Eternal Unity

New Teal Swan Episode

7 posts in this topic

Hot from the oven

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

She's making a very good and important point I think. Basically an aspect of spiritual egotism when it comes to relationships. 

Leo needs to make a video on the spiritual ego, it's such an important topic because it will happen to everyone on the way.

I started doing the "be like Jesus" thing that she mentioned when I was 12 to cope with my home and school situation. I decided to model my personality after Jesus, the Buddha, my dad, Bob Marley, and other such non-reactive men. 

It was the first thing that ever made me feel a sense of power over my environment. It was like a kind of mental Judo where my non-reactivity would lead me out of harm's way and into feelings of superiority.

So, I came to the conclusion back then that I was "more enlightened" than others... both kids my own age and adults. And I was really fed by how non-reactive I could be.

So, whenever a person would go over my boundaries (as would often happen at that juncture in time), I would relish in the fact that the blow didn't land on me because I was like water. And also that I was a stronger person than others because I didn't even flinch when bad things happened. And I would look for pain simply to show how I could handle it. This pain-seeking to prove that I was more masculine/non-reactive was even there when I was 10.

It wasn't until years later, at age 20, when I got my first glimpses of transcendence that I was able to recognize all the self-deceptions that went into creating that "more enlightened" persona. And then I had trouble because I could no longer use that coping mechanism in innocence. 

This pattern still exists in me as it was created to cope with traumas and unmet needs. I'm just a bit more skeptical of it than before.

But then I get into this struggle again, and the skepticism toward that aspect becomes the same coping strategy. And it leads me into lots of doubt and then that doubt means that I can never feel certainty about anything. And this comfort zone of uncertainty leads me genuinely into deeper and more accurate truths about things, and then the pattern continues. 

But ultimately, this aspect of myself is looking to get out from under feelings of inferiority and unimportance. And it reveals a deeper need to connect to the higher self... which is inherently empowered and expressive. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

15 hours ago, Tim R said:

She's making a very good and important point I think. Basically an aspect of spiritual egotism when it comes to relationships. 

Leo needs to make a video on the spiritual ego, it's such an important topic because it will happen to everyone on the way.

?

Spiritual Ego, eh?

Interesting...

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

How long have you watched Teal Swan?

Edited by SolarWarden

She got her name from Bella Swan?

Her books helped me a lot to put things together. These tidbit videos are nice but but they are just rehashes.

In Tate we trust