Preety_India

Why are people attracted to jerks?

112 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Zeroguy said:

What you really need is  someone to "grab your ear" and "one big giant kick in your ass". 

Yes, but do you walk the walk?

Or only talk the talk?

2 minutes ago, Hulia said:

A polite person can be a shameless dick as well as a rude one. Zeroguy is not a shameless dick. He wishes good for Preety, this is what counts. 

You have done all the beautiful work on this forum, you feel so peacefull and spiritual and then you switch off your PC, go out , and some passer-by gives you insulting look or whatever and all your spirituality and beautifull work and peace is gone. Don´t you how superficial this "work" is?

If he wished well he wouldn't boycott her, ignore her in his journals and talk of slapping her.

Edited by Proserpina

???????

@Hulia I love you, lets cuddle. 

1 minute ago, CultivateLove said:

Yes, but do you walk the walk?

Or only talk the talk?

I completed it all. Literally. 

Topic is jerks. But truth is you need them. 

See how you react including Leo. That's ego.

3 minutes ago, Proserpina said:

If he wished well he wouldn't boycott her, ignore her in his journals and threaten to slap her.

Ignoring her toxic waste ain't noone's punching bag or will allow disrespect when I do indeed wish her best. To all of you too. 

3 minutes ago, Proserpina said:

If he wished well he wouldn't boycott her, ignore her in his journals and talk of slapping her.

He wrote slapp with "". Nothing insulting about it. "Slapp" with "" means to wake, bring to awareness

3 minutes ago, Zeroguy said:

I love you, lets cuddle. 

Nothing special about me. It´s just this forum, they get insulted over every single word. What is wrong with these guys??? I don´t get it. 

8 minutes ago, Hulia said:

Nothing special about me. It´s just this forum, they get insulted over every single word. What is wrong with these guys??? I don´t get it. 

Spoiled or cowards. That's it,that simple. 

No theory or much philosophy behind it. 

Edited by Zeroguy

2 hours ago, Preety_India said:

You got the question all wrong. 

What I meant is people with a massive ego, being very condescending and selfish. Rude. Not showing humility. Showing a lot of attitude. And how they enjoy more respect than those who are pleasant kind and humble. 

You are attracted to people with a massive ego because you have tried hard to repress your own ego.

Your deepest desire is to be authentic, and the Ego people are authentically selfish. You are attracted to their authenticity, not the Ego. 

You have disowned your ego, and have created a shadow out of it. Instead of disowning, you have to integrate, then transcend.

Nice guys(opposite of Jerks :) ) are not attractive because they have also disowned their Ego, and they use their "niceness" in an attempt to fulfill their desires. Since niceness is just a coping mechanism, it is unauthentic and thus unattractive. 

If you find an authentic nice guy, it is probably the Buddha, so you must kill him. :D 

This isn't Facebook guys, stay on topic.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Hulia Since it bruises their ego even spiritual one so hard they don't want to hear that. 

That's why they react. It unsettles foam bubble they made for themselves to feel comfortable in. Including spiritual folks. 

Edited by Zeroguy

@Shin he wakes up in the morning, talks shit, walks in it, puts his footprints all over here. 

doesn't stop all the way to bed

@Nahm i believe this is ur clown you're meant to be taking care of? he keeps callin out to u like his ur dad or somethin is all

7 minutes ago, JosephKnecht said:

You are attracted to people with a massive ego because you have tried hard to repress your own ego.

Your deepest desire is to be authentic, and the Ego people are authentically selfish. You are attracted to their authenticity, not the Ego. 

You have disowned your ego, and have created a shadow out of it. Instead of disowning, you have to integrate, then transcend.

Nice guys(opposite of Jerks :) ) are not attractive because they have also disowned their Ego, and they use their "niceness" in an attempt to fulfill their desires. Since niceness is just a coping mechanism, it is unauthentic and thus unattractive. 

If you find an authentic nice guy, it is probably the Buddha, so you must kill him. :D 

1 minute ago, Zeroguy said:

@Hulia Since it bruises their ego even spiritual one so hard they don't want to hear that. 

It´s all about ego, right? All. "To do the work" means to get the ego out of shadow, integrate and transcend it. And not tell each other´s egos pleasant things. 

@Inva I am just you man. Not some other. 

Easy for me to play knowing all workings of the mind including very well masked ones. 

4 minutes ago, Inva said:

@Zeroguy I wish you actually knew you what u were talkin bout. Like, can you explain just one, like 1 single working of the mind in detail?

It's alright. we know you're just special. im not going to make u. much love :D 

Can you now finally see why jerks are attractive? 

Thank you, really rest my case. 

Edited by Zeroguy

10 hours ago, Preety_India said:

I'm not talking about romantic attraction

Just in a general sense in terms of self actualization. 

Ive often made this observation that when you are rude and strict and a bit dickish with people (read Narcissist ) they tend to respect you and value you much more. 

Whereas if you were being humble, nice and pleasant, they give you zero value and treat you like shit. 

It's almost as if you want to earn the respect of maximum people, you have to be this egotistical egomaniac narcissist and only then you're taken seriously. 

Why can't people see that such behaviors are deeply rooted in ego and ego stroking and there is no humility there?

Why does humility sell so cheap?

You’re ignoring your intuition. Stop stifling yourself so much when you’re feeling the true nature. Listen to it, so to speak. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

23 minutes ago, Shin said:

This isn't Facebook guys, stay on topic.

Apologies. 

@Zeroguy love u. 

???????

18 minutes ago, Inva said:

@Shin he wakes up in the morning, talks shit, walks in it, puts his footprints all over here. 

doesn't stop all the way to bed

@Nahm i believe this is ur clown you're meant to be taking care of? he keeps callin out to u like his ur dad or somethin is all

The last 2 pages is just several guys talking shit about each other, again, there is Facebook or Tweeter if that's their thing.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them