Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
freejoy

Who wants to be a Saint?

19 posts in this topic

I want to be a Saint. I think it's the best?

Edited by freejoy

A Saint is completely fresh and new. Didn’t come from anywhere and isn’t going anywhere. Decisions are replaced with pure faith and selflessness, and there’s essentially no one left to care. They’re dead to the world; awake to what is, alone.

Edited by The0Self

2 minutes ago, The0Self said:

A Saint is completely fresh and new. Didn’t come from anywhere and isn’t going anywhere. Decisions are replaced with pure faith and selflessness, and there’s essentially no one left to care. They’re dead to the world; awake to what is, alone.

I want to be a rich powerful Enlightened Saint!

Just now, freejoy said:

I want to be a rich powerful Enlightened Saint!

Most people would. Too bad ? 

Just now, The0Self said:

Most people would. Too bad ? 

Okay

I want to be a healthy rich powerful immortal Enlightened Saint!

1 hour ago, freejoy said:I want to be a healthy rich powerful immortal Enlightened Saint!

You realise some of these things contradict eachother right? Saints are usually poor and very mortal. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

@Bodhitree Its a matter of times. Saints didnt have Wordly knowledge, technology, etc.

@freejoy

Theres a big risk going for non duality if you dont have your life situations prepared for it. Better get money, then go non dual. Im telling you from experience, I got stepped on while going non dual and being in the matrix. Not happening again. At the same time, you will always need truth for your private life. Its the balancer.

Edited by Kalki Avatar

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

2 hours ago, The0Self said:

Great definition. There is any saint in the world? I never met any

bernard moitessier comes to mind, he was going to be the first winner of the vendee globe, after going around the world alone and nonstop on a sailboat, in the 70s, skirting Antarctica in inhuman conditions, a short distance from the Arrival, in France, I thought that the arrival, the crowd, the prize of 1 million pounds, the fame, were going to be negative, and that his peace was perfect, so he turned around and went around the world again

3 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

I’m already a Latter-Day Saint, according to the church’s official records. AMA

Did you get converted by pretty Mormon girls? xD

2 hours ago, Kalki Avatar said:

@Bodhitree Its a matter of times. Saints didnt have Wordly knowledge, technology, etc.

@freejoy

Theres a big risk going for non duality if you dont have your life situations prepared for it. Better get money, then go non dual. Im telling you from experience, I got stepped on while going non dual and being in the matrix. Not happening again. At the same time, you will always need truth for your private life. Its the balancer.

But the process of deciding whether/how to hold-off the insight / letting-go of ground-structure-beliefs (I am real, I am here, I have a life, my life has purpose, etc) is not only completely out of anyone’s hands, it’s not even happening. There’s quite a bit of fear here since I don’t know what will happen.

I guess “you” just went with “choosing to avoid self-inquiry,” etc? I had a major glimpse yesterday that was almost the end of me, and no practice was even seeming to take place — though there’s the memory that a sort of question did appear; something like “just how mind-blowing must the complete truth be?” The answer I guess is: infinitely. Literally was about to get in bed to sleep and then flash... life-story nearly ended, it seems.

A bright side that “I’m” seeing (i.e. that I seem to probably be making up, even though probability isn’t real...) is this could be viewed as “real me waking up.” I find that comforting.

Edited by The0Self

@The0Self The thing with waking up in the Middle of the jungle (Matrix) is that you literally start acting like God. So, your survival-antagonist filters are dropped. So, if the people around you sense your armors are down, you can get fucked up easily. How? Well, first of all most of them get jelly on you because of your calmness, joy, silence, freedom, peace, love, self suffiency and being different. This last one, "being different" is the highest trigger, because they cant identify with you, which means to their survival mechanism that you are a stranger (threat) to them. See, even if you are a stranger but act like the majority of personas in your culture, they can identify with you and feel comfortable. And, when you give this image of not having an armor, theres no room of respect for you. Some people might like you like this, but they wont take you serious. Why? Because of your lame body language, facial expressions, Calm tonality, little personality, and all the other honest signals. 

When you are on the spiritual path, no one understands you. They think theres something wrong with you. So they see you as a weirdo. You wont care about any of this, but this doesnt mean it wont affect your image as a body-mind organism. If you are not financially free, people at work will spread rumors about you, play games on you, lie, try to get into your head, influence you, make you unhappy and even get you in problems to be fired.

Your ability to fight back reduces with out a strong ego persona, theres not much influence coming from you and social control. Also, your thought process is very reduced due to Spiritual practice, so your mind wont work the same way at that moment. Its a difficult position to be at. You are mostly under others will, externally. Also, as you do alot of spiritual work, your awareness has gone inside and its carrying momentum in that way. When awareness its inwardly focused with momentum, you are not very mindful of social situations, because you are beyond socializing. You can socializa, but its different. You dont see with the same lenses and skill of the average person who socializes everyday in his culture. Meaning, you appear as an introvert to the World, so be ready to be attacked as socially weak. It becomes annoying at certain point.

And this is not to say, something leo has never mentioned. When you start to crumble your World-ego, you loose confidence. Your ego is the anchor of your consciousness to be mobile and skilled in the matrix. Thats why you see many people in the spiritual community trying to become confident, but its counter intuitive. You can only get absolute certainty in the spiritual path, at the final stages or enligthenment. At the initial, Middle stages its hell. All your worldviews/frames start to shake, so your confidence levels that were anchored in them. The main thing you need for confidence is a strong mental framework. You need strong self belief in you and an ideology (I use truth/spirituality to make the trick). Literally, if you want alot of confidence, get in a challenging/conflictive situation. While you are in it, your mind will delude you to believe in things so you can act out of them, which will create an identity. Do this repeatedly and you will have a pumped up proud ego (true confidence). In my case, i discovered this by randomness. I went through my awakening in a third World country and challenging enviornments. The situations were getting more conflictive so i had to grow an ego to survive. By learning how to deal with enviornments and studying them I got alot of confidence as a by product. Not even by trying to get it. Now, I have knowledge, higher awareness and confidence (ego-strong mental frame). Fastest way, go to war and come back alive. 

Im not saying to avoid spiritual work, but to do it strategically. If you push it to far, all will go down. Investigate negative beliefs, emotions, relax, be present, breathe well. This can improve you superficially.

Edited by Kalki Avatar

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

Me, where do I sign up?

Saint Solar Bling at your service.

B|

17 hours ago, Kalki Avatar said:

@freejoy

It seems so. It seems to this ego that it should get everything ready, get the land and flower garden, the beautiful cliff overlooking the valley, the walk in fridge with all the organic food, the little hanger with your airplane and private runway. Beautiful house with all the saintly girls ready to have your babies. Then go for non-dual Enlightenment.

But if enlightenment is heaven why bother with those things?

18 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I want to be a sage not a saint

What is the difference?

17 hours ago, Bodhitree said:

You realise some of these things contradict eachother right? Saints are usually poor and very mortal. 

Yeah maybe, you know if your a Saint you can't say it as that wouldn't be saintly : )

Some Enlightened Ones are very wealthy, just look at Jim Carrey.

Since we never die and we never were born but we have this body (vehicle) and I've never seen an Enlightened One who wanted to his vehicle to stop working, that would be like having your car break down on side of the road. It appears God (the infinite intelligent void) is trying to make our vehicle immortal. 

16 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Great definition. There is any saint in the world? I never met any

I'm not sure if one can really set being a Saint as a goal.

A Saint would be invisible.

Edited by freejoy