TheSomeBody

why leo so negative about his viewers

173 posts in this topic

I don’t know but I think that if Leo truly embodied ‘Love’, ‘Joy’ and ‘Peace’ this behavior would dissolve. 

I can tell you from direct experience that debilitating gut issues play a major part in this.

@Leo Gura hope to see you heal and expand soon :)  

B2DA7E69-FAFA-425A-858E-F193C3F8350B.jpeg

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

@TheSomeBody each teacher has their own philosophy. He needs to be himself though right? But I agree, it would be nice to see him smile more lol. Honestly he seems to be much much better these days so I'm not sure how it applies to recent videos. 

48 minutes ago, Spiral Wizard said:

I can tell you from direct experience that debilitating gut issues play a major part in this.

I think you're actually spot on. If I were to make inferences based on my own experience, I think chronic pain or other somatic issues can greatly impede your spiritual progress. Physical health is a crucial part of mental and spiritual health.

To balance beauty and complexity so perfectly is a divine mystery.

Just now, Inva said:

@TheSomeBody each teacher has their own philosophy. He needs to be himself though right? But I agree, it would be nice to see him smile more lol. Honestly he seems to be much much better these days so I'm not sure how it applies to recent videos. 

He is better! You can feel it ?

The water fast did something ?

5 hours ago, Spiral Wizard said:

I don’t know but I think that if Leo truly embodied ‘Love’, ‘Joy’ and ‘Peace’ this behavior would dissolve. 

This is so true.

Leo man I love you and you know a lot more about the nature of reality than I do but it'd be nice to acknowledge that being rude does not help the viewers and people on this forum, it just makes them feel bad and less worthy of love.

You can love yourself and become aware of this at the same time, it would make you a better human being. It is not your fault that you have health issues but it's not our fault either.

If you are us then what if you were nice to us?

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)

On 4.5.2021 at 0:21 PM, Leo Gura said:

I have never liked politeness. It's fake and it lulls you into buying bullshit.

Gurus say polite things to you and you get intoxicated with their sweetness.

If I was sweeter it would just make you bigger sheep.

I should kill a basket of puppies on live stream once a year so you guys don't start thinking I'm too great.

i mean, as a bussness perspective i dont get why would you not want some lvl of being nice and inviting people, you can be jerk most of the time but i am guessing for the marketing part of the biz it would be better if you are nice , like iniviting people to the forum in a nice way , you dont need to be nice here , but the marketing parts might be better if you were nicer

On 4.5.2021 at 2:31 PM, Scholar said:

The actual reason is that he engaged too much of his time in the L-Mode of his mind. He values intellectualism to such a high degree that he engages in it to the detriment of his spiritual development.  L-Mode is "Left Brain", and R-Mode is "Right Brain".

functions-of-the-brain-hemispheres.jpg

Leo's life purpose is centered around the "Left Brain" Functions, and I would speculate he remains in that mode for most of the day. It leads to judgement, division, arrogance, separation. You can take as much psychedelics as you want, if this will be your general mode of being you will remain such. This is primarily habitual and not about personality, however personality probably created a bias towards seeking out one mode of being over the other. You can see the consequences of residing in that Mode often when Leo is talking on this forum, or on camera.

If you want to evolve spiritually in an embodied way, you have to ensure that you remain in the R-Mode for most of the day. If you spend 8 hours every day intellectualizing and being L-Mode, you will never reach the level of Holistic experience as someone who for example has his life purpose centered around an activity that is R-Mode. Much of meditation is about simply residing in R-Mode, as deeply as possible.

The intellectual will have no other choice but to pump himself full of psychedelics, but even that will only get him so far in terms of embodiment.

From what I know Leo is not interested in embodiment, but I think because so many people here lean towards specific personality traits that he does aswell, which is the case for me even too, viewing him as an example for us to follow can be detrimental to us especially if our goal is embodiment. The depths of development you can achieve by structuring your life around residing in R-Mode as much as possible, especially if you have an L-Mode tendency, are staggering.

kind of a wierd argument, the prosses is both sides , without embodiment he wouldnt know this stuff

have ADHD ? click here if you want to treat it:

6 hours ago, Spiral Wizard said:

@Leo Gura hope to see you heal and expand soon :)  

B2DA7E69-FAFA-425A-858E-F193C3F8350B.jpeg

I need those last xp to get to level 500 !

