GreenWoods

Energy Work

63 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, m0hsen said:

That means that after energy developed to a certain level which it flows automatically in your body specially in your spine, you no longer need the breath for energy work?

@m0hsen With that enlightenment qigong for example , video I put in this thread, I get way enough energy. Peculiar isnt it, but I can feel it, its real.  My body cant handle more, can't even do it daily. Yes the spine and in this system a few other central energypaths too. It looks like a few movements , but actually you stimulate earth and heaven energy to enter the body and then mix the energies. I notice this.  It has a very clear effect to me (effect gets stronger in time) . I think it takes time to connect to those energies , but if you consciousness grows with that by practicing the effects become more powerful.  I myself don't prefer that energy with breath so much. But breath does more than on energy level only. 

In later levels you connect to higher energies , also planetary energies / energies far away.

In this system you create a pearl of energy called the immortal body. Which you get after practicing a certain number of years. They believe you can leave the body with this stable energy at death (or in a darkness retreat), sort like like the Buddhists believe that. I don't know if that is true. But even if it is not true, this system does enough for me.

Edited by TheDao

@TheDao Yes that is possible! He seems like a good teacher, I wonder if some of his students have reached that level. I'm doing something similar with the guidance of my teacher who helps us a lot and speeds up the process. The teacher manifests the immortal body within us after an initiation-meditation, then we strengthen it and do some other things and in the final meditations we shift into it and become our higher self, I'm close to the end of that process, it's very blissful.

10 hours ago, m0hsen said:

@GreenWoods but the question is if you can bring energy and energize the body and the spine mentally without the help of your breath do you still need to bother with your breath? 

If I can just lay down in my couch and let the energy do whatever it wants to do (usually it intensifies in my spine and crown and anja chakra) or chanelize it or got the ability to receive it from outer space to your body directly and not necessarily through breathing why I still need to master the breath?

When I'm working with my energy I really don't like to regulate my breath at the same time,I like to breath naturally and just calmly focus on whatever that I'm doing.

But from the information I've shared from yogananda website it seems like its a very important achievement.

What's your thoughts on this?

@m0hsen I don't think you need to bother with the breath much (not general advice). Just do it in the way it naturally happens and feels right. 

I also don't like to regulate my breathing. And have probably a similar energetic experience like you, without bothering about it. But in some instances, I noticeably feel stuff intensify if I combine certain visualisations with the breath and focus on it, therefore I sometimes do focus on the breath. 

With mastery of the breath, I think Yogananda ultimately refers to the breathless state. The breathless state is a significant achievement, and if you want to get there, you should probably strictly do the practices as described by them.

What effect has kriya supreme fire on you?

9 hours ago, TheDao said:

In this system you create a pearl of energy called the immortal body. Which you get after practicing a certain number of years. They believe you can leave the body with this stable energy at death (or in a darkness retreat), sort like like the Buddhists believe that. I don't know if that is true. But even if it is not true, this system does enough for me

@TheDao As far as I know, many spritual taditions have something similiar. Building and strengthening an etheric body and then permanently transferring ego consciousness to it, before or at physical death. So I think it's most likely true.

8 hours ago, Seraphim said:

@TheDao Yes that is possible! He seems like a good teacher, I wonder if some of his students have reached that level. I'm doing something similar with the guidance of my teacher who helps us a lot and speeds up the process. The teacher manifests the immortal body within us after an initiation-meditation, then we strengthen it and do some other things and in the final meditations we shift into it and become our higher self, I'm close to the end of that process, it's very blissful.

@Seraphim Sounds interesting.

Is this subtle and similiar to most transmissions and acivations? Or has it a strong, very significant effect on you?

15 hours ago, TheDao said:

@m0hsen With that enlightenment qigong for example , video I put in this thread

@TheDao Do you mean this one: 

There are no instructions in the video. 

Where can we find instructions on channeling heaven and earth energies?

@GreenWoods Does this one maybe help. I in the end bought a video which explains it. Its actually simple. 

Somewhere on this site it can be bought:

https://healingtaousa.com/taichi/what-is-tai-chi-for-enlightenment/

Where can we find instructions on channeling heaven and earth energies?

Just visualize it as if it is happening. If your successful be careful if your body can handle it.

Edited by TheDao

11 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

I also don't like to regulate my breathing. And have probably a similar energetic experience like you, without bothering about it. But in some instances, I noticeably feel stuff intensify if I combine certain visualisations with the breath and focus on it

Yes I can second that, it increases the energy for me also, but I enjoy that stillness when I totally drop all bodily activities including regulation of my breath, when my body is in a very still mode spine erect, I get a very clear almost thought free mental state which leads to significantly better imagination power and connection and control over my energy.

