Preety_India

Why do spiritualists have a disdain for psychological theory and concepts?

57 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@dflores321 @Nahm I need to know your zodiac sign. Care to tell?

You're too moochy moochy and loving. (moochy is a slang for lovey dovey)

Mine is pisces

9_9 Oh boy, we’re going meta now. Aquarius... but I don’t think you’re going to be able to top spiritual neurosis, no appreciation for the field of psychology, rhetoric, spiritual ego, spiritual platitudes, bypassing & spewing. Might be wrong though, surely there’s more defamation to create & share. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

7 minutes ago, Nahm said:

9_9 Oh boy, we’re going meta now. Aquarius... but I don’t think you’re going to be able to top spiritual neurosis, no appreciation for the field of psychology, rhetoric, spiritual ego, spiritual platitudes, bypassing & spewing. Might be wrong though, surely there’s more defamation to create & share. 

Yay. All hail the Aquarius 

I'm no match to your gregarious energy to top it off. 

58oa97.gif

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

38 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@dflores321 @Nahm I need to know your zodiac sign. Care to tell?

You're too moochy moochy and loving. (moochy is a slang for lovey dovey)

Mine is pisces

Now everything has become clear for me! You are the fishes! Of course! I knew a few of them, beleive me! The fishes get soooooo easily offended. So quickly, so unexpectedly and so long-termed. 

You fishes are very sensitive. ?

@Hulia haha. Yea fish is extremely sensitive. 

One ripple and they swim away like scared chickens. 

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

Somehow I think this conversation just went way over my head........ :D

6 hours ago, Preety_India said:

@Hulia haha. Yea fish is extremely sensitive. 

One ripple and they swim away like scared chickens. 

Tell me about cancer. I have no idea.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Tell me about cancer. I have no idea.

Are you a cancer?

2 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Are you a cancer?

Yes :)

Just now, Carl-Richard said:

Yes :)

Aha, 

Cancer is  easily manipulated without knowing. Cancer have great compatibility with a Pieces romantically and otherwise.. You're very sensitive and caring, very protective of those who you care about. You're deeply loyal like a Pisces. You love having great friends and loyal companions, they give you feelings of security and strength. You're a great team worker, you want harmony. You have a savior quality. If you see someone suffering, you feel like saving them. You have noble ideas about the world but they are very difficult to achieve because of resource related obstacles. 

You can be the best friend in the entire zodiac because of your loyal nature. You can get a bit moody sometimes, like ill moods. In your dark moods, you could easily feel suspicious about anyone around you. Your reputation is very important to you and you're very guarded about it. You want to hang out only with the best crowd. You are very sensitive and you like other sensitive people. You're attracted to gentle demure and sweet people. You dont like competition, you find it excessive and pointless. You like to be chill and light hearted around people. If something offends you, you don't confront it in the moment. You shy away from an open confrontation. You're deeply intuitive and you don't want to be too open about everything. 

You like to keep things subtle. 

33 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Cancer is easily manipulated without knowing.

Haha :D Seems accurate though.

37 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Aha, 

Cancer is  easily manipulated without knowing. Cancer have great compatibility with a Pieces romantically and otherwise.. You're very sensitive and caring, very protective of those who you care about. You're deeply loyal like a Pisces. You love having great friends and loyal companions, they give you feelings of security and strength. You're a great team worker, you want harmony. You have a savior quality. If you see someone suffering, you feel like saving them. You have noble ideas about the world but they are very difficult to achieve because of resource related obstacles. 

You can be the best friend in the entire zodiac because of your loyal nature. You can get a bit moody sometimes, like ill moods. In your dark moods, you could easily feel suspicious about anyone around you. Your reputation is very important to you and you're very guarded about it. You want to hang out only with the best crowd. You are very sensitive and you like other sensitive people. You're attracted to gentle demure and sweet people. You dont like competition, you find it excessive and pointless. You like to be chill and light hearted around people. If something offends you, you don't confront it in the moment. You shy away from an open confrontation. You're deeply intuitive and you don't want to be too open about everything. 

You like to keep things subtle. 

I'm a cancer.

