Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lyubov

What skills and value do you need to provide to make it on Twitch/Youtube?

11 posts in this topic

I want to make content on these platforms and eventually become an online content creator that can support my survival needs off original, non-leechy content I put out on twitch & youtube. Mainly travel/tour content and sort of off the beaten path travel vlogs and live streams, food tours, a some sort of humor/vlog stuff that has to do with telling IRL stories. I also want to IRL stream bike rides and give live tours of place. I want to develop my personality so that I'm entertaining, charismatic and fun but also not click baiting and immature and drinking my own urine in public or anything like that lol. Wanna work in talking about psychedelics into my content as well and perhaps something to do with dating, men's fashion, travel, biking and motorcycles as well. 

Just wanna get some ideas, what does it take to grow a channel on twitch as a live streamer and youtube as a vlogger (besides technical stuff like having good gear and being able to edit stuff well which I have down) ??? What do you have to develop in yourself to become a charismatic content creator that is actually creating original content and not just talking about politics or reviewing and interviewing other people that are making content ?

PS: @Leo Gura audio in the life purpose course seems to be messed up and off on the videos, dunno if it's just me but the audio is gone. 

Edited by Lyubov

On 5/2/2021 at 8:50 PM, Sahil Pandit said:

@Lyubov "Get going, then get good."

yeah that's what I've started to do

hmm I guess it doesn't take a ton of planning just having fun with it and putting attention towards, brainstorming ideas for entertaining content, being consistent, etc 

You need 1k subscribers and 5k hours of watchtime in the past year to qualify for ads.

Skills? Oh you need to be unique!

unique is key for sure

I think also always having fun with it, not letting it become a grind so to speak but also putting in a lot of energy so consistent content is released. 

Projections are the most valuable ‘thing’. In a way, the only experience better than direct misunderstanding becoming understanding, is experiencing this vicariously. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

What you want to focus on right now is just to record stuff. That's how a lot of YouTubers/Twitch streamers start. They just do all sorts of things at the beginning. With time you'll start to resonate more with certain things and less with others and your path will start to crystalize right in front of you. Most people don't have a solid plan when they go in. It's pretty hard to know exactly what you want to do from day 1. Just look at Leo. He always did self-help, but his content changed and evolved over time. He slowly moved towards the content that he resonated with the most. You already have a general plan so try to follow it. Eventually you will find your niche. It might take some time until you're there though. Maybe you'll create a multitude of YouTube channels before you create the one that you will go through with. Quiet a lot of YouTubers start with channel A, get bored with it, start channel B, get bored with it and finally start channel C where they finally get it right.

I'm in a similar situation. I've got plans on doing tutorials and stuff (I'm a musician and I'd love to share my knowledge and understanding with others), but I still lack certain skills that I'd like to work on before I start taking things 100% seriously.

What I've started doing is to just record stuff. I just record myself making music and explaining stuff to an imaginary audience. I won't upload it or anything, I'm just doing it to get comfortable with recording myself and to find my flow.

I then go and re-watch the videos a couple of times and write down notes on what I could improve. Eventually, the things I've got to improve will become apparent. Hearing and seeing yourself from an outside perspective is really helpful for developing charisma. People often have a hard time comprehending what they look like from another perspective, but you'll slowly get a feeling for it. You can also do the classic and practice by talking to yourself in the mirror.

There are other things I'll only be able to learn once I start putting my videos out there. Once I do that I can start asking questions such as: "Have I gotten my point across efficiently? Do people understand what I'm trying to communicate? Do they find it engaging?" and collect feedback which will then help me grow even more.

I guess that you'd want to take a similar approach. Start getting comfortable with the camera. Take notes and try to see in which ways you could improve. Once you're somewhat there you just start putting out stuff and collect feedback.

On 5/7/2021 at 5:37 AM, Lyubov said:

I think also always having fun with it, not letting it become a grind so to speak but also putting in a lot of energy so consistent content is released. 

This is very true. Balance is highly important. It all depends on what you're trying to achieve. If you want to be like the biggest YouTube celebrity ever you'd probably want to grind really hard, but if you just want to make a little bit of money while enjoying what you're doing then you'd want to do a little bit of grinding here and a little bit of relaxation there. You can start recording a road trip and just record it and have fun. Then when you come home you sit down and start grinding, by going through all the footage and editing the videos and all of that stuff.

I hope that I could offer a little bit of value to your journey. Good luck! ✌️

beep boop

Youtube and Twitch require very different skillsets.

Youtube is more about documenting. Twitch is more about interacting with your audience.

For an example of someone I think is a really original and great and unique travel Youtuber, check out Bald and Bankrupt if you haven't heard of him.

Like Sahil mentioned, you will likely need to work on other platforms to funnel people to your content too. For a travel vlogger I'd at least have an Instagram as well.

Thanks for the advice guys. I have heard this about Twitch before. What I'm thinking of doing is live streaming on twitch and making vlogs/highlight videos from the vods and then putting that on youtube. Also I will share it on relevant discords and reddits. Getting eyes on content aint easy per say but I think it comes down to making content people wanna see, that's original, relevant, etc.  

@Lyubov Hey i've been thinking about getting involved in twitch here are some thoughts.

I highly recommend doing something to differentiate yourself from people in your niche, and also pay attention to what others are dong that are popular in a similar niche.

On twitch video games are huge. I don't know if your interested in video games, but if you learned to become proficient at a popular game you could attach your content to your status as a high level gamer.

For example, League of legends has around 200k viewers peak during a day, if you were masters or challengers rank and you were producing quality content on the side you would be very unique and interesting.

It doesn't need to be games. Maybe you can run ultra marathons, or something like that