harisankartj

Depersonalization Due To Constant Awareness

6 posts in this topic

Someone help.I have been feeling lately that life is a dream,an illusion,nothing means anything and that not existing is better than to exist and suffer.Is this real or the trick of my ego? If its is the ego,then how can I be free?

Thanks.

Ego. By starting to dismantel it. 

How are you suffering?

22 minutes ago, harisankartj said:

that not existing is better than to exist and suffer

Somebody came to Buddha and asked him, "You go on saying that life is suffering, dukkha; you go on saying that the house is on fire, and I realize that this is so, but how should we come out of that house which is on fire?"

Buddha said, "You are not seeing that the house is on fire. If the house is on fire you will not come to ask me, you will simply jump out of that house." You won't go to find somebody to learn techniques. When you realize the house is on fire, you simply jump out of it; there is no method. 

26 minutes ago, harisankartj said:

I have been feeling lately that life is a dream,an illusion,nothing means anything and that not existing is better than to exist and suffer.

It is not your realization. This knowing is not your knowledge, this wisdom has not been achieved through your own efforts. It is borrowed, it is cheap. You have heard that life is dream, illusion, suffering, but you have not realized it.

If you realize in dream that it is a dream the dream is broken, the dream cannot exist. It exists through your cooperation, your identification is needed. If you are committed to it, if you get involved in it, only then can it continue. And the same happens with the greater dream which is life. When you realize this is a dream, immediately you have become a Buddha, you are enlightened. But this enlightenment cannot happen to you by others' knowing, others' wisdom.

1 hour ago, harisankartj said:

Someone help.I have been feeling lately that life is a dream,an illusion,nothing means anything and that not existing is better than to exist and suffer.Is this real or the trick of my ego? If its is the ego,then how can I be free?

Thanks.

failing to conform to the truth of suffering/unsatisfactoriness. ie. constatly creating a separate entity from experience. suffering has a lot to teach if you can be compassionate.

to break from this investigate the sensory components that make up suffering and combine that experience with another one of the Three Doors/your true nature (no-self or impermanence) and voilà

Edited by InsidesOut

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

@harisankartj For one thing, notice that you resist the suffering. Try flipping that on it's head and try enjoying the suffering instead. Open yourself up to it with your body. Allow yourself to feel the full brunt of the hurt, sadness, anger, apathy, or whatever emotions you're feeling.

It's true that life is a dream, an illusion, and meaningless. But now ask yourself, so what? What's the problem? If everything is meaningless, what's all that suffering about? It must be meaningless too, right?

The you you think you are already doesn't exist. And the True You is ever-present, so it cannot be killed even if you wanted to.

Adopting a daily mindfulness-using-noting practice would be very helpful for you. See my video called Mindfulness Meditation.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Leo Gura , thanks I will try out the noting method like you said.

Bob84 I felt disconnected from everything that was happening,like what I thought I was doing in life,all my motivations,everything shattered and I was agitated by that,but now I kinda understand what it was about.

Prabhaker ,yeah I gotta work on clearing out all my preconceived notions and focusing on my experience .Thanks for the heads up.

InsidesOut ,yh will focus on seeing literally on what suffering is and understand it.

Thanks everyone.