tatsumaru

Stuffy nose

19 posts in this topic

My nose is always stuffy. It's not an allergy because it's all year round, it's not food related because it persists even when I go on long water fasts. It's caused me to breathe through the mouth for most of my life which has been bad for my health and social life. It started many many years ago in high school maybe or earlier. My diet didn't affect it - vegetarian, vegan, carnivore, water fasting, gaps, fodmap, I tried it all. I went to see an ENT doctor and he said that I have slightly deviated septum but he didn't seem convinced that this was enough to cause this and just sent me away.

What to do? I want this gone once and for all.

How much time do you spend inside? Do you have access to frequent fresh air? You need to spend time outside breathing through your nose. Lift up your sinuses, massage them and clear them while outside. Go on a hike and breath through your nose. Bring some tissue and blow your nose. Really try and get it out. Breath in and out through your nose very intentionally and purposefully. Do this a lot. Like if you can, every day, but a few times a week or even once a week will work.  Continue doing this for several months and I bet you'll see an improvement. 

Edited by Flowerfaeiry

"You Create Magic" 

I spend ALL of my time indoors, I never get out at all. I've barely gotten out for the last 10 years. I just don't know what to do outside, all I encounter is the madness of crowds, ads about shitty businesses and shitty businesses and this depresses me. When I am at home I have the power to create my own bubble that protects me from this ignorant society. That all being said I realize that living in a cave isn't great for the body, but I think it's important to note that my nasal problems started before I became a recluse, while still in high school so while I agree that I am outdoors deficient I am somewhat skeptical that this is the cause to my nasal problems.

Edited by tatsumaru

21 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

Could be some form of food intolerance even mild allergy. You may be reacting to something in your food or the environment. Consider getting skin prick allergy testing and if nothing shows up try eliminating all major allergens from the food (dairy, fish, soy, eggs, celery, gluten) for 2 weeks and see if that helps, if not keep investigating further. 

You could also try taking quercetin 200mg twice a day 

Also you may do neti pots with something like celtic salt to wash out allergens from your nose. 

It's like you didn't read my post at all...

Do you have air conditioning? My nose feels dry and I can't breath normally in some places with AC.

1 hour ago, tatsumaru said:

It's like you didn't read my post at all...

I didn't sorry :D I jumped into conclusion, let me delete my post 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

3 hours ago, tatsumaru said:

I spend ALL of my time indoors, I never get out at all. I've barely gotten out for the last 10 years. I just don't know what to do outside, all I encounter is the madness of crowds, ads about shitty businesses and shitty businesses and this depresses me. When I am at home I have the power to create my own bubble that protects me from this ignorant society. That all being said I realize that living in a cave isn't great for the body, but I think it's important to note that my nasal problems started before I became a recluse, while still in high school so while I agree that I am outdoors deficient I am somewhat skeptical that this is the cause to my nasal problems.

I'm not saying the indoors is the cause. Rather that fresh air and the outdoors is the solution. Seems like you'd rather ruminate about the problem than actually try to solve it. 

"You Create Magic" 

Humidity can block nose.

Stress can block a nose. It could be as simple as relaxing your face and breathing properly. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Put hot water in a bowl

Put your face above the bowl

Put a blanket over your head.

Problem solved.

In Tate we trust

1 hour ago, StarStruck said:

Put hot water in a bowl

Put your face above the bowl

Put a blanket over your head.

Problem solved.

Wow that was ingenious. I will just have to do this 50 times a day now and I will never experience this issue ever again for more than 30 mins at a time.

5 minutes ago, tatsumaru said:

Wow that was ingenious. I will just have to do this 50 times a day now and I will never experience this issue ever again for more than 30 mins at a time.

Dude, just try it.

In Tate we trust

3 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Dude, just try it.

I've suffered from stuffy nose for 10 years. I've tried all of these basic things already - neti pots, warm water, hot water, salt water, herbal inhalations, nasal decongestants. Your answer might be helpful for someone who gets the occasional stuffy nose on the weekend, it didn't work for me.

@tatsumaru There are parasites that can live in the nose. This actually common. Some supplements can kill them and the parasite will leak out of your nose, its awesome. The reported effect is congestion relief, easy of breathing. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@tatsumaru have you tried to exercise regularly? Simple push ups can do the good(almost immediately). And you need to exercise to your overall health, being active you now... Sedentary lifestyle brings dullnes to body and mind. For stuffed nose I can recomnend shirshasana (headstand) from yoga, you can do it leaning on a wall. But you need to do it regularly to see result.

My husband has had this for years.  When he got pneumonia, the ER doctor noticed his constant nasal drip and he just volunteered that Nasacort or Flonase OTC nose spray would clear that right up.  He didn't say what may cause the constant drip, but we tried the spray and it worked.  A spray in each nostril once or twice a day fixed it.  But then my husband ran out and didn't tell me he needed it again.  So he went without it for several weeks  and the drip came back.  There are so many reasons for sinitus you'd have to be a pretty good detective to track the exact cause down.

I know this may sound controversial or even downright disgusting, but try snorting your own urine. I got this from Nick Caputo, you can find him on youtube under The Caputo Method or grubfromthegarden. His whole stick revolves around breathwork and also urine therapy. Some pretty radical shit, but he seems to be on to something. I've experimented with treating my own nose and sinuses with urine lately and it seems to improve, also been having blocked airways for years.

@Kundalini Cataclysm how is the whole putting urine up your nose thing? A naturopath recommended colloidal silver for my nasal passages. I don't think I could stomach urine.

"You Create Magic" 

@Flowerfaeiry It's actually not that bad. I don't particularily enjoy the taste either, but it becomes less and less of a big deal the more you do it. I recommend you drink at least a sip or two of your own urine first to get an impression. I usually use urine that is rather salty for my nose, it's almost as if you prepared salt water to flush your nose. Plus it's warm if you've freshly harvested it, which also makes it more gentle on the nostrils. My experience is that it really frees up your airways and also starts to make you blow out and spit up lot of snot and mucus, which I'd say is more disgusting than the actual pee ingestion. It's a necessary cleasing process and probably won't last forever.