Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Phyllis Wagner

Arnold getting an Egg thrown at him

7 posts in this topic

Love this. What is your take on this from a self improvement perspective? 

Edited by Phyllis Wagner

In my perspective he lacks fear when it comes to an egg being thrown at him. If it was a blank gun round (Gunshot with loud sound but no bullet) it'd probably be a whole different case. If I was thrown with an egg, my mind would start calculating the probability of an upcoming fight, he can just continue walking and let his bodyguards deal with the assaulter. He also knows that he is intimidating, so the assaulter probably don't want to fight with fists (That's why he threw an egg)

That's my two cents.

Edited by Hansu

46 minutes ago, Hansu said:

In my perspective he lacks fear when it comes to an egg being thrown at him. If it was a blank gun round (Gunshot with loud sound but no bullet) it'd probably be a whole different case. If I was thrown with an egg, my mind would start calculating the probability of an upcoming fight, he can just continue walking and let his bodyguards deal with the assaulter. He also knows that he is intimidating, so the assaulter probably don't want to fight with fists (That's why he threw an egg)

That's my two cents.

I dont think it's as simple although what you said might play into it. There are many politicians who react very badly to eggs or things like that thrown at them. His reaction seemed like someone who was very confident and positive and genuinely believes in the system. I've always thought Schawzebenegger had a great mindset, key to that is not blaming people and you can see he didn't here 

45 minutes ago, Consept said:

I dont think it's as simple although what you said might play into it. There are many politicians who react very badly to eggs or things like that thrown at them. His reaction seemed like someone who was very confident and positive and genuinely believes in the system. I've always thought Schawzebenegger had a great mindset, key to that is not blaming people and you can see he didn't here 

I think its a chicken and egg problem, is he staying confident and positive because he lacks fear (rightly so) or does he lack fear because he is staying confident and positive? He also has nothing to prove, because he is already in the top 1% of men. He knows that if a beta male comes and starts to pick a fight with him, we can all laugh and point at the beta male until he is embarrassed enough to either leave or get restrained by the mob if he gets physical. Arnold literally can not lose unless he decides to beat the beta male into hospital, which would be a social suicide for him.

If a beta male comes to me and starts to pick a fight, I have a reason to fear in that situation, socially and physically. My survival is 100% dependent on me doing the right decisions, I dont have trained bodyguards or mob helping me. If I answer physical attack by getting physical too and cops arrive at the scene at the wrong time, Im the one going to jail. If someone films the fight and makes clever cuts, I could get fired from my workplace and otherwise socially castrated. If I do nothing, I might get killed. If I run, I might fall over and still get beaten or killed. Staying calm and positive in that situation could get me killed, so my brain basically returns to monke while trying to process what the hell I should do to stay socially and physically alive :D

I think the best thing for a regular guy to achieve Arnolds level of confidence and positivity in a violent situation would be to master some martial art that gives you ability to disarm and restrain the aggressor with ease and without causing injuries (I think grappling arts like Judo are the best ones for this). That way you could easily restrain the aggressor and call the cops while the guy under your ass contemplates his life choices. You would also be socially well because you can show that no harm was done to the aggressor. If cops arrive to the scene just to see how you grab the guys fist and make them kneel with Jedi trick, they probably wont shoot your ass and you have time to explain what happened before they arrived. If someone films you, you probably get applauded at the next training session.

All in all, I dont think it has anything to do with Arnolds political views. He is just being a politic when he is saying so 9_9

EDIT: You can also get fear by clinging into beliefs such as honor, so if you dishonor a politician with this belief with an egg they go into a fight or flight mode because the dishonorable behavior of the aggressor. They fear that they lose their face and political points when someone dishonors them with an egg.

Edited by Hansu

34 minutes ago, Hansu said:

I think its a chicken and egg problem

Nice xD

35 minutes ago, Hansu said:

is he staying confident and positive because he lacks fear (rightly so) or does he lack fear because he is staying confident and positive? He also has nothing to prove, because he is already in the top 1% of men. He knows that if a beta male comes and starts to pick a fight with him, we can all laugh and point at the beta male until he is embarrassed enough to either leave or get restrained by the mob if he gets physical. Arnold literally can not lose unless he decides to beat the beta male into hospital, which would be a social suicide for him.

