math159w

i can't tell if I'm going insane, help?

41 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Victor Nunes said:

@The0Self If I belive in it and you don’t, what happen? Too much relativism for me.

Truth/Reality is unchangeable, we can get more or less adequate to it.

Again, there is no reality. Truth, or Being, or what is, is all there is. If (it appears that) one person believes one thing and another believes something else, that's a disagreement, which causes strife. If there were no strife, there could not be overcoming of strife, which would be a limitation of what is -- there is no limitation. There is no mistake.

Edited by The0Self

@math159w What you experience on a psychedelic gives you a glimpse of ultimate reality, which is that the entire cosmos is just a dream. Everything still exists, within the dream, but you understand that it is just a dream. I call it lucid dreaming. Even as a character, bound within the dream, you directly realize your ultimate nature as Consciousness itself.

Awakening doesn't cause anything to stop existing, it is the profound realization that ultimately, nothing existed in the first place. Even if you are awake, your character remains limited by the dream itself. In one of his videos, Leo pointed out that while on a psychedelic, he couldn't transform the bookcase in his room into some other object. We are still limited by the laws of the cosmos, because we are characters within the cosmos. The good news is, we can directly realize our ultimate nature, and greatly improve the quality of our dream.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

28 minutes ago, Victor Nunes said:

This does not mean that what I perceived, even tiny, wasn’t real, right? The doctor who took me from my mother, and my mother, and the Hospital, were all real.

What you perceive is real to you. A memory of  perception isn't.

What exactly is your mother? hospital? you?

The problem here is that we come into a conversation, discussion or whatever you may call this with that baggage I had mentioned before. By baggage I mean assumptions, beliefs, attachment, we take a certain position over things. We must see beyond this, otherwise it is like cutting water.

Edited by karkaore

Yes, it was real to me. I couldnt get the total reality, but what I perceive was part of reality.

Mother, hospital, me were manifestations from Supreme One (or God).

The baggage is allowing us to chat here in English and exchange experiences.

You imagine that you have been there in the past and now you are here.

Look, time appears to exist and you appear to be moving through time which is not the case. Now is not moving through time, time appears to exist within Now.

Your memories are your creations, constructions. They are not true. There is one truth. You are here and now, you have always been.

13 minutes ago, Victor Nunes said:

The baggage is allowing us to chat here in English and exchange experiences.

Yeah, maybe 1% of it. The rest is trash.

We exchange ideas, not experiences.

Edited by karkaore

Just 1%? I would say if were not the idiom that you have in your mind (memorized) you wouldn’t even know this channel, right?

Tell me the difference of ideas and experience?

9 minutes ago, Victor Nunes said:

Tell me the difference of ideas and experience?

Apple. Now you have an image of an apple in your mind. Notice the difference between the idea of an apple and an actual apple. You can smell the actual apple, you can taste it. Can you smell the idea of an apple?

Edited by karkaore

Yes, you have the reason in this point, and I agree with you. The idea is just a representation of real apple, as well as the language is a bunch of signals which represent our experiences. But allow me to keep the point that it is a reality for all, not I create mine and you yours. This is denying reality. Otherwise how would you show me what an apple is?

Edited by Victor Nunes

You are miss-identifying yourself with what you are not at this point.

@karkaore no man.

All knowledge came by association, we do not create anything, just capture it by association.

If we were God we would know many things we dont know. You know what a “taturana” is?  No, until the moment you associate with something you know, reading the dictionary or open the google to see a picture 

God could know all, not we. 

Edited by Victor Nunes

2 minutes ago, Victor Nunes said:

All knowledge came by association, we do not create anything, just capture it by association.

Just a thought experiment. Imagine there is nothing else but you. You just came into being and that was it. Just you. What do you associate yourself with? There is nothing for you to associate yourself with, is there? In this thought experiment knowledge as we know it collapses. There is no more knowledge.

What stays?

@karkaore I understand your point mate, and partially agree with you. But would be impossible even to do this experiment withou know what is “thought” what is “experiment” what is “associate” 

and to know all those things we have fatally to associate.

if you prove me a knowledge without association I will give up, otherwise seems like you are seeking to hide from reality, and you know that is not like that.

Edited by Victor Nunes

6 hours ago, math159w said:

so about a week ago, i indulged myself in a 300ug acid trip and stumbled upon leo's "guided exercise for realizing you are god". now, i have been watching his content for a while, and i love it, but that video seriously fucked with my mind. one thing is recontextualizing the experience of my body and objects etc., but i just can't wrap my mind around the whole "other people don't exist" thing. i'm not denying nor enforcing that notion, it's just such a mindfuck that i can't seem to make sense of. on one hand, it makes perfect sense after what i experienced/have been experiencing this entire week, but on the other hand, i can't shake the idea of me just being completely insane if that theory is wrong. is my current experience the only thing that exists? do you exist? i just need to know, it's painful being on this middleground.

Bring to mind peacefulness, kindness, appreciation, and how do you feel?

Bring to mind that you are a person... that you are not a person... that there are people... that there are not people, how do those thoughts feel?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

33 minutes ago, Victor Nunes said:

@karkaore no man.

If we were God we would know many things we dont know. You know what a “taturana” is?  No, until the moment you associate with something you know, reading the dictionary or open the google to see a picture 

God could know all, not we. 

If by all you mean infinity, that cannot be known. There is nothing else other than infinity, so nothing can know it. And yet God knows everything. A contradiction. God-consciousness understands the universe -- that is what reality is -- it's a dream of trying to know the infinite (there is no reality).

Edited by The0Self

23 minutes ago, Victor Nunes said:

if you prove me a knowledge without association I will give up

@Victor Nunes Prove to me that you can know anything. You can't. By associating things, comparing them, describing them by their shape or whatever, their value relative to us we create and invent "knowledge." It is not true knowledge. It's an invention that serves us.

I don't mean this kind of knowledge.

Proof becomes just belief if it is not experienced directly by us.

Edited by karkaore

Me and you know a language for communication. What is this if not knowledge? Of course it exists more profound knowledge. But this is a knowledge anyway. And it is association and memory. I’m sorry to say that true

Edited by Victor Nunes

We are going in circles in this conversation. :D

Language is a construct to begin with.

Take away a "construction" and you got real knowledge!

@karkaore yes, we will get the experience itself, also knowable by our senses. We have to understand we are humans.

By the way, thanks for the discussion