Beginner Mind

Be the Knowing, and be done with seeking!

7 posts in this topic

Just be the Knowing, knowingly.  This is what you are, so it's quite easy to do.  You could think of it initially as "flexing" your Knowing 'muscle'.  In other words, really KNOW, just practice really KNOWING in this moment.  Not knowing something in particular, but rather, just be pure knowing itself.  It will soon become apparent that this Knowing/Awareness is what you really are.   In time, you will be able to relax the focus of your attention and not exert any effort to be what you already are.  You will be able to rest in your true nature effortlessly.  But to begin with, "flexing" the Knowing can be helpful to familiarize yourself with Knowing/Awareness.

I have nothing against psychedelics.  I'm sure they evoke genuine spiritual experiences.  But they are not needed.  Simply be Yourself.  Rest in Yourself.  That is, be the Knowing, knowingly.

And with this, the restless seeking comes to an end.  What remains is peace...

11 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

@Beginner Mind It's so simple that it might seem boring to the spirtual seeker. :)

Yes!  I get the impression that many people here are seeking extraordinary experiences, seeking to understand how the universe was made, or seeking to magically manifest the perfect life circumstances, etc.

This is not what true spirituality is about (in my opinion).  It's about realizing who you really are.  Simple.

2 minutes ago, Kalo said:

@Beginner Mind Even the "Knowing" itself must eventuelly ask itself "What am I?"

Does Knowing know it's God?

I'm still getting familiar with the Knowing. :)

24 minutes ago, Beginner Mind said:

Yes!  I get the impression that many people here are seeking extraordinary experiences, seeking to understand how the universe was made, or seeking to magically manifest the perfect life circumstances, etc.

This is not what true spirituality is about (in my opinion).  It's about realizing who you really are.  Simple.

Yes. Seeking something other than truth/knowing. Which is perfectly fine. :)

10 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

Yes. Seeking something other than truth/knowing. Which is perfectly fine. :)

Absolutely.  Nothing wrong with anything. :)