TheSomeBody

why leo so negative about his viewers

164 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Shin said:

I need those last xp to get to level 500

I go from 500 to 700  ? my goal is over  9000... and a cool haircut, if possible! 

Edited by EddieEddie1995

On 5/4/2021 at 7:31 AM, Scholar said:

The actual reason is that he engaged too much of his time in the L-Mode of his mind. He values intellectualism to such a high degree that he engages in it to the detriment of his spiritual development.  L-Mode is "Left Brain", and R-Mode is "Right Brain".

functions-of-the-brain-hemispheres.jpg

This model has some truth, yet is also a "left" / "right" binary model that is waaay too simplistic. At higher levels of cognition, the "left" vs "right" becomes intimately inter-connected and at higher levels breaks down. Here, the creativity of logic is revealed, the imagination of spoken language is revealed. . . 

At a basic level, imagine someone that is right-brain oriented. They are an artist with high level abilities of creativity and intuition. A mind contracted within this may interpret Leo as being very left-brain oriented with logic an analysis. Now imagine that "right-brain" mind transcends left vs right. This is a very different conscious state. Here, the person could be amazed by how Leo uses intuition and creativity to synthesize imagination, logic and spoken language. This person may have to pause the videos as they fall back in their chair shouting "Omg!!! He just did that!! That just happened!! He is genius!!". Yet it would take a mind of transcendence to observe and appreciate the magnificent interplay between form and formless. 

Yet minds still have their natural skills. Harry Mack is at a transcendent level of awareness, yet he still has particular strengths: he is a magician at spoken freestyle rap, yet not very good at writing linguistically. He is aware of both, yet much better at evaluating from spoken freestyle. Similarly, a transcendent mind with particular skills in right-brain dynamics of emotion and empathy will be particularly able to see limitations in this area, yet they would be impressed by someone that can artistically synthesize emotion and empathy, with analysis and reasoning. Especially since they lack those skills. They would still be able to see the gaps in the "artwork", yet that's ok because that's not the purpose of the painting. 

This is a form of meta-awareness and can be very difficult to introspect. For example, someone could be synthesizing imagination of empathy (right brain), yet doing so with a "left brain" processor of analysis, reasoning and spoken language. There would be awareness that the processor is not empathic understanding. That is next level awareness. A sub-meta level below would be that the mind is under the impression it is communicating via empathic understanding. A highly skilled empath may come along and be amazed "Omg, I've never seen someone mold empathy like that!!!". It's ok that it's not an empathic processor. The snag is when the original content creator is unaware that they lack a form of empathic skill and think they fully understand empathy and are explaining the full spectrum/dimensions of empathy. They are unaware the are missing something. 

Meta-awareness of one's skill and ability levels goes super high. There are continuous meta-levels, yet one must master more basic levels before advancing higher. And some minds don't have interest or awareness of gaps. 

To me, the very high levels of cognitive transcendence is like theivery. The mind devotes some of it's RAM as awareness for high-level insights it can "steal" to further expand it's mind. As a personal example, I've been modeling neuronal plasticity and I've devoted part of my mind RAM for anything that can add to a more comprehensive understanding. Yet at a certain level, quality insights in one's external environment becomes rare. Yet I recently came across a neuroscientist who has high level integrative understanding (mostly "left brain"), as well I came across a breathwork facilitator that is at an extremely high metaphysical level. She is a master at inducing neuronal plasticity, yet has no idea what neuronal plasticity is and how she is mechanistically inducing neuronal plasticity at a cellular level. Which makes it more amazing to me. In a way, I am like a "transcendent thief". Every Wednesday night, I enter her realm and "steal" insights from that realm as my consciousness expands. 

7 hours ago, Villager Albert said:

Leo man I love you and you know a lot more about the nature of reality than I do but it'd be nice to acknowledge that being rude does not help the viewers and people on this forum, it just makes them feel bad and less worthy of love.

I'm not rude per se, I just have low interest in human bullshit.

I'm not your mommy. I'm not gonna play social games with you. I'm here to deliver ideas, nothing more.

Life's a bitch, and that is Love.

If you want someone to coddle you, you can find plenty of those kind of teachers around. My teachings are meant to be edgy and brutal. That's my style. At least for now. Maybe in the future it will soften up.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Shin Consciousness can be described with numbers. Yes or no? 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I'm not rude per se, I just have low interest in human bullshit.

I'm not your mommy. I'm not gonna play social games with you. I'm here to deliver ideas, nothing more.

Life's a bitch, and that is Love.

