Himanshu

Afraid that my Domain of Mastery would get me more tangled up

9 posts in this topic

I have been interested in people and psychology for a long time and the questions (almost always) at the forefront of my mind are: Why are individuals the way they are? How does culture evolve? How are the patterns of personality interconnected? Why does this individual see/think/feel/act the way they do? What is the program in their head and what role does that make them suitable for in the culture?

In the past, I have tried to psychoanalyze Leo and kept a journal on Understanding People and am halfway through writing a book on Self-Actualization for INFJ types.

My Domain of Mastery is: (Personality Psychology) x (Personal Development)

5ef4f11bc365e_ArchetypalpathsofGrowth.jpg.29e08cfd20ac35b21ab979c9231d1ca3.jpg

I have been studying multiple models of personality (Horizontal models): MBTI, Enneagram, Big 5, etc. and developmental models (Vertical): Spiral Dynamics, Ego Development Theory, etc. for my own curiosity and am fairly adept at using them.

Having spent a lot of time understanding my own patterns and working to transcend them. I am passionate about:

• Helping people identify their own patterns and use them for maximum leverage in the business world; and  
  • Helping people identify their own patterns and transcend them

One of these could as well be my impact statement. 

In the coming decades, I plan to pursue Enlightenment full time and I want my LP to be a stepping stone and not a hindrance to that. 

Here are my dilemmas:

- I am afraid that diving deep into Personality Psychology would reinforce my own compulsive patterns in sneaky ways (Ex: "basically all INFJs are like that, so there is no way I can do it any other way) and limit my spiritual growth.

- Most of the material that I produce, at least in the beginning, will be stolen and recombined to serve a new purpose - and not 'original' insights. That feels wrong. 

I am also concerned about finding my purple cow and find the market fit. But I am sure I can figure it out once I commit. 

Seeking feedback. 

Sounds to me like you're just afraid. Don't think too much. Do what you love to do, but of course have a plan to legitimately make the money you need to survive. Making small bets is how you figure out Life Purpose, so just remain open to being wrong, and keep trying stuff. Have marketable skills ready for employment to support yourself, and if you start businesses, follow basic business principles like practical ROI for consumers.

Note: On your website I want to see your content but you ask for my email first, which is a turn-off. Show your content openly.

Edited by Bob Seeker

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

Yes. I realized that it is just fear of change taking different forms.

At the same time, I have to remain cognizant that my focus on personality doesn't turn into a limiting box. Instead, I can actually help people go meta on their own patterns and dissolve them. 

23 hours ago, Bob Seeker said:

Show your content openly.

Yes. A lot of content on the way. Thank you. 

On 01/05/2021 at 4:58 PM, Himanshu said:

I am afraid that diving deep into Personality Psychology would reinforce my own compulsive patterns in sneaky ways (Ex: "basically all INFJs are like that, so there is no way I can do it any other way) and limit my spiritual growth.

I've found that, if you really look at functions, they’re structures in the human psyche. They don’t (have to) say anything about the content of the mind. So they’re neutral. I'd just go to the essence directly.

We have enough silly personality typology content on youtube, which is just reinforcing peoples identities. I'd love to see a content switch from pigeonholing people ("If you have these 10 traits, you're probably an INFJ", which leads to people throwing their hands up in the air, declaring their type, never needing to change) to helping people look at the function of their mind from a distance and understanding how they can best use it for their unique endeavours. Again, in a structural sense, not in terms of content. Going on step prior if you will. I'm not sure if I'm making sense.

Also: Transcend and include. If you go deep enough into the matter that will happen automatically. 

On 01/05/2021 at 4:58 PM, Himanshu said:

Most of the material that I produce, at least in the beginning, will be stolen and recombined to serve a new purpose - and not 'original' insights. That feels wrong. 

An “original insight” is seeing connections no one has seen before imo. And from what I’m reading, that’s what you want to do. No one has seen what you can see.

Collecting information and bundling it up in new, concise and easy to understand ways is a great service to people. Just look at Leos videos. That's basically what he did/does and they're helping so many people.

You're standing on the shoulders of giants. Many great people came before you and they've only gotten so far. They've done their work for you to use it. What a shame would it be if every human being had to figure everything out from the beginning again? We'd never get ahead.

Think of it as a group effort :-)

Beautiful purpose btw! Feels close to home.

On 7/17/2021 at 1:54 AM, flume said:

If you go deep enough into the matter that will happen automatically.

On point. That's something I am coming to realise as well. 

The more I understand personality, the more I get free from it. 

Thanks for the kind advice. :)

What's your MBTI / Enneagram? 

(You sound like an evolved Intuitive Feeler) 

4 hours ago, Himanshu said:

The more I understand personality, the more I get free from it. 

I really love that mechanism. Can observe it in so many things.

4 hours ago, Himanshu said:

What's your MBTI / Enneagram? 

(You sound like an evolved Intuitive Feeler) 

INFJ to the core ^_^ 

I'm not sure about Enneagram types. Do you know a good test you can recommend? I get different numbers every time I take one. I also don't get the "wing" thing. So I haven't really looked into it. I get 4 and 5 a lot. Also 9.

Domain of mastery ENTJ.

Blunt dude =spiritual teacher lol.

Will stick with construction and bossing around. 

In reply to the first post in this thread:

the enlightenment , clarity, and joy you're looking for it ever-present through whatever decisions you make, whatever you do, whatever happens. Become conscious of this. The rest will take care of itself. 

Much love!