John Iverson

Is it enough to learn marketing by just reading all marketing books in the booklist ?

12 posts in this topic

Is it enough that by reading all books in Leo's booklist in marketing section is enough? 

Edited by John Iverson

Things may be changing quite rapidly these days.

Marketing during pre-covid and post-covid world may be slightly different. 

3 minutes ago, hyruga said:

Things may be changing quite rapidly these days.

Marketing during pre-covid and post-covid world may be slightly different. 

What marketing we have in a slightly different world 

3 hours ago, John Iverson said:

What marketing we have in a slightly different world 

I see more people selling things online and there are some who even made zoom webinars to sell stuff. More people are joining amazon affiliate programs too.

3 minutes ago, hyruga said:

I see more people selling things online and there are some who even made zoom webinars to sell stuff. More people are joining amazon affiliate programs too.

We are talking about reading all the books that are available in actualized.org booklist , is enough reading it to really learn about marketing

It's good for a foundation, but once you get into marketing and niche areas within that, your experience is more valuable than the books because you know first hand what will work. It's not like you can just read the books and automatically that means you can be successful at it, if that was the case it would be pretty easy 

Is it enough to learn weightlifitng by just reading all the textbooks on how to lift weight? 

Theory provides the foundations. 

Action gives you the results. 

So, of course read the books, but don't think you'll become an expert without actually putting in the work

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

As you can see from Leo's videos, Leo always share openly a lot of what he knows plus he is very comprehensive.

If he did a topic (say Wisdom) on a video, he never repeat the same topic  in another video because he has already said most of the essential points and he doesn't do repeat videos. 

So for his list, I think it will be similar. The marketing books will be comprehensive enough to cover at least 90% of the theories. It is impossible to reach 100% of all marketing materials anyway.

Edited by hyruga

4 hours ago, Consept said:

It's good for a foundation, but once you get into marketing and niche areas within that, your experience is more valuable than the books because you know first hand what will work. It's not like you can just read the books and automatically that means you can be successful at it, if that was the case it would be pretty easy 

4 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Is it enough to learn weightlifitng by just reading all the textbooks on how to lift weight? 

Theory provides the foundations. 

Action gives you the results. 

So, of course read the books, but don't think you'll become an expert without actually putting in the work

So yes at the same time i need the application of it? Then move forward to life

It's not enough. I think finding a consultant would make your life a lot easier.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@John Iverson No chance. Consept said it: you will need to study more to become effective in your niche. I don't know what exact number of books will be enough, but you will discover it once it becomes obvious that spending your time reading them is producing diminishing returns for your business. When that happens, you will not only have studied enough, but more than enough, which is a good place to be.

2 hours ago, yungtrippa said:

@John Iverson No chance. Consept said it: you will need to study more to become effective in your niche. I don't know what exact number of books will be enough, but you will discover it once it becomes obvious that spending your time reading them is producing diminishing returns for your business. When that happens, you will not only have studied enough, but more than enough, which is a good place to be.

Okay