Molaric

How to be more in touch with your emotions

11 posts in this topic

Hello, I struggle with being in touch with my emotions due to societal repression, and I want to know to connect with my emotional side more than my logical side. I feel the lack of expressing my emotional side internally and externally negatively affects the way I view women, often as sexual objects, and can't allow me to connect deeper with women and other people in general, as I often put people in categories as opposed to seeing a person for who they are. I can't even fully express my feelings through private journaling, the place you'd think people would let out at! So far I have a meditation habit going and working on my life purpose if that helps. 

Just an opinion. 

Take mdma. 

• Do some Yoga with Adriene (she's Adriene).
  • Listen to chill and beautiful music like chillstep and melodic progressive on DI.fm, also piano and violin tracks on youtube.
  • Take even just 5 minutes to ask how  you feel everyday, and don't resist negative emotions if they arise, experience them, observe them, don't reject them nor feed them (with negative thoughts).
  • Spend more time in nature by yourself.
  • Remember that banana = human being (100% same dna)

That should help :)

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

13 minutes ago, Shin said:
  • Do some Yoga with Adriene (she's Adriene).
  • Listen to chill and beautiful music like chillstep and melodic progressive on DI.fm, also piano and violin track on youtube.
  • Take even just 5 minutes to ask how  you feel everyday, and don't resist negative emotions if they arise, experience them, observe them, don't reject them nor feed them (with negative thoughts).
  • Spend more time in nature by yourself.
  • Remember that banana = human being (100% same dna)

That should help :)

How does a banana have the same DNA as a human?

Edited by Molaric

3 minutes ago, Molaric said:

How does a banana have the same DNA as a human?

Because you eat the banana, so it becomes you.

1-1 = 0

Sadhguru is a genius.

God is love

And God in them

Just remembered weed helped me the most with feeling the emotions. 

Because it amplifiers them st they become more interesting and easier to feel. 

But start slow because it also amplifiers the negative ones. 

Breath Counsciously  through out the day as much as you can. Try to breath more with your belly. Be with your breath. As breath will connect you with being.  In all situations you are being. The mind will try to lock you with its narratives. Let it. Focus on the now as it is. Go with the body. Have the prespetive of the air in and out of your body witnessing your emotions at that moment. Accept all emotions you witness from your body. Learn from it. Till you show up in flow mode in what you used to consider uncomfortable situation. 

Do a  lot of writing. Writing helps with releasing inner emotions and most difficult emotions.. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

You will be allright. Learning Emotional Awareness and Mastery will be one of the most fruitful endeavours in your life!

Start by doing body scans. You can do it while meditating and then when it becomes easier also while doing everyday stuff.

Welcome your emotions instead of pushing them away. Make room and invite them in.

56 minutes ago, Molaric said:

@universe what are body scans?

You imagine from top to bottom the members of your body.

So you start with the top of the head, then slowly scan down until you reach the palm of the feet.

Emotions are stored in the body, that's why it's important to be able to scan and feel your body.

God is love

And God in them