Can't wait for my new skills and the new dungeon !

Spirituality is not the renunciation of life

It is the art of living fully

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Shin said:

I need those last xp to get to level 500

I go from 500 to 700  ? my goal is over  9000... and a cool haircut, if possible! 

Edited by EddieEddie1995

Spiritual correctness != political correctness

On 5/4/2021 at 7:31 AM, Scholar said:

The actual reason is that he engaged too much of his time in the L-Mode of his mind. He values intellectualism to such a high degree that he engages in it to the detriment of his spiritual development.  L-Mode is "Left Brain", and R-Mode is "Right Brain".

functions-of-the-brain-hemispheres.jpg

This model has some truth, yet is also a "left" / "right" binary model that is waaay too simplistic. At higher levels of cognition, the "left" vs "right" becomes intimately inter-connected and at higher levels breaks down. Here, the creativity of logic is revealed, the imagination of spoken language is revealed. . . 

At a basic level, imagine someone that is right-brain oriented. They are an artist with high level abilities of creativity and intuition. A mind contracted within this may interpret Leo as being very left-brain oriented with logic an analysis. Now imagine that "right-brain" mind transcends left vs right. This is a very different conscious state. Here, the person could be amazed by how Leo uses intuition and creativity to synthesize imagination, logic and spoken language. This person may have to pause the videos as they fall back in their chair shouting "Omg!!! He just did that!! That just happened!! He is genius!!". Yet it would take a mind of transcendence to observe and appreciate the magnificent interplay between form and formless. 

Yet minds still have their natural skills. Harry Mack is at a transcendent level of awareness, yet he still has particular strengths: he is a magician at spoken freestyle rap, yet not very good at writing linguistically. He is aware of both, yet much better at evaluating from spoken freestyle. Similarly, a transcendent mind with particular skills in right-brain dynamics of emotion and empathy will be particularly able to see limitations in this area, yet they would be impressed by someone that can artistically synthesize emotion and empathy, with analysis and reasoning. Especially since they lack those skills. They would still be able to see the gaps in the "artwork", yet that's ok because that's not the purpose of the painting. 

This is a form of meta-awareness and can be very difficult to introspect. For example, someone could be synthesizing imagination of empathy (right brain), yet doing so with a "left brain" processor of analysis, reasoning and spoken language. There would be awareness that the processor is not empathic understanding. That is next level awareness. A sub-meta level below would be that the mind is under the impression it is communicating via empathic understanding. A highly skilled empath may come along and be amazed "Omg, I've never seen someone mold empathy like that!!!". It's ok that it's not an empathic processor. The snag is when the original content creator is unaware that they lack a form of empathic skill and think they fully understand empathy and are explaining the full spectrum/dimensions of empathy. They are unaware the are missing something. 

Meta-awareness of one's skill and ability levels goes super high. There are continuous meta-levels, yet one must master more basic levels before advancing higher. And some minds don't have interest or awareness of gaps. 

To me, the very high levels of cognitive transcendence is like theivery. The mind devotes some of it's RAM as awareness for high-level insights it can "steal" to further expand it's mind. As a personal example, I've been modeling neuronal plasticity and I've devoted part of my mind RAM for anything that can add to a more comprehensive understanding. Yet at a certain level, quality insights in one's external environment becomes rare. Yet I recently came across a neuroscientist who has high level integrative understanding (mostly "left brain"), as well I came across a breathwork facilitator that is at an extremely high metaphysical level. She is a master at inducing neuronal plasticity, yet has no idea what neuronal plasticity is and how she is mechanistically inducing neuronal plasticity at a cellular level. Which makes it more amazing to me. In a way, I am like a "transcendent thief". Every Wednesday night, I enter her realm and "steal" insights from that realm as my consciousness expands. 

Posted (edited)

On 5/4/2021 at 3:21 AM, Leo Gura said:

I should kill a basket of puppies on live stream once a year so you guys don't start thinking I'm too great.

