TheSomeBody

why leo so negative about his viewers

164 posts in this topic

I think the important thing is to really think about this. I read a lot of Leo's comments on the forum. I don't see any abusive or rude behaviour. He speaks like a normal person, unfiltered and as himself. 

You get lost in petty bullshit and can't see the countless hours he spent creating the book list, life purpose course, all his videos etc.... 

Eh, he isn't a push over and interacts with 1000's of people. He isn't a pussy ahaha. He is God! He is a leader, he is a human. 

Judging and demonizing others is just a sign of where we are in our journey. 

Important to hold him accountable as well. He also has weak spots and impurity I am sure. We all do.

When you realize that we are all there is... be grateful and thankful one of us (Leo in this case) has tried his best and taken the lead.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

8 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

when I watch Leo, I expect brutal truth told

Read this thread its not about hiding the truth.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The plain truth is that I've always been kind of a jerk, and as I become more conscious and more authentic I can be even more jerk-like because I care less about what others want me to be.

The nice thing about waking up is that it trims off all the social pretense. Some people are just jerks. Not everyone is gonna be a carebear. To equate that with consciousness is silly.

I will be exactly how I feel like and I don't care if you like it. If you want me to be sweet to you, that's your problem. My work has nothing to do with me being sweet or likeable.

My authentic personality is just no-bullshit, blunt like hammer, straight to business.

It's also because Leo is real, which is why he's the only Personal Development coach I will ever use. He doesn't sugarcoat anything.

22 hours ago, Opo said:

Faking positivity is the worst thing he could do. 

I like this Leo. 

I feel the same. It's all one's own perception. I personally see him in a positive light. He will do what he wants.

I'd consider not worrying about how he goes about his personality & YouTube Channel, thats not a major importance to the work he puts out. It's the content & overall teaching he puts out that give them their value & importance. 

42 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

If you guys have a hard time accepting Leo as he is, perhaps it's time to move on to another teacher. 

To me, it seems like sensitive green not being able to handle Leo's teaching, which don't seem that harsh at all. And I don't mean that it a negative way either. When I watch Matt Kahn I get more in touch with that sensitive side, but when I watch Leo, I expect brutal truth told as bluntly as possible. 

I'd also get impatient responding to questions being asked for the 1000th time. This forum has gone full circle about 4 times and almost every question has been answered that's being asked. It's kind of amazing how he's still sticking around here and responding, to me that shows how much he cares. 

To me Leo is a fellow seeker not a teacher. And his youtube videos are mostly rambling I've not watched them for years now, everytime I open one to see if there's something new or interesting I close it fast because it's just rambling of the mind. The real value he offers are the experiments he runs on himself, the trip reports, the protocols he comes up with, his blog videos where he talks about himself or his trips. I'd say his blog is of much greater value than his youtube channel. As the forum I hang here because of the people he managed to gather a community around this angle of attack on consciousness, reality, existence etc.

Whenever I watch his videos, I find him oddly both arrogant and very empathic. So his demeanor is not putting me off because I see it more like a shell which allows him to function in life and protect his vulnerable side. 

I'm mostly here for the philosophy and mind related aspects of philosophy/self-help. Which means I'm not bothered in the slightest by his bluntness. I also like his sincerity and casual way of talking.

One can also see that depending on his phases that he can be really compassionate, loving and conscious, or sometimes more blunt and protective of himself.

Awakening is no small deal, and removing the ego-shell to sink in total vulnerability when you've got a large platform like he does is probably very difficult. 

At the end, it all depends on whether or not you can accept Leo for who he his. Overall, he's a very nice chap and one can see through his actions that he is very loving of everyone. It should matter much more than whatever word or vibe that can bother you.

Edited by Etherial Cat

Man, if this many people from around the world talked about me everyday I'd probably lose it. 

◭"89"

5 minutes ago, Khr said:

Many of Leo’s fans are also INTPs so his approach works for them. People who are more sensitive will find Leo’s approach too autistic.

I wouldn't be so dichotomous. I'm INFP and I have no problem with this. It's more about how fragile your ego is.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Just now, Thought Art said:

Man, if this many people from around the world talked about me everyday I'd probably lose it. 

@Thought Art  Or you will be forced to embody the Truth that you are imagening them ?

Just now, Zion said:

I'd consider not worrying about how he goes about his personality & YouTube Channel, thats not a major importance to the work he puts out. It's the content & overall teaching he puts out that give them their value & importance. 

@Zion Yep! Leo says "Don't make this about Leo". 

Learn what you can and don't get tricked by projections and distractions. 

I feel bad for people who cannot see this. Hopefully this thread will change thair mind ehhehe 

1 minute ago, Khr said:

It’s not about the ego. Some people simply pick up more on his bitterness than others. 

I had no issues with his videos until I started to read the stuff he writes in this forum. What value does it do to anyone when he, for example, calls tall women “giraffes”? If someone is comfortable to publicly insult people for something they can’t change, they have no EQ. Not everyone is going to see this as an issue though.

Sure, giraffe comments aren't my cup of tea either, but I don't think the bitterness is the main thing that turns people off from the videos. It has more to do with how your deepest beliefs are being questioned.

The attitude is just the nail in the coffin and something for your ego to project on. People can handle bitter people just fine when they agree with them. Just open Destiny's or Vaush's Twitch chat ?

Leo's personality is actually very masculine in nature. Direct, never losing frame, not giving a shit what other people think. Masculine love tends to be harsh and challenging because that is what you need to hear to grow.

@Leo Gura 

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The plain truth is that I've always been kind of a jerk

Interesting how this adds up with you saying that "i used to be a huge nice guy to girls". 

12 minutes ago, Karmadhi said:

@Leo Gura 

Interesting how this adds up with you saying that "i used to be a huge nice guy to girls". 

Nice guys are only nice until they know for sure the girl doesn't give a flying fuck about them.

Then, they aren't so nice xD

No but seriously guys, this conversation is going full circle, time to do something more productive that you really care about.

We'll open the next "Leo is an ass" post in a month, promise ! xD

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

If he was some fake-smiling fake-positive idiot I could have never finished watching any of his videos 

just be and flow

if it resonates - good / if it doesn’t - good

will find his right audience, I’m sure

1 hour ago, Khr said:

I guess for me it’s the other way around then, no matter how much I agree with someone, if they are bitter, they lose their credibility. Bitterness is a big red flag.

Just curious: do you like Jordan Peterson?

51 minutes ago, Stovo said:

Leo's personality is actually very masculine in nature. Direct, never losing frame, not giving a shit what other people think. Masculine love tends to be harsh and challenging because that is what you need to hear to grow.

I’m not so sure of this. I think he is brave enough to embrace his feminine side too ?

@vedame Masculine dominant, but he his teachings are really feminine. Love, holism, systems thinking etc.. 

◭"89"

is this thread for real?

Who the fuck cares?

As long as he is being authentic and by teaching millions of people he is changing the world for the better, I don't give a damn. 

He is being one of the most valuable people on Earth by providing all those incredible deep videos on YouTube. 

And all you can criticize is his manners?

Give me a fucking break.

I thought this forum is full of higher consciousness people, not some pussies...

Fake growth at its finest

I advise you to stop using the forum and get to work on yourselves, forget enlightenment and pursue common sense first

@KhrLeo will resonate with some more than others. That's how it goes. 

But the way you reference "EQ" there to label and dismiss people, it's disgusting and reprehensible 

@Ghost I find it ridiculous too haha 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.