Eva

Not investing into stock market

10 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura You mentioned in your latest video that you don't anymore invest in stocks. I too have stopped that a while ago for the same reasons you mentioned and have been getting a lot of shit about that from people. They just can't fathom that.

May I ask do you have any other ways/methods to handle your money, since you have renounced investing in stocks? That seems to be the only advice nowadays and it's really frustrating.

I have also said I am open to investing in stocks.

What I am against is daytrading and using stocks as a get rich quick scheme.

For me stocks are a good inflation hedge. Since the gov is printing so much cash I feel somewhat justified placing my cash in stocks. I don't like my savings just being eaten away.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Oh okay, I see. I might have misunderstood you there then. 
Thanks for the reply, Leo!

@khalifa I am never going to reveal that so as not to influence the market.

I don't want people to invest in things just because I do. Investing requires very careful thinking and strategy.

But I don't think BitCoin is a bad investment, fundamentally. The problem is that people have hyped it up so much lately that you have to be careful not to have it crash on your head.

You have to be extremely careful buying anything that is hyped up and at its peak. That's a very reliable way of losing money. You want to be first into an investment, not last.

But who knows? BitCoin may well reach a $10 trillion market cap.

Investing for me is also a lot easier/less risky because I have money to lose. Many of you guys don't. I would not invest my only $10,000 in something like BitCoin. But if you have $500k in cash and a decent salary, maybe you could place $100k in BitCoin.

I tend to be a very conservative investor.

Just invest in Vanguard ETFs. Professional fund managers on average under perform the S&P500. Might be wise to have some exposure to bitcoin with an amount you’re willing and able to lose, in case it becomes fully mainstream down the track 

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't want people to invest in things just because I do. Investing requires very careful thinking and strategy.

But I don't think BitCoin is a bad investment, fundamentally. The problem is that people have hyped it up so much lately that you have to be careful not to have it crash on your head.

You have to be extremely careful buying anything that is hyped up and at its peak. That's a very reliable way of losing money. You want to be first into an investment, not last.

But who knows? BitCoin may well reach a $10 trillion market cap.

Investing for me is also a lot easier/less risky because I have money to lose. Many of you guys don't. I would not invest my only $10,000 in something like BitCoin. But if you have $500k in cash and a decent salary, maybe you could place $100k in BitCoin.

I tend to be a very conservative investor.

BTC is honestly a very risky investment and basically a quick in quick out scheme for most people into it. You are far too generous with your words, even by saying it isn't bad lol.

Invest the biggest chunk into large ETFs like MSCI World to safely beat inflation. 

Use spare money to gamble on high-risk stocks like GME, Crypto or Innovative companies. If you make any money from those, sell and funnel it back into ETF.

This is my strategy for now.

Just buy a single coin of every crypto when they're still worth shit. 1/100 blows up by a factor of 10.000. Great success

Edited by DnoReally