SamC

How does a blue shadow look like?

29 posts in this topic

On 5/4/2021 at 3:34 PM, Husseinisdoingfine said:

I do have a BLUE shadow actually, so I can answer that for you from the perspective of an ORANGE/GREEN individual. I'm rather uptight, and I'm not too good at letting loose. Also I get offended easily at sexuality, nudity, and course language. I can't shake the idea from my head that sexuality is somehow filthy, wrong, and needs to be repressed. I also despise modern functionalist architecture and unironically think that all cities should be made in neoclassical architecture.  

Try listening to Marilyn Manson.

4 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Try listening to Marilyn Manson.

ufff he has couple of great songs, #teenagenostalgia

11 hours ago, ilja said:

like this.

unnamed.jpg

It looks dangerous :P

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

20 hours ago, SamC said:

@ForestluvIs perfectionism a sign of a blue shadow?

My mind isn't forming a clear connection with perfectionism and a blue SD shadow. When I imagine shadows, I imagine opposites. An object blocks the path of light and creates a dark shadow. A clear example would be an Orange-level scientist that is highly rational and judgemental - their shadow would be what he perceives as irrational. Their blue shadow might be religious beliefs, which appear to be irrational (his shadow of rationality).

So what would be the shadow of perfectionism? I would say going with the flow in which imperfections are not noticed or cared about. For example, if we were at a poetry slam and the poet got sloppy, yet didn't seem to care and the audience didn't care. A perfectionist would get triggered by the technical sloppiness, judgmental and upset that the poet has such a high platform. While everyone else is drinking, laughing and having fun, the perfectionist is thinking "The poet's cadence is off, his bars aren't coherent enough and he hasn't hit a double entendre. He is doing a disservice to poetry slams and shouldn't even be onstage". . . . To me, that wouldn't be a blue shadow, since core blue values include discipline and hardwork. A perfectionist would value that. I see perfectionism as more of a green shadow, since green is much looser and doesn't care so much about getting details perfect. 

@SamC

What’s wrong with someone being a perfectionist? They should probably be more like you, or how you believe people should be, which is pretty blue. Blue is a bit ‘people should be a certain way, because that’s what I’m comfy with’. Orange is a return to individuality, all the one’s being uniquely the one’s, and loving & appreciating the variety.... since introspectively, this frees you to be you. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

47 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@SamC

What’s wrong with someone being a perfectionist?

Nothing wrong about it but I am trying to trancend it.

They should probably be more like you, or how you believe people should be, which is pretty blue.

Are you implying that I still have blue elements in me? Maybe, Idk.

Is moralizing and nitpicking on people for not being a certain way a shadow of  blue?

Blue is a bit ‘people should be a certain way, because that’s what I’m comfy with’. Orange is a return to individuality, all the one’s being uniquely the one’s, and loving & appreciating the variety.... since introspectively, this frees you to be you. 

@Nahm

@SamC @SamC

‘Wrong’ may not be the perfect word... maybe ‘contempt’. 

No, I’m not implying you have blue or any logical models in you. 

Moralizing and nitpicking could be a blue indicator. It’s thinking people should be the same. Someone who ‘breaks off’ from the herd isn’t concerned with this, generally speaking. They’re focus on themself more, and doing their thing. 

36 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@SamC @SamC

‘Wrong’ may not be the perfect word... maybe ‘contempt’. 

No, I’m not implying you have blue or any logical models in you. 

Moralizing and nitpicking could be a blue indicator. It’s thinking people should be the same. Someone who ‘breaks off’ from the herd isn’t concerned with this, generally speaking. They’re focus on themself more, and doing their thing. 

Thank you Nahm!@Nahm ?

I do have contempt, against myself, for being perfectionistic, yet I judge people who do simple mistakes themselves so I still value and and dispise it.

What does this say you?

@SamC

I’m at a loss as to how something there is valued. 

One can believe one is perfectionistic, but it’s not true, it’s a belief. Same for having contempt against yourself. There’d have to be two of you for that to be possible. Imagine a judge in a courtroom holding himself in contempt. The bailiff might say “but judge, you are you”... but the judge might judge the bailiff, and miss the insight. 

I don’t think you despise anything or anyone there... I think the thought doesn’t feel good...and there is a case of choosing “being right” over feeling good...(?)

Right & wrong, an authority of right & wrong, and judgement... are all pretty solid blue. Leaving that, would be for orange. Recognizing everyone has an opinion, but nobody’s right, or better. 

Putting feeling first is crucial for orange.