spiritualryan

internal anger for psychedelics being illegal and stigmatized.

12 posts in this topic

i don't think i have as much attachment to this topic as i do for anything else. these ignorant fucks (the US government) are the reason i can't gain further progress on my spiritual work because apparently owning psychedelics is as bad as owning heroin. i think it could even be debated all drugs should be legal anyways, but thats besides the point. FUCKING PSYCHEDELICS THOUGH??? ARE THESE FUCKING IDIOTS BRAINDEAD? IM SERIOUSLY SO DAMN PISSED THAT IT'S LIKE THIS... no i was not born yesterday i'm aware it's been like this, but jesus christ now i can't wrap my head around why? i just want to get the incredible benefits they offer (acid/shrooms, maybe 5 meo in a couple years.) i'm just ranting here because theres no where else i can talk about this. it's so infuriating. any thoughts?

It's put in place because it interferes with the status quo by it being legal, as seen with the "counter"culture movement.  If it was legal, society would change. That's why it's illegal

Genesis 27:27-29

There are various ways to use psychedelics completely legally in the U.S. It just usually costs more, and you have to jump through some hoops. For example, you can go to an ayahuasca retreat for one weekend for $375 in Kentucky. You have two nights of consumption in a row where you’re allowed to drink as much as you please essentially. Integration and discussion add to the experience. This isn’t the popular location in Kentucky reported on by Vice. That one seems questionable. It’s legal because it is protected by the first amendment as it is facilitated by a recognized Native American religious organization. There are plenty of other similar organizations offering peyote and several other psychedelics. Membership to some of these organizations allows for you to possess and use certain psychedelics on your own. You simply cannot sell, gift, or have too much in your possession at a single time to be protected legally. Legal protection only extends to spiritual use. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

I'm not even sure if I fully agree with Terence here, but I just like quoting him from time to time :):

quote-psychedelics-are-illegal-not-becau

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Ayahausca and peyote is certainly not legal in the US for non-natives.

It's just mostly not enforced cause no one cares.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Ayahausca and peyote is certainly not legal in the US for non-natives.

It's just mostly not enforced cause no one cares.

Well, through doing some research on this, I’ve found that we are both right in ways. Both ayahuasca and peyote have been shown through court cases to be legal for non-natives, but full legal protection for non-native church members has only been given for certain churches or certain states. The bottom line is that in many cases this is a legal gray area for many of the churches advertising as if the legality is clear for their church. 

A lot of these churches marketing themselves as fully protected by the law for the use of various psychedelics are not being completely honest as these churches are typically using the cases of other churches to back their claims. There’s an issue because they, in most cases, have not gone through litigation to actually establish clear legality for their specific organizations. 

There are two churches which have received positive U.S. Supreme Court rulings for ayahuasca use which protect all members — native or not — of those churches in using ayahuasca in ceremony. The church I joined to partake in the ayahuasca retreat I mentioned above is not one of these two, however, it has actually won a court case for non-native use of peyote among an array of other cases. This was a state case in Utah which does not necessarily extend to states which have conflicting laws. The case was won because the language in Utah’s laws clearly did not limit use to natives although the state tried and failed to use the native-only point as the basis of their argument. An individual from the same church won a case in New Hampshire’s Supreme Court for possession of magic mushrooms. The church clearly states that members who follow their code of ethics can possess multiple plant-based psychedelics and lists the amounts allowed for personal possession. They act as if this is true at the federal level. The church has not gone through litigation at the federal level to make this 100% clear. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 

13 hours ago, spiritualryan said:

i don't think i have as much attachment to this topic as i do for anything else. these ignorant fucks (the US government) are the reason i can't gain further progress on my spiritual work because apparently owning psychedelics is as bad as owning heroin. i think it could even be debated all drugs should be legal anyways, but thats besides the point. FUCKING PSYCHEDELICS THOUGH??? ARE THESE FUCKING IDIOTS BRAINDEAD? IM SERIOUSLY SO DAMN PISSED THAT IT'S LIKE THIS... no i was not born yesterday i'm aware it's been like this, but jesus christ now i can't wrap my head around why? i just want to get the incredible benefits they offer (acid/shrooms, maybe 5 meo in a couple years.) i'm just ranting here because theres no where else i can talk about this. it's so infuriating. any thoughts?

Yeah, I think many of us on this forum feel this way. What's awesome about living in this era is that you can influence the situation in a positive way.

Psychedelics are going through a renaissance and it's on us to make a change.

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)

People can easily get them anyway so who cares.

@spiritualryan Psychedelics are easy in the U.S. . . . Be low-key about it and don’t do stupid shit while tripping. You’ll be fine.  . . If you want to see hard, check out Japan. 

12 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

@spiritualryan Psychedelics are are easy in the U.S. . . . Be low-key about it and don’t do stupid shit while tripping. You’ll be fine.  . . If you want to see hard, check out Japan. 

In China they treat even marijuana super strictly. 

lol dude the US government is not a very effective roadblock from accessing psychedelics if it's what you're looking for. probably some of the easiest stuff to acquire online and make your own plant medicine brews at home. if anything the US is probably one of the best countries to live in to do psychedelics. there are churches that do ayahuasca that are legal and peyote is practiced legally in the US. 

Edited by Lyubov