AverageMonkey

"Enlightened" people here. How do you function?

59 posts in this topic

Plenty of people who are awake to spirituality but not enlightened.

The question is to broad, you gotta narrow it down if you want an answer from the Banaguru of the forum.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin I think it's not. Quite simple really. HOW DO YOU FUNCTION RIGHT NOW.  <-------- Describe this.

36 minutes ago, AverageMonkey said:

Keep it simple :)

It is a function for you such as walking, however just a thought. If you dont think that you are functioning, will it be functioning? It will only be functioning when “you” “think”.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@James123 Not simple enough! English is my 3rd language. HOW DO YOU FUNTION?? Do you think? Do you WANT anything? describe your state 

2 minutes ago, AverageMonkey said:

@James123 Not simple enough! English is my 3rd language. HOW DO YOU FUNTION?? Do you think? Do you WANT anything? describe your state 

? there is no such a thing as thought or thinking, therefore state and functioning. 

@AverageMonkey 

How they function throughout the day?

I think they wake up, go to work, eat 3 meals, take a good shit and go back to bed.

@James123 But you're alive YES? How do you live without thought or function o.O. You have to be more precise! YOU have to be incredibly precise but also simple! So....... right now! do YOU think? YOU MUST! How else are you going to answer to this question? 

I want you to describe your state. Using your own experience and your own words. I've read every spiritual book there is, so i know if you're parroting!

I want to know if anyone on this godforsaken forum is enlightened! Prove it to me. 

10 minutes ago, AverageMonkey said:

@James123 But you're alive YES? How do you live without thought or function o.O. You have to be more precise! YOU have to be incredibly precise but also simple! So....... right now! do YOU think? YOU MUST! How else are you going to answer to this question? 

I want you to describe your state. Using your own experience and your own words. I've read every spiritual book there is, so i know if you're parroting!

Just dont think. Whatever left is what You really are. There is no i to think, i is a thought or belief itself not even. Thats it. You can not experience enlightenment or enlightenment can not be experienced. “You” must be dropped than enlightenment happens, which is being. Experiencing comes from so called self via thinking. 

@James123 VERY GOOD EFFORT! BUT! What do you mean by "Just dont think"? I don't "think" that's good advice for anyone on the journey. How do you stop thinking? Are YOU yourself enlightened? Do you claim that? 

21 minutes ago, AverageMonkey said:

I want you to describe your state.

1 hour ago, AverageMonkey said:

Keep it simple 

YG9.gif

4 minutes ago, AverageMonkey said:

@James123 How do you stop thinking?

Long hours of meditation within darkness and silence, live in darkness and silence. It’s actually not stop thinking, it is the realization of thinker was never there, and thinker is a thought itself. 

6 minutes ago, AverageMonkey said:

Are YOU yourself enlightened? Do you claim that? 

There is no i to get enlightened. And thats enlightenment. I am already what i am as always been. Identification with the thoughts makes you human and be in the world, or try to get enlightened. When there is no identification with the thoughts, sky is clear. Good luck. 

@Tim R SO, TIM R! (: With that Gif you're saying that the STATE is complicated? How can that be? You can try to explain it to me, if you want!

I'm not enlightened, because I fear it, but I can tell you that there is nothing to worry about regarding "functioning". If anything, you'll function better.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.