Ehmm, I can't tell if that was serious or a joke. I'm not a fan of fake politeness either but it's one thing to be blunt, and another to be a murderous puppy killer!

(and by serious, I mean not literally kill puppies, but by not feeling bad about killing puppies)

Edited by Myioko

7 hours ago, Villager Albert said:

Leo man I love you and you know a lot more about the nature of reality than I do but it'd be nice to acknowledge that being rude does not help the viewers and people on this forum, it just makes them feel bad and less worthy of love.

I'm not rude per se, I just have low interest in human bullshit.

I'm not your mommy. I'm not gonna play social games with you. I'm here to deliver ideas, nothing more.

Life's a bitch, and that is Love.

If you want someone to coddle you, you can find plenty of those kind of teachers around. My teachings are meant to be edgy and brutal. That's my style. At least for now. Maybe in the future it will soften up.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

I think Leo is not that rude at all. Ya'll guy's definition of edgy must be soft af  

Movie Scene of the Game: Crisis Core Director Lazard: By the way what is your dream, to become a first, is it? Zack: Nope. It's to become a Hero! Director Lazard: Is it so. Quite a sad dream but a good one nonetheless Zack:(

My Instagram: 조상범 charlie (@charlie887) If you can, I always like to talk about important things with people in more depth, be it spirituality, science, religion, or business

@Shin Consciousness can be described with numbers. Yes or no? 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I'm not rude per se, I just have low interest in human bullshit.

I'm not your mommy. I'm not gonna play social games with you. I'm here to deliver ideas, nothing more.

Life's a bitch, and that is Love.

If you want someone to coddle you, you can find plenty of those kind of teachers around. My teachings are meant to be edgy and brutal. That's my style. At least for now. Maybe in the future it will soften up.

Some people are taking umbrage with the approach you're taking on this, but I respect the no-bullshit lucidity. 

20 minutes ago, The Rainmaker said:

Some people are taking umbrage with the approach

That's how style is. You can't please everyone. Spicy things are polarizing, making some people hate it and others love it. I'm a somewhat polarizing guy. I don't want to make milquetoast content that makes your grandma pleased. My content has added drama and flair to make it interesting. And I enjoy being provocative.

FYI, I'm never angry at you. Mostly I'm baffled by the stupidity and laziness of people. I am in constant disbelief at how much the average person takes life/reality for granted, and therefore it's hard for me to respect such a person. So I tend to look down on such people and sometimes I rant and rebuke from that perspective, but I'm never too serious about it. Half the time it's done tongue -in-cheek.

When I rant at you, it's because you're not being serious enough about reality. That's mostly where I'm coming from. To earn my respect you have to be serious.

Posted (edited)

Leo is sharp like a knife. He can move aspects that are difficult to otherwise reach.  His words slice all the way into you. 

If he is negative as a symptom or side effect of that then that's okay with me. 

Edited by Proserpina

Posted (edited)

My teachings are meant to be edgy and brutal.

Your teachings are not that brutal, actually. At least not as brutal as Jed's teachings. And even someone like Adya was quite brutal in his early days of teaching. I like that style. People think that Jed's teachings are depressing and life denying, but actually he is one of the few teachers who is trying to get the reader to take his life seriously, to be awake to his life. That's true compassion: telling the truth without beating around the bush. A soft approach is not memorable; it doesn't have any impact. But what Jed also has, and I think this is the reason why his books are successful, is humor. Conscious teachers can make fun of the human condition without being obnoxious. I still find that missing in your work.

If you’re going to tell people the truth, be funny or they’ll kill you. - Billy Wilder

By the way, are you planning on updating the booklist any time soon? 

Edited by The Mystical Man

I find Jed's humor and style annoying and cringey.

Book list may get a small update at some point. I don't read much these days.

Bill Hicks, whose everyday waking consciousness probably wasn't too different from Leo's, was a very good spiritual teacher. And his shows consisted of screaming at the audience and calling them idiots and cows. So . . . Leo is not that brutal. xD Maybe a Tool song about oneness that utilizes a lot of yelling could be considered "brutal" by some.