CreativeMind

Solipsism

61 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura Because, when you know you know. It's just this bubble. As far as I can see it. I am still not awake yet though.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

3 hours ago, OneHandClap said:

Solipsism (as I mentioned on an earlier thread) is rooted, academically, in the idea that YOU are conscious, but nobody else, as far as you know. This is an incorrect view. Being/Source/the Absolute holds every mind within it, but it does not remove the individual aspect. The Absolute is simultaneously interacting as all of us and none of us. It is beyond ideas, beyond thinking... contemplate and seek until you reach a point of understanding. The experience can never be put into words!

Short version: The Absolute is everybody and everything, yet all individuals exist (conventionally speaking) on their own within the Absolute. This truth is nondual (not two—but also not "one" for the purposes of everyday living, which is why the Buddha and other teachers had to teach other beings to find the Absolute themselves). 

Why should I believe that another entity is The Absolute and is everyone and everything including myself?.  I have no proof that anyone or anything exists beyond myself, I only know myself to exist 100% from First had experience.  

24 minutes ago, CreativeMind said:

Why should I believe that another entity is The Absolute and is everyone and everything including myself?.  I have no proof that anyone or anything exists beyond myself, I only know myself to exist 100% from First had experience.  

You are free to believe anything you wish - even nothing at all. But I do not think you will have a very fulfilling life as a human being if you view others as being illusions in your life. Best wishes :)

2 minutes ago, OneHandClap said:

You are free to believe anything you wish - even nothing at all. But I do not think you will have a very fulfilling life as a human being if you view others as being illusions in your life. Best wishes :)

I actually like the idea of being the only one (I'm a bit of a loner anyways).  So your telling me that when your in a lucid dream and you know everything and everyone is an illusion you won't feel happy or fulfilled?.  I could stay in a lucid dream forever and I would feel extremely fulfilled.   

@Thought Art oh shit. This is not good. And you are an user Who was supposed to be Enlightened.

I am beggining to fear that absolute truth is not posible. That everyone hear is preaching their beliefs as absolute truth But Deep inside they still have doubts.

I Hope i am wrong. I still want to believe Leo is a legit Guy. And the other guys Here too. But reading this is not good .

Did you do breakthrough dose? My last Hope is that in the breakthrough dose is when the ultimate truth reveals. If you did breakthrough dose and you still have doubts then Im going to get really worried lmao

Edited by Javfly33

How do you guys do it? How do you manage to get into this debate over and over again? ?

By debating solipsism and nihilism all days, you dig yourself deeper into the illusion. 

When you hold the solipsistic view, can you feel how rigid it is? Can you notice how it's a mental position? Can you see how that can be flipped around and a different position can easily be held? If you notice these things, that should tell you that it is, at best, a partial truth - of the mind. Infinity is so much more than that.

Also, if you awaken to God/Infinity/Love, you see how Love is inclusive, not exclusive. That's why, when I hold the solipsistic view in my mind it doesn't feel good. It's not in alignment with Love, it excludes ("other body-minds are not conscious") instead of including.

No, Infinity is so much more than that.

Edited by Gili Trawangan

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

Another benefit to the solisistic viewpoint is the fact there is no evil.  If someone with consciousness murders someone without consciousness no one suffers and so no sin is committed.  Alternitivly if someone with no consciousness murders someone with consciousness it's like being deliberately run over by a car, the car isn't evil. 

Is it necessary to contemplate and speculate whether something is good or evil or better or worse or real or unreal or whether there's a me or no me or whatever?

Time to rename this subform Meditation, Consciousness, Enlightenment, Solipsism xD

1 hour ago, Gili Trawangan said:

When you hold the solipsistic view, can you feel how rigid it is? Can you notice how it's a mental position? Can you see how that can be flipped around and a different position can easily be held? If you notice these things, that should tell you that it is, at best, a partial truth - of the mind. Infinity is so much more than that.

