ivankiss

EQ > IQ

43 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, Dodo said:

I have a friend like that, you were giving an exact description :D He always manages to tell me why I did something or didnt do it! I call him friend though he is actually a little bit back-stabby and double faced sometimes.

On the comment below this you continue to nail the definition of that friend I have. O m g, I need to read this to him, cause he gets on my nerves often. But I look at it as a spiritual practice of my patience and reducing my ego...

Don't bother, you're better off without this person. I know it is hard to lose a friend you've known for many years, but you're better off not having a vampire around draining your energy. 

14 hours ago, ivankiss said:

Not quite sure about that one. There's plenty of extremely successful people who have the emotional maturity of a 12yr old or less.

I was referring to success in the sense of life satisfaction, not the Donald Trump type.

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

3 hours ago, ivankiss said:

@Dodo @traveler Curious... What is your definition of a good friend?

I find it hard to define. It all comes down to connection and like mindedness I guess.

@traveler Thanks. 

Asking because I never truly had one. There is a name in my mind... And that is but an old attachment.

1 minute ago, ivankiss said:

@traveler Thanks. 

Asking because I never truly had one. There is a name in my mind... And that is but an old attachment.

Yea finding a real friend is rare. I don't have one either right now, I have friends but they're casual buddies I chill with every once in a while. I guess for most people their best bet at getting a real friend is their significant other, and yet that is usually also a temporary thing. You do hear stories of old couples that were best friends their whole life. Reminds me of the movie UP.

@seeking_brilliance ?

@traveler I lived that dream for a while. She was my Sun, my air. My lover, my friend, my partner in crime. And she was also my assassin.

Truth is; in my darkest hour I was completely alone. And I feel like many can relate to that. I dreamt so long of a connection made in heaven. The more I wanted it; the further away it was. 

This is my only true friend right here:

And it's forever.

Nothing is greater than anything.  (Nothing >anything) which ironically  points to equality or equivalence. 

Lol sorry trying to find distraction from hell week? just rambling really

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@seeking_brilliance Yeah... It's the transition from something to nothing that can be bumpy ? Hope you're doing well.

@RendHeaven Yup. But I don't identify with it too much. It's interesting.

Yeah, I'm not gonna go there. I played the 'my pain is bigger than your pain' game before. It only leads to more pain.

We all feel how we feel. Regardless the differences in our stories. I'm sure there are bigger atrocities and deeper pain that people went through. But in a sense; that's none of my business. I've got enough work already.

1 minute ago, Kalo said:

I wouldn't like to live a life with zero pain and suffering. 

I see value in it, too. Not quite sure tho, if I'm perpetuating it in that way. By being overly attached to it. Too familiar and too comfortable with it.

3 minutes ago, Kalo said:

that's a whole other topic of itself.

True dat.

6 hours ago, ivankiss said:

@RendHeaven Yup. But I don't identify with it too much. It's interesting.

Same :)

It's Love.

@ivankiss Just felt like sharing it: I've more often been reading your replies in a thread, and as far as I've seen, they are pretty much always intelligent, thoughtful and friendly replies to another. I really dig that.

@RendHeaven Reading your link now... Great stuff. Definitely can relate. Hope you're doing good.

@Waken Thank you ? Posting here is serious business to me. It's how I track my progress. So I try not to fool around too often.

17 hours ago, RendHeaven said:

INFJ?

It's a personality, it translates to very nice people whom have a perfect plan on how to destroy you as soon as you are a bit jerky to them.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin

Not gonna lie, I can definitely come up with an idea for a sweet revenge. But I don't remember the last time I went down that road. If ever.

A song comes to mind ?

'My sweet revenge...Will be yours...For the taking. It's in the making baby ooooh' 

Even the 11yr old me rocking out to this knew that revenge ain't worth it.

Edited by ivankiss

27 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

@Shin

Not gonna lie, I can definitely come up with an idea for a sweet revenge. But I don't remember the last time I went down that road. If ever.

A song comes to mind ?

'My sweet revenge...Will be yours...For the taking. It's in the making baby ooooh' 

Even the 11yr old me rocking out to this knew that revenge ain't worth it.

Do you have the "I give emotional support until I can't function and need to be alone for 1 month" syndrom ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them