With mastery of the breath, I think Yogananda ultimately refers to the breathless state. The breathless state is a significant achievement, and if you want to get there, you should probably strictly do the practices as described by them.

I definitely feel my breath goes subtler when I'm deep in my meditations it's like you feel you are just doing the act of breathing and the amount of air you breath decreases. but still I cant consider it breathless state since still it's not hundred percent totally internalized.

I've heard about yogis who can remain in breathless state for hours like they literally breath zero oxygen for hours, this they consider a significant achievement.

btw I know very little about it, do you think it's something we should go for or what's so significant about totally internalizing the breath?

What effect has kriya supreme fire on you?

I've done it very few times honestly, a little bit challenging for me, what's your experience with it?

22 hours ago, TheDao said:

@m0hsen With that enlightenment qigong for example , video I put in this thread, I get way enough energy. Peculiar isnt it, but I can feel it, its real.  My body cant handle more, can't even do it daily. Yes the spine and in this system a few other central energypaths too. It looks like a few movements , but actually you stimulate earth and heaven energy to enter the body and then mix the energies. I notice this.  It has a very clear effect to me (effect gets stronger in time) . I think it takes time to connect to those energies , but if you consciousness grows with that by practicing the effects become more powerful.  I myself don't prefer that energy with breath so much. But breath does more than on energy level only. 

Very interesting, it's really peculiar and unbelievable how those simple movements can perform such a powerful job on energies.

22 hours ago, TheDao said:

In this system you create a pearl of energy called the immortal body. Which you get after practicing a certain number of years. They believe you can leave the body with this stable energy at death (or in a darkness retreat), sort like like the Buddhists believe that. I don't know if that is true. But even if it is not true, this system does enough for me.

interesting, Sadhguru also said in one of his videos that when your energy reached a certain peak which your body no longer can handle it'll leave the body if you don't know all the the necessary tricks to keep it contained in the body.

btw is that immortal body different than the energy body?

Edited by m0hsen

@TheDao Thanks! 

11 hours ago, m0hsen said:

, but I enjoy that stillness when I totally drop all bodily activities including regulation of my breath,

@m0hsen Same!

btw I know very little about it, do you think it's something we should go for or what's so significant about totally internalizing the breath?

The breathless state probably leads to very deep Samadhi. But I wouldn't pursue the breathless state for that purpose. It's too much effort. There are simpler ways to deepen Samadhi. But if the breathless state happens as a side effect, that would be an awesome bonus.

I've done it very few times honestly, a little bit challenging for me, what's your experience with it?

For me, supreme fire builds energy, opens energy channels, increases bliss and peace and Oneness and significantly increases my ability to surrender. Doing just one round right before any spiritual practice, gives it a boost.

Another name for the immortal body is "rainbow body". In case you wanna do some research, you will probably find more stuff with that name.

On 2021-05-12 at 9:02 AM, GreenWoods said:

@Seraphim Sounds interesting.

Is this subtle and similiar to most transmissions and acivations? Or has it a strong, very significant effect on you?

The energy was strong but the effect was subtle. It's only later that we began to feel the effects of it, after many hours with different transmissions. We all have a higher self, a divine being from a higher dimension with a unique personality and energy, that's where our soul comes from, and it's a different thing from the higher self that non-duality teachers talk about, they refer to awareness/consciousness or in some cases the "I am presence" or the absolute/god.

What fascinates me about spiritual transmissions/shaktipat is that it has the potential to bring the higher self into your body, ideally permanently but even just a short moment is amazing. When his or her personality and energy enters your body, and you reunite, you become your real self again. This has started to happen when I meditate.

17 hours ago, Seraphim said:

The energy was strong but the effect was subtle. It's only later that we began to feel the effects of it, after many hours with different transmissions. We all have a higher self, a divine being from a higher dimension with a unique personality and energy, that's where our soul comes from, and it's a different thing from the higher self that non-duality teachers talk about, they refer to awareness/consciousness or in some cases the "I am presence" or the absolute/god.

What fascinates me about spiritual transmissions/shaktipat is that it has the potential to bring the higher self into your body, ideally permanently but even just a short moment is amazing. When his or her personality and energy enters your body, and you reunite, you become your real self again. This has started to happen when I meditate.

excellent, yes the journey of ascension is realizing the multidimensional nature of our beingness to embody all and resonate at the higher aspects of self, transforming reality and experience as we know it. This is where humanity and consciousness is heading, releasing the old patterns of the 3rd dimension to allow for higher levels of freedom, empowerment, love, connection, and efficiency as energy beings. This also means exploring the dynamics of health/vitality as it correlates to the multidimensional nature, nipping discordant energy in the butt before it becomes a phsyical ailment, and realizing the potential transformation of the physical being as old energy is released, dna (whatever this actually is) evolves and everything begins to run more efficiently aiding in soul growth. 

