, and it can create a lot of stress.

I am putting a lot of focus in changing my diet so I can relax more easily. But the way I am doing it is so stressful sometimes.

I feel like the world (my surronding environment) acts in a very stressful manner which inevitably gets in my way of acting and feeling. You see, I am blaming the world here, and I don't know if its totally true or what. But most spiritual people tell me that it is the mind and thoughts creating all that suffering. And so I start blaming myself. Lol.

I mean I don't live in a warzone. But the people's drama is so limitating and stresful

@Mu_ Personally I correlate your thinking style in this particular video with something I call lazy nihilism. It's like saying "Hey no one really knows what a liver is, it's just a concept, and it's not even exactly the same for every person and it doesn't exist by itself anyway and we don't even know how it functions for the most part so it's just an idea so let's not think about it.". I do agree that it doesn't make sense to chase some beliefs or ideas about what spirituality is because this just turns spirituality into a religion i.e. how can you seek Ego-death if you don't know what the Ego is, how can you seek Enlightenment if you don't know what enlightenment is. In a sense spirituality works the other way around you start from within and expand from there and maybe an Ego-death will happen (or not) but not because you sought it. So for example to seek God because you read about God in some book wouldn't make any sense, that's not directly interfacing with life, that's a belief-system that obscures direct experience. If someone on the spiritual path discovered God and told us about it that's still doesn't mean that the mission of spirituality is to discover God. Nothing that comes from an external authority can ever be direct even if it's true for that person and even if they are 100% honest. Since spirituality is about working with our own consciousness and not about believing stuff random concepts and "studying" are irrelevant in that context. However (and that's the key part) just because God isn't in your experience doesn't mean that there IS or ISN'T a God. So to say that there is no higher or lower self or that an Ego-death isn't a thing is a premature conclusion. Once you can say with 100% honesty that you've reached the highest potential of your consciousness and there's nowhere else to go, only then you can claim there's no Ego-death and even then there's still no point in claiming it because such claims are of no use to anyone. The most beneficial part of your video was teaching people not to chase after beliefs.

Edited by tatsumaru

I liked your video. I used to try to get rid of or to see the nonexistence of a "self" which actually never showed up or existed in the first place. Looking for something which doesn't exist can be entertaining, though! 

Edited by This

6 hours ago, Human Mint said:

Yeeep man. Thank you for the talk. It is like an intent to forcing an imaginary change, and it can create a lot of stress.

I am putting a lot of focus in changing my diet so I can relax more easily. But the way I am doing it is so stressful sometimes.

I feel like the world (my surronding environment) acts in a very stressful manner which inevitably gets in my way of acting and feeling. You see, I am blaming the world here, and I don't know if its totally true or what. But most spiritual people tell me that it is the mind and thoughts creating all that suffering. And so I start blaming myself. Lol.

I mean I don't live in a warzone. But the people's drama is so limitating and stresful

Thanks for sharing man.  Ya I totally understand and can relate.  If I were in your shoes I'd really look at your beliefs around the notions that you are responsible for your thoughts and mind.  I'd also look into the idea that certain thoughts and states of mind are any more good or evil then another.  Perhaps thoughts are just thoughts no matter how grotesque or sexual or flowery and sunny.  They are just thoughts and don't mean good or bad about you or anyone, just energy perhaps.

I'd also look into the notion that you are responsible for the thoughts that occur.  Do you control what thoughts you have any more then you control your hair growing, or the feeling of sun striking your skin?  And if not, then why would you hold yourself to blame.

Here's a little video from Alan Watts on the subject....

I really enjoy your video man.

But I would enjoy it even more with a better audio quality.?

No necesseraly an expensive mic but just slap on a compressor in garageband or another free alternative to even out and increase volume a little bit! 

Keep them comin' tho! 

Sailing on the ceiling 

I am divine so amazing and I love myself to infinity and beyond.

I am Love itself. Nothing wrong or  deficient or there is something to get rid off. 

Edited by Zeroguy

How literally amazing I am. Still in shock. All this theory and talk really can't explain it and really counts for nothing. 

How big of a shock it still is. I still deeply underestimate what I am. 

Infinite Love. Jesus Christ imagine that. 

Actual Love. There is nothing better and can't be. 

25 minutes ago, Zeroguy said:

All this theory and talk really can't explain it and really counts for nothing. 

Careful. You may see no more value in the map; now that you're home... But let's not forget it got you where you are.

It's deeply significant and useful. And it can always be upgraded and improved.