TheSelf

Sadhguru's view on Advaita Vedanta

52 posts in this topic

Ps:

Added the second video. The second video is also about Vedanta. see from 2:50.

What do you think? :)

Edited by m0hsen

It's just a mockery of Vedanta that could only impress someone dumb enough to hang on Sadhguru's every word -- which most of his followers do.

Of course those lashes are Maya. That's the point.

Vedanta is not a belief system. It is a path towards realization of Maya and then liberation from it. If you aren't liberated from it then your embodiment and consciousness is weak and you have not actualized Vedanta. This is not Vedanta's fault.

Sadhguru's characterization of Vedanta is very uncharitable. It would be like if I characterized Sahdguru's teachings as a cult of bending oneself into pretzels.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Quote from: The Essence Of Enlightenment Vedanta James Swartz

Teachers outside the tradition, even the sincere ones, are usually unreliable guides to the truth because they know only that part of reality revealed by their own experience.

The core teachings are eternal. They were revealed several thousand years before the Christian era. Vedanta as a means of enlightenment evolved slowly since then as great minds contributed dispassionately to the teaching tradition, which reached perfection in the eighth century

I guess we don't need Sadhguru for Vedanta

Interesting this Vedanta is. Is there any resources to learn practice and study more about Vedanta? Is it what this forum is about?

I think he is criticizing holding Vedanta as a mental or ideological belief rather than Vedanta itself.

Edited by SolarWarden

15 minutes ago, TheDao said:

which reached perfection in the eighth century

Again, more bullshit.

Always gotta sneak some bullshit in there :D

When at least 90% of the world is enlightened, maybe then you can say that your spiritual teaching has reached perfection and have people take you seriously.

Sadhguru's point here is not the ultimate answer to Maya but answering to the individual that he shouldn't talk about Maya at this stage because a few lashes and he will suffer so it's self delusion for him to talk about this when experientially it's not true for him. You're a fool to think he's making a mockery of Vedanta because he thinks it's a joke.

In this video he is also talking about Vedanta. See from 2:50.

I think it's really not fair to make mockery of Vedanta like that and call it just a "mental game". 

Edited by m0hsen

32 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's just a mockery of Vedanta that could only impress someone dumb enough hang on Sadhguru's every word -- which most of his followers do.

Of course those lashes are Maya. That's the point.

Vedanta is not a belief system. It is a path towards realization of Maya and then liberation from it. If you aren't liberated from it then your embodiment and consciousness is weak and you have not actualized Vedanta. This is not Vedanta's fault.

Sadhguru's characterization of Vedanta is very uncharitable. It would be like if I characterized Sahdguru's teachings as a cult of bending oneself into in pretzels.

I’ve never heard Sadhguru give a nuanced and fair depiction of someone outside of his system in these types of examples. His tactic seems to be to simplify the opposing viewpoint so much that it seems ridiculous. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

21 minutes ago, Tetcher said:

Sadhguru's point here is not the ultimate answer to Maya but answering to the individual that he shouldn't talk about Maya at this stage because a few lashes and he will suffer so it's self delusion for him to talk about this when experientially it's not true for him. You're a fool to think he's making a mockery of Vedanta because he thinks it's a joke.

I think you are right because at the end of the video he said there's a difference between coming to something experientially and coming to something intellectually.

But that means that he believes that by going into the path of Vedanta you'll never be able to go beyond your intellect and come to experience the nature of existence "experientially" right?

Edited by m0hsen

42 minutes ago, TheDao said:

Quote from: The Essence Of Enlightenment Vedanta James Swartz

Teachers outside the tradition, even the sincere ones, are usually unreliable guides to the truth because they know only that part of reality revealed by their own experience.

The core teachings are eternal. They were revealed several thousand years before the Christian era. Vedanta as a means of enlightenment evolved slowly since then as great minds contributed dispassionately to the teaching tradition, which reached perfection in the eighth century

Spoken by a teacher outside the tradition. :D

1 minute ago, m0hsen said:

I think you are right because at the end of the video he said there's a difference between coming to something experientially and coming to something intellectually.

But that means  he believes that by going into the path of Vedanta you'll never be able to go beyond your intellect and come to experience the nature of existence "experientially" right?

The intellect has a huge impact on this work. You can experience the nature of existence directly through the catalyst of jnana yoga. Usually jnana serves as a great part of a spiritual practice. On its own, it might not be the absolute best method, but it certainly can be effective. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Another example that spiritual traditions are  the same as business stores and other industries out there: out market and out compete the other.

@vladorion  No he is not. This isn't a new agey vedanta distorted book I choose. It should be a higher quality book. And after this one I ll read the Upanishads and Shankara.

Until i fully realize the core truth of Vedanta i prefer to read about it from people much more competent, then Sadhguru.

To me Sadhguru is fake. 

Sadguru9_9

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 minute ago, Preety_India said:

To me Sadhguru is fake. 

Again, watch your projections.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Again, watch your projections.

I don't see any good in his teachings personally. 

Literally zero benefit. 

I received better learning from Adyashanti and Ramana Maharshi. 

By Indian standards, Sadhguru is lame in comparison to Yogananda and Ramana Maharshi. 

Edited by Preety_India

@Leo Gura Gurus and Rishis, sadhus in India need the "It" factor. He doesn't have it. He will never reach that level. He is more like a PR stunt guru in my opinion. He does not embody the quality that ancient Saints in India had 

Just my opinion.