Elton

Motivational Videos And Judgements

11 posts in this topic

When I was in a challenging situation installing my company machine things were not going as per plan, I had to improvise on the machine program as well as the hard wiring as well as many electronic issues, as I was experiencing temporary failure I could hear all the motivational videos I was watching, ' winners win and loosers loose ', ' what does a 5 hundred million dollar a year person do the 50000 dollar a year person doesn't do ' and ya I was getting motivated to 'win' but I realised that I wad judging my self as a failure... 

@Leo Gura do you still see motivational vedios?  

So guys Is it a good idea to stop seeing motivational vedios as it puts you in a judgemental situation of yourself when you’re not succeeding? could these vedios lead to neurosis? 

@Elton Whoa I've been thinking about the same thing. Since this is a sort of old post I was wondering if you found an answer or a realization? I'm confused as well because motivational videos make me feel great, but sometimes the words that are spoken puts me in a very judgmental state as well.  

Motivational videos do not make everything in the world or even "your world" run smoothly. The laws of this universe cause things to constantly break down, the 2nd law of thermodynamics. There is also far more permutations in any system than those permutations that are useful to us humans, and so whenever there is change, there is risk of some random or unforeseen element causing problems for us.

So you need your motivational videos, and you need a huge dose of *reality* and together you take on the perspective of what looks very much like maturity.

@Shin Lol long time no see. And I've seen some of the videos from motivational grid, and its not specifically the videos but I guess how i interpret them. For example you would find vids like put in 100% and always strive to win or something like that. And what would happen is when I DON'T put in my A game I feel bad about myself because, well, it's like I haven't been trying my best and I kinda feel guilty about it. And i don't know, with my current adoption of Leo's awareness along is curative, I feel like these videos would be bad for my mindset because I am trying to be more accepting of my thoughts and to have a more loving approach to observe them rather than think "stop being a lil bitch and go win, or some other non-gentle thinking. I am interested in your opinion, I lowkey feel like I might've just answered my question or something but I'm not quite sure haha. Thanks!

@Neo Thanks for your response, but to be real with you I did not understand it lol. Sorry I'm still kind of new to this whole field so forgive my ignorance. I mean I might have an idea of your second paragraph, are you saying watching motivational videos whether if it is good or bad is all necessary for me to grow, and I need it to develop myself? 

Are you talking about how you feel because of your thoughts, or you just have emotions (without any thoughts) when you see these kind of videos ?

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

9 minutes ago, Radical Honesty said:

@Neo How is what you said relevant to the question?

This was to Elton who was having technical and computer problems causing him to doubt himself, I didn't realise the post was made months ago.

1 minute ago, Neo said:

This was to Elton who was having technical and computer problems causing him to doubt himself, I didn't realise the post was made months ago.

Ok, were you basically saying, "shit happens"? ;) 

@Shin I think it's more of how I feel because of my thoughts. I always visualize myself as someone awesome and greater than who I usually am.