JJfromSwitzerland

Is gender a social construct?

69 posts in this topic

I would say that yes, gender is a construct. 

It is a construct comporting all the human biases/shortcut regarding the Feminine and the Masculine.  We use them to assign whether someone or something is predominantly from one polarity or another. The fact is, it is often falling short because creation is made of both masculine and feminine characteristics and there isn't any Absolute in the relative. So saying that something is either Feminine or Masculine is going to face limitation.

The Feminine and the Masculine are two relative opposite to be found in nature. It is as real as up or down, warm and cold and all other dualities. In that sense, it is very real and part of the DNA of the world. I picture it like the binary codebase of the universe.

A good illustration of how our mind can get confused at unusual expression of this duality. 

Edit: The video is 42 minutes long. It shows the case of a woman who is born with female genitalia but has male chromosome. ?

Edited by Etherial Cat

Why the fuck are you guys having this disccusion on this sub forum and then complaining to Leo about it when you barely have done any work regarding this stuff. You are telling Ronaldo how to shoot his shots basically. This stuff is way too deep and mystical for normies here to understand and lecture people that have dedicated their life to this stuff.

@Leo Gura Watching this video right now. Commented as well. I'll need to rewatch to see if it debunks the chromosomal argument. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Leo Gura, by your logic, even beauty is a social construct? But people tell me that attraction is chemical based?

Especially all the people here. :P 

23 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Leo Gura, by your logic, even beauty is a social construct? But people tell me that attraction is chemical based?

Especially all the people here. :P 

There are mother who find their facially deformed babies beautiful.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

8 minutes ago, Shin said:

There are mother who find their facially deformed babies beautiful.

Not everyone is a mother. Extreme example. 

6 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Not everyone is a mother. Extreme example. 

With that kind of logic, it doesn't matter what anyone says, you're just gonna dismiss everything that isn't already valid in your mind.

God is love

And God in them

@Shin you cant give extreme examples for general things. 

@Leo Gura wtf, 1 day after I made this post I see a video on the actualized.org youtube channel with the exact same title: is gender a social construct? :D:D

The quality of Leos comments have improved after he switched to carnivore diet.  

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

2 hours ago, Preety_India said:

@Leo Gura, by your logic, even beauty is a social construct?

Cultural beauty norms are.

But Beauty is also an Absolute.

When you fully awaken you will realize that absolutely everything is infinitely and equally beautiful. You will discover Absolute Beauty and it will make you feel so stupid for not seeing it sooner.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

@Shin you cant give extreme examples for general things. 

It is a general thing,

You find beautiful/attractive whatever you think is serving you.

In the case of the mother, the baby is her child, which in her mind is supposed to make her happy.

You wouldn't find that baby beautiful, cause you don't care about that particular baby, it's a random baby.

You find men with power and purpose attractive, cause they can take care of you without needing anything from you.

You find clingy men with no purpose unattractive, cause they can't even take care of themselves and would be needy with you.

I find women with big tits and curvy ass beautiful, cause I know it would feel good to touch and penetrate.

I find women with small tits and fat ass unattractive, cause I know there would be nothing to grab except fat.

It's really not that complicated, if you're honest with yourself :D

God is love

And God in them

@Shin it's about survival. 

Everything is a conceptual construct, including gender. 

59 minutes ago, JJfromSwitzerland said:

@Leo Gura wtf, 1 day after I made this post I see a video on the actualized.org youtube channel with the exact same title: is gender a social construct? :D:D

:D

Did this post inspire the video?