I dont think anyone lacks fear, i just think some people dont let fear dominate them or dont give into it, but the same impulses you have one someone confronts you is similar to what he would have, hes just mastered it to an extent. Part of that mastery is to be confident and positive, there of course some genetic factors in this and amount of serotonin you have but im more talking about what is in your relative control in terms of mindset. 

37 minutes ago, Hansu said:

If a beta male comes to me and starts to pick a fight, I have a reason to fear in that situation, socially and physically. My survival is 100% dependent on me doing the right decisions, I dont have trained bodyguards or mob helping me. If I answer physical attack by getting physical too and cops arrive at the scene at the wrong time, Im the one going to jail. If someone films the fight and makes clever cuts, I could get fired from my workplace and otherwise socially castrated. If I do nothing, I might get killed. If I run, I might fall over and still get beaten or killed. Staying calm and positive in that situation could get me killed, so my brain basically returns to monke while trying to process what the hell I should do to stay socially and physically alive :D

I think the best thing for a regular guy to achieve Arnolds level of confidence and positivity in a violent situation would be to master some martial art that gives you ability to disarm and restrain the aggressor with ease and without causing injuries (I think grappling arts like Judo are the best ones for this). That way you could easily restrain the aggressor and call the cops while the guy under your ass contemplates his life choices. You would also be socially well because you can show that no harm was done to the aggressor. If cops arrive to the scene just to see how you grab the guys fist and make them kneel with Jedi trick, they probably wont shoot your ass and you have time to explain what happened before they arrived. If someone films you, you probably get applauded at the next training session.

We dont know how Arnold would react in an actual violent situation, also as far as i know hes not actually trained to fight. So these are two different situations youre talking about, the egg situation is very different to being physically challenged. The comparison is more with other politicians in a similar situation and in comparison to them id say hes more self developed and theres something to be learnt within that.  Just for a comparison -

He just threw an egg, what is there to be bothered about?

Arnold went through a lot of shit and worse in his life to be bothered by an egg.

8 hours ago, Consept said:

I dont think anyone lacks fear, i just think some people dont let fear dominate them or dont give into it, but the same impulses you have one someone confronts you is similar to what he would have, hes just mastered it to an extent. Part of that mastery is to be confident and positive, there of course some genetic factors in this and amount of serotonin you have but im more talking about what is in your relative control in terms of mindset. 

Yeah, it could be that to some extend you can control your fear. Like I can easily control my fear of flight when someone with 3 years of schooling flies the plane, but If Im in the cockpit flying myself, Im terrified. I know you mean something like using your mind to control fear, but I dont think thats a healthy way to deal with dangerous situations. Personally I think that in the end of the day, you need to know that "I will be socially and physically okay when I go to sleep" in order to have healthy fear control. With bodyguards and fame you can easily achieve that when it comes to human on human-violence.

We dont know how Arnold would react in an actual violent situation, also as far as i know hes not actually trained to fight.

You know that hes not actually trained to fight, I know that he is actually not trained to fight, but he still looks like one mean motherfucker with the confidence of the king ape and massive chest muscles.

9bf37cd5f56a469f36f4b2c156df68b7.jpg

I dont care how much training he has, a beta male wont confront him with fists and he knows it :D Now thats a confidence booster!

So these are two different situations youre talking about, the egg situation is very different to being physically challenged

I think there is some cultural differences at play here. In Finland we have a very high respect for one's physical bubble and we only touch a stranger in love and in fight, so to me an egg to my face is prelude to violence (or really nice night with my Domina). Please excuse me for the misunderstanding :)

The comparison is more with other politicians in a similar situation and in comparison to them id say hes more self developed and theres something to be learnt within that.

Having read Arnold's autobiography, I can say that he is very intelligent (except for that one time when he drove a tank through the tank garage) and he has gone through a lot in his life. He is very compassionate and passionate guy, I even dare to say that he is self-actualized man

arnold-schwarzenegger-shuts-down-troll-s

Edited by Hansu