vedame

Let’s Talk About the Higher Self

17 posts in this topic

In one episode, Leo talks about how threat triggers crossing the boundary between our higher and lower selves.

What are your experiences with identifying these triggers in your life?

How have you solved these triggers?

How do you define your higher self?

How do you connect to it?

What helps your practice of raising your awareness of your emotional body?

How does the emotional body link to the higher and lower selves in us?

There is no boundary. There is nothing to be solved or understood. You are already everything you ever wanted, the only thing that holds you back from seeing that is the attempt to become it. When you try to become something you simultaneously say that you're not it already; that you're lacking. What if you are already confident, charismatic and happy, but the search for a path to become those things hides them. What if you are God already but the search to find God feeds the illusion that you aren't? 

Edited by traveler

30 minutes ago, Kalo said:

The higher self and the lower self are identical. The higher self, aka God, reveals the fact that there is only the higher Self. It's impossible to seperate the ego from God, cuz Only God IS. 

The ego will keep being the ego and do it's thing, but the illusion has now been seen through and cannot be believed again. 

"I am God" is Absolute Truth. God is what you are, Always.

I used to deny this, but right now I'm sublimely conscious that I am God.

2 minutes ago, traveler said:

There is no boundary. There is nothing to be solved or understood. You are already everything you ever wanted, the only thing that holds you back from seeing that is the attempt to become it. When you try to become something you simultaneously say that you're not it already. What if you are already confident, charismatic and happy, but the search for a path to become those things hides them. What if you are God already but the search to find God feeds the illusion that you aren't? 

Both of them are right, but this isn’t likely to help you much from where you’re asking the question. 

The most likely way to connect to your higher self is to develop love. The more total the love, the closer you are. Shoot me a PM if you want any pointers on that process. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

3 hours ago, Kalo said:

The ego will keep being the ego and do it's thing, but the illusion has now been seen through and cannot be believed again. 

"I am God" is Absolute Truth. God is what you are, Always.

5 meo lately? Yes, there is only you, the one, playing a strange cosmic game with yourself

Love to you and us all

19 minutes ago, Kalo said:

Make no mistake about it and have no doubt about it, the ego is a total illusion. What, except the ego, will deny the beautiful Truth that you are God? What, except the Devil itself?

The Conscious Truth that I am God actually made me cry not long ago cuz never before has it been so clear, then I just listened to music and danced as God in a way which made my body feel something I've never felt before, self-love, love for being God, so I cried some more.

Never again will I deny what I am.

Never again will I let the devil take hold of me as it has before.

if you make deals with the devil you always lose. but it is so tempting that it is difficult to give it up, even if over and over again we see that its reward is a fraud.

The Father and The Son are One.

One Breath. One Being.

I myself connect to or even 'switch places' with the 'higher self' mostly through the power of music. And also often when I'm posting here. I can feel 'it' 'taking over'. I'm still here, having my own experience, but the wheel is in 'its hands'. 

Some other methods for establishing the connection are; meditation, breathwork, psychedelics, prayer, or even just simply talking to 'it' directly.

Opening up for the connection is a form of art, really. One must be comfortable with surrendering their will.

Edited by ivankiss

6 hours ago, vedame said:

How do you define your higher self?

My higher self is your higher self and everyones higher self. Believing in a personal higher self is called "heresy of separedness " in some esoteric circles.

6 hours ago, vedame said:

How do you connect to it?

Orgasm and other sexual things.

@Kalo That must have been some good weed!

43 minutes ago, SolarWarden said:

My higher self is your higher self and everyones higher self. Believing in a personal higher self is called "heresy of separedness " in some esoteric circles.

From this perspective the very word “self” is unreal. So lower/higher self makes no sense, nor the distinction between them.

The Highest Self is just one, eternal, infinite, stillness.

We, talking here, are limited, finite, imperfect. Imperfect manifestation of the One. Little imperfect ones imitating the Supreme One. Tiny tiny parts of him.

All is one, but in different levels

ego-developmentloevingercookgreuter-7-63

Content of ones Knowing is contained by the structure of the higher stage. Higher self becomes available when distinctions to structure are made, turning that structure into content. When structure is integrated it becomes the content of ones knowing. 

There is a 6th and 7th order... 

Ive found it useful to mind map what can be seen as object and what what one is subject to. Sort of like feeling out the cave. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

8 hours ago, vedame said:

From this perspective the very word “self” is unreal. So lower/higher self makes no sense, nor the distinction between them.

Probably if we use that type of language.

I think it more like this. Impersonal divine (higher self) permanent individuality (soul) and present personality (ego).

The journey is to transcend the false personality and have the permanent individuality to take over. Then unite the individuality with the higher self and achieve the goal of yoga ( union ).

The permanent individuality might be the higher self you are talking about. It is that which reincarnates but also eternal. It is not the ONE but it's goal is to unite with the ONE. All past life memories are stored there. You may not remember but it knows. You are it but also not. It absorbs spiritual experience you have and exalts itself through you.

Hint: it is also the thinker but not the thought process.

21 hours ago, SolarWarden said:

How do sex and orgasm help connect to / become oneness?

13 hours ago, SolarWarden said:

Probably if we use that type of language.

I think it more like this. Impersonal divine (higher self) permanent individuality (soul) and present personality (ego).

The journey is to transcend the false personality and have the permanent individuality to take over. Then unite the individuality with the higher self and achieve the goal of yoga ( union ).

The permanent individuality might be the higher self you are talking about. It is that which reincarnates but also eternal. It is not the ONE but it's goal is to unite with the ONE. All past life memories are stored there. You may not remember but it knows. You are it but also not. It absorbs spiritual experience you have and exalts itself through you.

Hint: it is also the thinker but not the thought process.

Thanks, I made a screenshot of this for myself ?