Roy

Spiritual seekers, did you ONLY pursue spirituality after a traumatic event?

14 posts in this topic

In other words, how many of you started pursuing spirituality only AFTER a traumatic event like a trip to the hospital or the death of a close loved one? Or were you already learning about it before/during a life changing event?

Just curious to see how people's spiritual journeys relate to the hardships of life, like a divorce or death. If not a large life event, what do you recall spurred your journey?

Only share personal information about a traumatic event if you feel comfortable doing so.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

@Roy Let go of suffering: Age 2.5 Fostercare Age 7 Social workers gave Biological-mom back custody, for me, not my older sister, so i almost moved to complete stranger alone, left mates in 1:grade class and begun 2:grade class, yep insane.. Stepfather got cancer after 6 months...about after 12 months i been there or so, he died= mom druglife again, OD= i did call. + bunch of adventures during 1.5 years. Aha.. first time i was drunk + cigarettes was then was 8 years old... With mom and her friend+ was at adventure with her friends hiding from social workers a couple of weeks, shit got crazy, The A-Team was showing me their lifestyle.. That was the start for a long adventure. Let go of suffering and live life whatever age. Better it gets, better it gets.. Teal Swan have a lot helpful solutions for complex c-ptsd. 

I returned to fostercare family, not a child that came back.

Age 38....Actualized.org / Leo's Videos :x

I am comfortable, i wish i could write the way i talk native. :x

Edited by DIDego

My whole childhood itself was very traumatic. The pain created from that has always been the driving force behind my spiritual seeking. 

"You Create Magic" 

Ya, suffering probably had something to do with my pursuing spirituality.  Though, not necessarily a single event, and not necessarily only suffering being a fuel.  

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

1 hour ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

My whole childhood itself was very traumatic. The pain created from that has always been the driving force behind my spiritual seeking. 

Likewise I don't think I would have healed it unless I did a bunch of other work first. In fact I never really recalled anything until a few years ago, guess it was a signal I was ready to finally move past it.

Yo you ever get my PM a while ago?

hrhrhtewgfegege

I've never really had any trauma. Had a good childhood, and have had a good life. For me it has to do with Truth. I would ponder lots of existential questions all my life. Though there were many theories out there in the world about what is really going on, there could be only one true Truth, and I wanted to know, without any doubt, what that Truth is. 

What if the falsity of a thought of a separate self in time is in & of itself traumatic, vs what the thought is about being true, in the sense there is no actuality of there being a separate self in time, just this peace appearing as, thoughts, which repeat only when believed or identified with, mistakenly, to be about the awareness aware of

If that were true, there would be no separate self, only peace, love, intelligence & happiness, free & unbound, fully creating the desired life. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Infinite Love. ❤️

Infinite Happiness. ❤️

Infinite Intelligence. ❤️

You are it. 

@Roy

I didn't believe the mind. The Never Ending Story. 

I began to realise there was something else, mind blowingly simple. 

To get there you have to wade through all the trauma. You may loose a horse in the process, fight the Nothing, meet some wizards, fall off a giant turtle and most importantly become the Story. 

If you can ride on the back a dragon while getting there then so be it. 

Edited by Surfingthewave

When you get to the point of considering suicide,

You'd accept to try anything.

Luckily I found Leo and not a cult leader !

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Im still seeking. The traumatic event is me. 

On 5/4/2021 at 6:04 AM, Flowerfaeiry said:

:x

my whole life was a shit show but with all my Will power i managed to get it in "order" and then started asking question what else is there, is there other side, started reading NDEs, and that was for me.