Phyllis Wagner

New Video: Is Masculine / Feminine also a construct?

37 posts in this topic

I get that Man & Woman are constructs created by society. 

But isn't it true that people born are naturally on a spectrum of masculinity/femininity in terms of behavior (Whatever you look like)? And then on some higher level some men are biologically attracted to other men and that is not something society forced on them.

So it is not like these categories are just coming out of the blue, of course there is tons of things tacked onto it but there is some biological basis to the man/woman/gay/trans identities at least, but to the unicorn identity/attack helicopter there is not. It seems like there is some biological push for these categories to exist.  

Leo made it sound like these are on the same playing field but I think they are actually not, can someone please clarify this.

Edited by Phyllis Wagner

Its one of the biggest religions of our times.

It’s all a construct. Just because it’s a construct doesn’t mean there isn’t a foundation from which it arises. He made it very clear that the gender constructs are incredibly useful. They are useful because they are aligned more with our current sets of constructs. If the idea that you’re alive is a construct, how is masculine and feminine somehow more primary than that? 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

he is saying, all of these are to greater or lesser degree, distractions from your true identity which is infinity

make good use of an identity to interact with folks but don't be fooled by it

he is not saying some identities are more valid than others, but that they are all utterly false

@BipolarGrowth Yeah but Leo made it seem like they were constructed out of thin air, and they just work so good because they have been refined over thousands of years. But what I am saying is that they were not constructed out of thin air but have a basis in a biology, unlike the unicorn identity.

@Phyllis Wagner Its just a story, defended and reinforced for thousands of years. 

Edited by TheDao

@Phyllis Wagner The basis on which they are constructed is as solid as thin air when viewed from a perspective which is different enough from your current understanding. To us, the helicopter example doesn’t make sense. It’s too extreme. To a helicopter, masculine and feminine don’t make sense. They’re too extreme. The reality is that there are “sentient beings” which many people have reported which are more different from humans than a helicopter is. You’ve gotta step outside of your own box far enough to see that the example is an understatement if anything. How does a uranium-based asexual life form without DNA which sustains itself through the consumption of grass fed black holes view masculinity and femininity? If you can’t see how that example I just gave is infinitely less imaginative than what is possible, I can’t get you to see it from my point of view. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Humans have something like masculine and feminine orientations.

But to essentialize masculine and feminine and treat them as though they apply across the universe is not correct I think. Some spiritual folk love to do that. As if consciousness is limited to such a narrow dichotomy.

A rock is not masculine nor feminine and an alien could be some other thing altogether.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Phyllis Wagner said:

It seems like there is some biological push for these categories to exist.  

It’s how the sphere of the world literally ‘self’ perpetuates. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Humans have something like masculine and feminine orientations.

But to essentialize masculine and feminine and treat them as though they apply across the universe is not correct I think. Some spiritual folk love to do that. As if consciousness is limited to such a narrow dichotomy.

A rock is not masculine nor feminine and an alien could be some other thing altogether.

Zen philosophy says the universe exists out of yin and yang, and masculine and feminine is just one manifestation of yin and yang. 

In Tate we trust

is something real. In a natural environment, unspoiled, without technology, the male human will quickly bring out his aggressiveness, start war, as it has always happened, and power relations. the female human will be perpetually pregnant and the maternal instinct will come out, and the old patterns will be imposed by nature

@Breakingthewall Thats just stories made up. Originated because a group of people needed to protect itself and males have more physical strength. So they need to objectify themselves and need 'to man up' so they can be used for war and die. Nature only gave men some more physical strength and women the possiblitiy to get children. All the things around it are made up stories. In modern times we don't need men with no connection to their feelings and very harsh and aggressive.  So these stories are changing now. Men are way different than 100 years ago. Men of 100 years ago would see us as ultra weak and we them probable as unsophisticated. This is very hard to deny these changes aren't they? We are moving from role mates to soul mates.

Edited by TheDao

@TheDao yeah I agree, but this what you talk about is in the last 100 years, comparing with 315,000. nowadays the roles do not make sense, but you have to admit their genetic origin

Masculine and Feminine is not a social construction, they are all manifestation of duality (opposition). Duality is a law in creation.

Masculine and Feminine are in Nature, and as humans are part of nature, it exists man and woman. 

Beyond all social construction are constructions of Consciousness itself.

Feminine and masculine are imaginings of Consciousness, similar to how pain, time, space, birth, death, and memories are. This is a much deeper level of construction than social construction. A human ego does not have access to these levels of construction and therefore takes them as "reality". The ego simply defines as "real" that which is outside its control, while assuming that its sphere of control is all that's possible.

In the end, every form is held and constructed by Consciousness. This includes all social constructions like money, gender, math, science, atoms, etc. Social construction is a small sub-set of Consciousness holding forms. Talking about social construction is really just a poor substitute for those who are not conscious enough to be aware of how Consciousness holds all forms.

If you could grasp how Consciousness holds forms -- this would be the key that answers everything. To put it simply, Consciousness dreams up any forms it wants: time, space, money, gender, atoms, science, numbers, words, people, etc. and then it holds them. Until it drops them.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

In the relative, yes, masculine and feminine are two polar opposite. We'd not be able to perceive either the masculine without the feminine nor the feminine without the masculine.

But in the absolute, it doesn't exist because only oneness exists there. So all dualities crumble.

At least, this is what I understand so far.

@Leo Gura yes.

All the things are in a perfect state in God’s mind. The Supreme Structures (ideas) we can say.

The social constructions are imperfect copies of that. And in this way, evil does not exist, is just a imperfect copy of some perfection, very relative.

I watch Leo's video "Is Gender A Social Construct"

I agree with what he says.

Things are changing, soon we are going to be altering our DNA so if one wants to see in the dark one might be able to splice into our DNA the DNA of the of an owl.

One might be able to change there male/female chromosomes. 

Leo was talking about how our definitions of what a man and woman is will change. But I'm sure we'll make new categories for the new types of humans and male/females are.

It's going to get interesting!

I agree with equal rights but not equal abilities. I know it's controversial but I don't agree it's normal to be homosexual. Homosexuals have a mental problem, the same as a person with some other mental problem. I'm not judging, I believe they "shouldn't" be discriminated against at all. In our world of 3D there is male/female. 

I look at it from the point of view as to how to raise ones children. One couldn't raise children by allowing them to do anything because in the absolute reality there is no right or wrong. It wouldn't be healthy for the child. One has to develop a strong healthy ego then transend it. In my view I like to relate spiritual concepts to children. Is it healthy for children to be total weirdos in school? Probably not.

Leo seem to be pointing to enlightenment in his video. In heaven there is nether male or female.

Edited by freejoy

@freejoy

It’s not normal to be heterosexual. Heterosexuals have a mental problem, same as a person with some other mental problem. Totally not ignorantly judging you here. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@freejoy

It’s not normal to be heterosexual. Heterosexuals have a mental problem, same as a person with some other mental problem. Totally not ignorantly judging you here. 

What kind of mental problem?

: )