Frode

[book] Steal Like An Artist By Austin Kleon. Top 5 Ideas!

4 posts in this topic

Hi! Here are my favorite ideas from "Steal Like An Artist" by Austin Kleon. I hope you like it, and that you'll take the time to give me some feedback on how I can improve my videos! :-) 

This book is a personal favorite of mine!!! It's simple and direct and the advice is practical and it all boils down to "nothing is original but you need to have ingenuity as an artist! You have infinite ideas and tools so what will you create?" I love this book and I also highly recommend "Show Your Work" by the same writer and "The Artist's Way" by Julie Cameron and "The Creative Habit" by Twlya Tharp 

@Zane I highly enjoyed the book too, Zane, and thank you for your book suggestions; they are added to my reading list! :-)

4 hours ago, Frode said:

@Zane I highly enjoyed the book too, Zane, and thank you for your book suggestions; they are added to my reading list! :-)

Excellent!! Thanks for taking my suggestions! I would love to see Leo focus on creativity and imagination and how it can apply to self-actualization or all areas of life! I realized that people are growing increasing detached from their creativity and cling rigidly to logic! Creativity amazingly links to both intuition and logic and it is the greatest mental toolkit with our intuition, our imagination, our inner movies and our dreams and our thoughts, our ingenuity, and our visionary of the possibilities. Creativity helps us become mentally fluid and can dissolve or destroy barriers! To simplify creativity to it's bare basics, creativity is our authenticity! It's truly amazing and fascinating! My highest priority is to be a creator and to master creativity to become self-actualized.