Kay100

Is life harder for good looking male or female?

77 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Display_Name said:

The funny thing is it 100% is measurable. Facial proportions, body proportions, skin quality, bone mass, bone placement, eye width, eye slant, eye hooding, symmetry, just to name a few, are all markers of physical fitness, hormonal makeup, genetic quality and measureably attractive according to evolutionary psychology. Keep coping, though.

And there is a world of difference between how you are treated and what's offered to you according to how you look, just open your eyes and observe. It's almost comical how brutal it is, just gotta pay some attention. 

Lookism is deeply hardwired into us. Hell even after many awakenings I still find myself treating and valuing people completely differently based on appearance. I'm just conscious of and honest about it.

Theres about a million studies confirming lookism but you just gotta open your eyes tbh.

@Display_Name But who's to say what is defined as beauty? Huh? Who's to hold the authority on what is defined as beauty? 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

Just now, diamondpenguin said:

@Display_Name But who's to say what is defined as beauty? Huh? Who's to hold the authority on what is defined as beauty? 

Lol. It's not about authority or definitions. No one defines beauty, and yet it's registered, evaluated and reacted to subconsciously within milliseconds. It's about moment to moment feedback.

5 minutes ago, Display_Name said:

Lol. It's not about authority or definitions. No one defines beauty, and yet it's registered, evaluated and reacted to subconsciously within milliseconds. It's about moment to moment feedback.

crazy when you think about it.  everyone having eyes, nose, mouth, etc. and everyone looking different but depending on the shapes and sizes of features, it either makes you more attractive or less.  and how each part of the face has it's own place.  why not a nose on the forehead or eyes on the cheeks.

My looks gave me a huge advantage, i received far more attention as a child and was given better treatment, constant words of affirmation and encouragement by everyone.  Eventually i realized what was happening by seeing how everyone else wasn't getting as much attention, it became frustrating to watch as people would blindly praise me in-front of others, not realizing that they where making everyone else feel inadequate. Some of the advantages are: better cognitive development, better social development, better outlook on life, higher financial success, Better relationships with everyone (people like you easier and trust you easier)... Its a significant advantage

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

20 minutes ago, Display_Name said:

@Display_Name What you pretty much said here is: "Everyone lives like an unconscious animal". Please explain more about this subconscious registration of beauty. 

2 minutes ago, integral said:

My looks gave me a huge advantage, i received for more attention as a child and was given better treatment, constant words of affirmation and encouragement by everyone.  Eventually i realized what was happening by seeing how everyone else wasn't getting as much attention, it became frustrating to watch as people would blindly praise me in-front of others, not realizing that they where making everyone else feel inadequate. Some of the advantages are: better cognitive development, better social development, better outlook on life, higher financial success, Better relationships with everyone (people like you easier)... Its a significant advantage. 

yeah if you are a cute baby or a cute kid you'll get lots of attention.  

too much praise can make you overly cocky or narcissistic though.  did this happen with you? 

16 minutes ago, diamondpenguin said:

@Display_Name What you pretty much said here is: "Everyone lives like an unconscious animal". Please explain more about this subconscious registration of beauty. 

Hey maybe your bubble of infinite imagination is some spiritual utopia, if so, invite me some time! I wouldn't dare draw absolutes. Here though, I just open my eyes and observe the divine comedy. Unconscious animals indeed.

If you like I can post some sciencey studies and stuff lol

Edited by Display_Name

10 minutes ago, intotheblack said:

too much praise can make you overly cocky or narcissistic though.  did this happen with you? 

Luckily i was an autistic that could barely read, write or spell so it balanced it all out. lmao. Confidence was not high. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

3 hours ago, diamondpenguin said:

Good-looking is obviously 100 percent subjective. A lot of group thinkers will call me wrong, but hey. Measure beauty. 

Facts. 

+ (From my experience as a guy), how "good looking" & confident I feel is a lot dependent on how I dress, shave, smell & my body language. 

The way you style yourself dress & carry yourself has a huge impact on attractiveness & style alone can get you attention you want.

I know this is irrelevant to question being asked, but, don't focus on your looks (immutable), focus on how to feature your unique look & personality. That's it. 

Edited by Striving for more

3 hours ago, Striving for more said:

@integral Your good looks lead to better cognitive development? 

Haha how so ? 

lol i know what you mean, there is likely a small increase not that big, but generally if your good looking you received better developmental paths vai nutrition and exercise. Good looking people tend to have all done some amount of physical activity young, its not all genetics. but of course there are alot of dumb good looking people... 

Edited by integral

1 hour ago, Striving for more said:

Facts. 

+ (From my experience as a guy), how "good looking" & confident I feel is a lot dependent on how I dress, shave, smell & my body language. 

The way you style yourself dress & carry yourself has a huge impact on attractiveness & style alone can get you attention you want.

I know this is irrelevant to question being asked, but, don't focus on your looks (immutable), focus on how to feature your unique look & personality. That's it. 

Ok, that's some really good advice right there mate. Be authentically you, and take care of yourself pretty much. 

Hey guys, what about the jealousy part? Is that often not much an issue for good looking people? Do people admire them more than feeling jealous towards them? I don’t mean celebrities but ordinary people.

You're only good looking if you're humble.

Kinda like saying life is harder for wealthy people.

People like nice looking things. When I see a beautiful woman theres something that lights up in me.

You will get treated better all else equal the more good looking you are.

Classic halo effect. 

Source. r/iamverygoodlooking

Edited by Raptorsin7

15 hours ago, Striving for more said:

Facts. 

Lol.

subjective.PNG

Beauty is subjective, just carry yourself well bro

Edited by Display_Name

1 minute ago, Display_Name said:

Lol.

subjective.PNG

Beauty is subjective, just carry yourself well bro

Haha facts

3 hours ago, Display_Name said:

Lol.

subjective.PNG