If you want someone to coddle you, you can find plenty of those kind of teachers around. My teachings are meant to be edgy and brutal. That's my style. At least for now. Maybe in the future it will soften up.

Some people are taking umbrage with the approach you're taking on this, but I respect the no-bullshit lucidity. 

20 minutes ago, The Rainmaker said:

Some people are taking umbrage with the approach

That's how style is. You can't please everyone. Spicy things are polarizing, making some people hate it and others love it. I'm a somewhat polarizing guy. I don't want to make milquetoast content that makes your grandma pleased. My content has added drama and flair to make it interesting. And I enjoy being provocative.

FYI, I'm never angry at you. Mostly I'm baffled by the stupidity and laziness of people. I am in constant disbelief at how much the average person takes life/reality for granted, and therefore it's hard for me to respect such a person. So I tend to look down on such people and sometimes I rant and rebuke from that perspective, but I'm never too serious about it. Half the time it's done tongue -in-cheek.

When I rant at you, it's because you're not being serious enough about reality. That's mostly where I'm coming from. To earn my respect you have to be serious.

Leo is sharp like a knife. He can move aspects that are difficult to otherwise reach.  His words slice all the way into you. 

If he is negative as a symptom or side effect of that then that's okay with me. 

Edited by Proserpina

???????

My teachings are meant to be edgy and brutal.

Your teachings are not that brutal, actually. At least not as brutal as Jed's teachings. And even someone like Adya was quite brutal in his early days of teaching. I like that style. People think that Jed's teachings are depressing and life denying, but actually he is one of the few teachers who is trying to get the reader to take his life seriously, to be awake to his life. That's true compassion: telling the truth without beating around the bush. A soft approach is not memorable; it doesn't have any impact. But what Jed also has, and I think this is the reason why his books are successful, is humor. Conscious teachers can make fun of the human condition without being obnoxious. I still find that missing in your work.

If you’re going to tell people the truth, be funny or they’ll kill you. - Billy Wilder

By the way, are you planning on updating the booklist any time soon? 

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

I find Jed's humor and style annoying and cringey.

Book list may get a small update at some point. I don't read much these days.

Bill Hicks, whose everyday waking consciousness probably wasn't too different from Leo's, was a very good spiritual teacher. And his shows consisted of screaming at the audience and calling them idiots and cows. So . . . Leo is not that brutal. xD Maybe a Tool song about oneness that utilizes a lot of yelling could be considered "brutal" by some.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

FYI, I'm never angry at you.

I think this addresses a common projection people fall into.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Mostly I'm baffled by the stupidity and laziness of people. I am in constant disbelief at how much the average person takes life/reality for granted, and therefore it's hard for me to respect such a person. So I tend to look down on such people and sometimes I rant and rebuke from that perspective, but I'm never too serious about it. Half the time it's done tongue -in-cheek.

This is the vibe I get from you most of the time. It’s easy to forget how much we assume about your perspective and mindset, thinking you’re angry at us, etc. Even if that were the case, to take it so personally is something we are ultimately responsible for, not you. I’d imagine you often feel like a human trying to teach advanced calculus to monkeys. Given that dynamic, you do an admirable job of communicating in a palatable way—if you didn’t, we would have all left by now.

You’re providing a service that you put a staggering amount of time and effort into, so of course you can do it on whatever terms you like. People resist the dilemma of either switching to a different teacher and missing out on the juicy info here, or growing a thicker skin. And thus, they will demonize you to avoid responsibility.

Edited by Matt Skinner

@TheSomeBody Don't blindly follow. 

He's giving you a no bs approach. 

See the work for what it is, forget the teacher. 

You've raised an important point about hero/non hero worship. 

Consciousness, beauty, love, realness is the work. Has nothing to do with how it is delivered. 

Forget the style and look at the substance. 

Here's a tip. He doesn't know any more than you, you just haven't seen it yet. What has been provided is a modern way of reaching people. A way of pointing (and screaming) at the path. Follow it. Or don't. 

Edited by Surfingthewave

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I find Jed's humor and style annoying and cringey.

Book list may get a small update at some point. I don't read much these days.

An update where you maybe remove the books you in hindsight found silly would be neat. Getting it sorted/cleaned:-)

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

@TheSomeBody

I haven’t read everything in this thread, just coming to share what I feel about this.

Remember that all that’s coming is just my projection from what I can see and understand from my reality. 

Sometimes I feel like Leo isn’t fulfilled on a deep level and that a lot of this consciousness work is done in a way that’s an escape from physical life (escaping the body, escaping the people, escaping the physical limitations, etc).

What makes me think that is the following : I was surprised to see along the years that Leo’s spiritual work hasn’t made him lighter, funnier and more radiant.