Also, if you awaken to God/Infinity/Love, you see how Love is inclusive, not exclusive. That's why, when I hold the solipsistic view in my mind it doesn't feel good. It's not in alignment with Love, it excludes ("other body-minds are not conscious") instead of including.

No, Infinity is so much more than that.

If you realize that both your own body-mind and all others are not conscious, it can be a great spark of compassion. This can be an incredibly inclusive experience. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

@CreativeMind I'm not conscious that I'm God or that I created the universe. 

But. I am trying to be directly conscious of my current experience. It's mainly the realising of what I don't know and more openness. 

There was a moth near me. I squashed it. I have no idea what then happened to it, or what it even was. 

Other things I realise that I take for granted. No idea what physical space or the world is. Don't know what my body is either or how I'm using it. Thinking may not be the best way to use it, although that's what we do in writing these sentences and messages. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@Gili Trawangan or so does the ego wants to think.

Maybe you won't like the truth.

Literal words of Leo in his episode of "Exercises to realize that you are God":

"Maybe you don't like the idea that you are God...[...]...Maybe you don't like the idea that you are alone. And that there are no others."

1 hour ago, CreativeMind said:

Another benefit to the solisistic viewpoint is the fact there is no evil.  If someone with consciousness murders someone without consciousness no one suffers and so no sin is committed.  Alternitivly if someone with no consciousness murders someone with consciousness it's like being deliberately run over by a car, the car isn't evil. 

I would describe the seeing of no evil as being attuned to what is true. What can be right besides what is so? What could right mean otherwise? 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Solipsism(1) - I (the self) am alone and separate from that which is not me (other).  'Other' is something external to me, different from me, experienced by 'me'.- Dual

Solipsism(2) - I am alone because there is only 1 thing, Everything, and I'm it.  There is no 'self/other' distinction.  - Non-Dual

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

11 hours ago, Thought Art said:

@Leo Gura Because, when you know you know. It's just this bubble. As far as I can see it. I am still not awake yet though.

so this was all a joke?

There are no persons. There is no you. There is only God.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

7 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

There are no persons. There is no you. There is only God.

Duality

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This work is not about speculation or guesswork, it's about becoming exactly conscious of what is true.

What are you? What is reality? What is another? What is consciousness?

These are not questions to speculate about. Become directly conscious of what these things are until no more doubt or questions remain.

If you are speculating about solipsism then you are clearly not conscious of what "other" is. Nor are you conscious of what "self" is.

Stop presuming stuff and become conscious of Infinity.

Move Into Godhood This Instant

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

@Javfly33

Reality is relative, and because of that, never will 1 technique or approach or perspective will do everything for you, and because reality is relative, open mindedness, questioning reality, not knowing what's true or not and going to the loony bin is essential in this work. 

That's because the mind wants to default for the answer.  You want a mathematical formula or a scientific theory.  The truth is that science is contained within reality and thus can study the content or that which is held within reality.  And in fact it has studied the content.  Look no further than quantum mechanics.  Quantum mechanics studied the content and discovered it was nothing more than wave functions - which are ultimately nothing...so, they found that mere possibilities comprise the root level of reality.

Enlightenment is transcending the ego. The physical world “exists” to some degree but what it is mysterious inherently. Why would reality be simple to explain? Especially when measuring the smallest particles biases the experiment. Ultimately enlightenment is a trick of the mind but it’s ok because transcending the ego is healthy. But existence is not truly non-dual.

Physics is good at describing reality’s behavior but bad at explaining what reality is. For all we know, reality is made of nothing and the laws of nature are accidents that force reality to behave consistently. But nonetheless, reality is not non-dual. Because I am not you. And I cannot become you. But nonetheless imagining consciousness as an ever-present thing aligns with what it really is. After all, all our experience lies in consciousness. Perhaps consciousness is an inherent trait of existence. Perhaps it arises from matter with intelligence. I think it is. After all human intelligence is just the ability to hold complex narratives in mind. If mind arises from matter, it is only natural that intelligence arises with it. And likewise natural that awareness is all we have to prove or disprove the world.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho