integral

5 Day Fasting Tips?

6 posts in this topic

I want to do a fast for 3-5 days. Any tips would be great, is there anything i should keep in mind? Potential issues? The plan is to drink slightly salted water for electrolytes, very simple. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@integral

If you’re going to do water, definitely make sure you’re properly supplementing electrolytes. Regular salt is often not enough. I’d check out Snake Juice by Cole Robinson and take that.

I’ve found that water can be even harder than dry for a short period of time. I don’t know why that is, except for maybe that the body holds onto everything during a dry fast. My 3 day dry was far easier than 3 day water. So take that for what it’s worth.

It’s probably going to suck regardless. Expect lots of cravings. You might even feel like you’re dying. Expect hot / cold flashes and maybe a racing heart beat.

Assume you will have NO productivity during the fast and will simply have to lay in bed all day. Even if that’s not the case, it’s still a safe assumption to make. Treat it like you’re sick. The last thing you want is to be running around feeling like shit.

Meditation and breathwork can help tremendously in the mornings, when your energy is probably going to be the lowest.

Finally, if you really start having problems, don’t be a fool and call it off. This is not something to be a hero with. You can always do another fast at a later time.

30 minutes ago, aurum said:

@integral maybe a racing heart beat.

If you feel that your electrolytes are not balanced. 

Ill try dry and water to experience the difference. 

18 hours ago, aurum said:

Expect hot / cold flashes and maybe a racing heart beat

Is there no way to avoid this? 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Do dry fast on the last day for extra autophagy.

On 05/05/2021 at 11:04 PM, integral said:

electrolytes

It takes much longer than 3-5 days to run out of electrolytes, your body conserves them in kidneys, adrenals, nervous system and digestive tract because historically we would have evolved in an environment with a limited amount of sodium. Potassium is abundant and so is magnesium and once you stop moving around and will mostly rest, you won't burn through your storage. You'd have to be starving yourself for a month for it to start affecting your heart, the body is very efficient and resourceful at obtaining electrolytes if they are not coming from diet, it'll find them from somewhere else. It is a nice safety precaution to be sure thou. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus