Jon_Bundesen

There is one thing that stops me from learning

8 posts in this topic

As I have been self-actualizing I have found this accruing pattern that stops me from learning.

I don't know what it is called but when I am unfocused or distracted while watching a video I don't understand how the techniques work therefore I blame and say they don't work.

I think its a form of self-deception because when I do make myself one hundred percent committed I understand the techniques and are able to get out of my root.

Does anybody know what is the thing called which makes me unfocused and distracted? (I feel like having a word for it I will make it easier for me to call it out)

Edited by Jon_Bundesen

There's LEVELS to this shit!!!

Good video on stage yellow thinking, and openness to experience (which might be relevant to what you're dealing with.)

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

@Megan Alecia Thanks :)

@Charlotte

Recently it was the negotiating technique on how to stop procrastinating.

I have watched the video like 4-5 times and criticized it for not working until recently where I really tried to understand what Leo's advice was, and then puff I realized how powerful the technique is.

The worst thing is that this always keeps me stuck because when it happens I'm so cut up in it that I'm not able to see it.

Edited by Jon_Bundesen

When watching a video or reading a book always take notes and organize the information. Mind mapping is great for this because it gives the impression that something is being built. We love building things. It turns ideas into lego blocks, building out a map of something. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@integral I have a commonplace book (Onenote 2010) where I take notes and organizing them but does that also include mind mapping. I saw something on a note-taking app that was called obsidian.MD and it had a really swear mind mapping/ graph view feature but I have found any plugin or add-ins you can use with OneNote 2010

graph-view.png

Edited by Jon_Bundesen

@Jon_Bundesen Not completely sure, but it looks like OneNote is not built for that, obsidian.md generates that map (its not a mind map) and so there is no benefits, the benefits come from the act of building the map, its a motivation thing that plain text doesn't come with. 

Mindomo try this out see if mind mapping is something that works for you. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@integral For me, Mindomo also seems great for having a big picture over projects :)