Contrarily, I feel like he has gotten more and more serious, and bitter.

From a more new age perspective, I feel like his vibration and vital energy has decreased rather than increased.

To me, the more you grow spiritually, the more healthy, happy and radiant you should look. Otherwise, it is mostly bypassing and escaping life.

To be honest, it has made me watch the videos less. I’ve been drawn to other teachings which help me feel more connected, more grateful, more present and less in my head trying to understand everything very seriously.

Recently, I learned about Leo’s health issues and that confirmed this feeling I had. It feels like he is in deep suffering inside.

The problem is that everything in his worldview seems to be about working, achieving and being productive, and never about living, having fun, enjoying the human experience, being in the body and in the moment.

Honestly, I feel like Leo’s true awakening (and healing) will happen when he’ll let go of everything : his business, his purpose, his goals, his content, so that he can start to live his life without so much weight on his shoulders.

Personally, the life purpose course has helped me a lot to reach my goals and change my life in the past years, but it hasn’t helped my to reach deep level of fulfilment.

And I think that’s the problem.

Having purpose and meaning is necessary, but making it 100% of your life doesn’t feel natural and is tremendously stressful.

It’s like living life with the feeling of being late all the time, never being good enough the way you are and always needing to do more.

It’s like the biggest scarcity belief ever created. Never BEING enough. Always needing to DO more to be happy.

I’ve been dealing with similar stuff that he has on a physical level so I kind of understand what he is going through.

However I think that trying to heal himself through diet is not going to do it. Honestly, chronic issues like these almost always stem from deep emotional blockages and traumas.

Personally, my own healing has come from finally having a deep desire to live (and not to escape) and finally feel enough however I “perform” in life.

That’s the only real way to increase your life energy. Always working and thinking is doing the opposite, draining all your life energy away.

Again, these are all my projections. I think I needed to share that as I’ve being going into my own process.

Seeing Leo’s struggle was impactful as well and I’d love to see him more radiant. On a higher vibration. Maybe a bit more new agey :) 

Hope this sharing will bring some interesting inner openings! 

@Plabs  When I see Leo's struggles, his haters who call him a cult leader, the sycophantic followers who treat him like one despite him telling them not to... one thought comes to my mind every time - thank fuck I never went down the path of turning my own spiritual development into a brand.

@kinesin Hahaha right :D

And receiving everyone’s projections and propositions about how you should be and act (like I did today!)

@Plabs  This is why spiritual seekers need to disconnect themselves from worldly things.  When a person makes their views publicly known and develops a 'position' or a 'system', they're effectively turning their ego into a solid object which then becomes nearly impossible to change.

For me personally, part of my spiritual journey involved a period of around 8 months where I came to believe that thinking about spiritual matters was a delusional pursuit.  Being a regular individual without any public reputation for being 'the spiritual guy' or anything like that, I experienced no resistance whatsoever to exploring that view for 8 months, and then eventually I rediscovered and reintegrated a much more nuanced and profound sense of spirituality.  If I'd been the owner of a spirituality youtube channel with 1 million subscribers expecting at least a video a week, could I have done that?  No way.  If I'd put out systematic approaches to certain aspects of perception and reality, would I have the freedom to completely let go of them and explore the opposite view for a while?  No way.  Imo for Leo's own sake, I believe he'll have to sell Actualized at some point so that he can continue his own personal development without being trapped by expectations of consistency.

Because otherwise people will worship it like a saint.

It's a failsafe, he must be a dick for your sake !

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

I've read like a third of the thread 

I think I know what people mean with Leo being a jerk or negative. A funny thing is, some people that are totally uninterested in spirituality and who are basically totally in materialist worldviews, also didn't like Leo from the first videos. (Yes I showed his videos to friends of mine sometimes)

Not because of the message (they mostly got something from the videos), but because of his personality. I think even the materialists have an intuition for negative personalities. I personally understand Leo as a quite negative person that somehow got on a very positive path. I also see that he got much better, his personality improved alot compared to his first videos. His smile is often much more loving and authentic, his interested and care shines through more. I also wanna mention that we should not critize him for his personality. He is totally fine as he is. It's okay and kinda important to understand WHO is saying what is being said, but at the end, the message is more important. I totally understand if someone is unable to resonate with him and these people would do much better finding another teacher. Everybody has a different capacity to accept, overlook negative aspects of others. No need to force something that won't work. 

So at the end: No one's perfect and we should focus on the inspiring input rather than his personality. For everyone who can't resonate with him: Also fine! Just look for another teacher/inspiration.