I am one of the most anti-manipulation people in the universe.  Fiercely independent.  I don't rely on friends to give me a sense of worth at all.  I don't work particularly well in teams, and harmony is almost never my goal.  I'm rarely suspicious about people.  I don't care much at all about my reputation or what people think of me.  I can be very competitive (I was a fighter pilot).  I am almost never offended and if I am, I deal with it extremely directly.  I absolutely never shy away from an open confrontation.  I am more logical than intuitive, yet I am very open.  I am bold and forceful, and rarely would be described by the word subtle.

The calendar does not define you or who you become.  Sorry astrology.

3 minutes ago, Flyboy said:

I'm a cancer.

I am one of the most anti-manipulation people in the universe.  Fiercely independent.  I don't rely on friends to give me a sense of worth at all.  I don't work particularly well in teams, and harmony is almost never my goal.  I'm rarely suspicious about people.  I don't care much at all about my reputation or what people think of me.  I can be very competitive (I was a fighter pilot).  I am almost never offended and if I am, I deal with it extremely directly.  I absolutely never shy away from an open confrontation.  I am more logical than intuitive, yet I am very open.  I am bold and forceful, and rarely would be described by the word subtle.

The calendar does not define you or who you become.  Sorry astrology.

Zodiac study is just a general idea. There will always be exceptions. These studies are created from general observations. Nobody has said that this is a perfect study. It applies to some and doesn't apply to others. 

For example I have a few cancer friends and they always laugh about whenever I mention the zodiac traits. Because they find it relatable. 

Personally a lot of my own traits match with my zodiac description. But then again I have met Pieces whose traits don't match. These studies are  however based on overall surveys so it would apply to most people, yet not to some. 

For example in the video above, you can see in the comment section, how many cancer people agree with a lot of the general traits. 

Astrology, like most pseudo-sciences, attracts people by making them feel unique. The reality is that you can read the description of every Zodiac sign, and resonate with something, regardless of the sign. It is classic self-confirmatory bias. Most psychics know and apply this in spades.

Why would the time of your birth have anything to do with your personality? Better, why would your birth, regardless of timing, even matter, from the perspective of ultimate reality? Time is an illusion, just like everything else in relative reality.

Guess what my Zodiac sign is? xD

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Moksha astrology is a very firm science. Nothing pseudo about it.

My father's astrologist had predicted his stroke and it happened just the way the astrologist had said.

I was told an important event would take place on 25 December 2008. An important event in my life happened that day. This was reverse prophecy, that is it was said after the event, however nobody had knowledge of the event except me. So self fulfilling cannot be the case.

Come to India and learn astrology. It's a beautiful mysterious science.

@Preety_India Psychics and astrologists operate on the same principle; throw out a lot of predictions, and inevitably something will stick. I have stood in Delphi, at the place of the Oracle, and it is the same as every other human endeavor, to understand and proclaim that which is beyond the human mind to comprehend.

I love India; in many ways it is the cradle of human spirituality, and I am thankful for its wisdom. Astrology, though, is not a science. And even if it were, what is science? Beyond all concepts, there is only Self-realization. I am a trained scientist, but at this point in my life, I trust nothing, beyond direct wisdom. Every thought, theorem, and proclamation is nothing but a lie.

By the way, I am an Aquarius. Please don't judge me xD

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Moksha yes I agree that science can be very reductive. But I do believe there is a bright future for science and as such I won't give up on it. 

I also don't want to take logic and rationality for granted as they are essential for proper functioning and survival. 

My idea of living is that I tend to integrate every little thing with an open generous non judgmental attitude and test it empirically to see how useful it can be and optimizing it for survival So I get the best of all worlds and regret nothing. 

@Preety_India Science is pragmatic, and even beautiful, in the realm of relative reality. It is not only useful, but it is reliable, within the conscripted scope of self-survival.

There is danger in mistaking science as a telescope to understanding ultimate reality. It is treacherous, in that sense, because it is entirely conceptual, and is inevitably blind to wisdom.

Concepts are critical for pioneering through our human experience, but ultimately, they are only concepts. There is an infinitely deeper reality, which surpasses all concepts. Do you see? ?