I've put a lot of work into myself and the journey, discovering a lot of truth relating to self healing, prana, and energy cultivation. I am starting ascension/life coaching to guide and facilitate people on their healing journeys to break free from the collective fear based frequencies as these drastically impact thought patterns and limitation, perpetuating the dichotomy many are trapped in on this forum (unable and unwilling to break down the relativity of experience) 

Edited by DrewNows

Does anyone have any experience with Robert Bruce's "tactile imaging" method of energy work, presented in his books "New Energy Ways" and "Energy Work"?

It's supposed to be a great 80/20 system to making fast progress, especially for those who can't visualize very well or at all.

I have a lot of experience with Robert Bruce's system, PM me if you need any help with it or want to know anything specific.

Edited by dlof

Hi dlof, very interesting, thank you for replying.  What made you start practicing in the first place, did you want to do Astral Projection? And what upsides do you see now that you've(I assume) grounded your energy and started mastering the system?

As far as lacking vitality, tiredness, low libido etc, those are exactly the symptoms I have now(without doing any energy work) and what I'm hoping to address through the practice.

I'm not necessarily interested in Astral Projection or healing or any type of "siddhi" per se. I just want vitality and energy, clear thought and concentration, charisma and a magnetic personality. Supercharging my sex life wouldn't hurt either.

Do you think those are achievable assuming I practice the system safely and concentrate on filling the lower storage center first?

On 5/12/2021 at 5:22 PM, TheDao said:

I like when he gets those energy jerks through the body around 6min mark:D the guy is a beast.

Very powerful master. I attended one basic program of his online and he was doing transmition. I felt fire burning in my dan tien. I made my mom to attend the program aswell. She has no meditation practice and even she was able to feel burning energy in her dan tien.

I was suprised how much he can do just through camera without even seeing other people's faces. A true energy master. I respect him a lot for what he is :)

On 5/12/2021 at 10:06 PM, m0hsen said:

I don't think so. Energy body everybody has. Immortal body you have to create using various outside energies. As far as I'm aware. 

?

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Lee Holden is a great teacher for learning Qigong. He teaches basics to things like microcosmic orbit, the three treasures, etc. He has weekly classes, weekly Q and As and plenty of videos and work shops to do. Look up Holden Qigong. I am currently getting my Qigong certification. He was actually trained by Mantak Chia since he was like 23. They are good friends. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

13 hours ago, Ghartok Padhome said:

Hi dlof, very interesting, thank you for replying.  What made you start practicing in the first place, did you want to do Astral Projection? And what upsides do you see now that you've(I assume) grounded your energy and started mastering the system?

As far as lacking vitality, tiredness, low libido etc, those are exactly the symptoms I have now(without doing any energy work) and what I'm hoping to address through the practice.

I'm not necessarily interested in Astral Projection or healing or any type of "siddhi" per se. I just want vitality and energy, clear thought and concentration, charisma and a magnetic personality. Supercharging my sex life wouldn't hurt either.

Do you think those are achievable assuming I practice the system safely and concentrate on filling the lower storage center first?

I got into it when I was 16 through Robert Bruce's "Treatise on Astral Projection" book, which then lead me to his New Energy Ways practices in his other book. I really wanted to have an astral projection experience so I practiced a lot every day... within a month or so I had my first astral projection which actually brought me to tears because it was my first real confirmation that this stuff is real.

Eventually my focus changed to experimenting with the effects of the primary energy centers, and I was particularly interested in opening the 3rd eye. So I did a lot of tactile imaging on that area, which goes against the system and warnings. I also dabbled in other systems where you would try and raise kundalini, eventually I had my first kundalini experience probably around the age of 19 or so. I've had spontaneous kundalini experiences since then... one was so powerful I was actually uncontrollably convulsing in my bed with my jaw wide open unable to close my mouth, feeling like I was plugged into an electrical outlet. My tailbone hurt for 2 weeks afterwards... really intense. 

It was mainly after the kundalini experiences that I started to have the lack of vitality and ungroundedness. It's actually pretty difficult to rectify, takes a lot of work. There's a thread on a Yoga site with a guy who was going through it and his attempts to ground himself: https://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3296

In a ntushell, what works for me is forcefully moving energy down the body... but it's nuanced and I've had to learn things along the way. I could do something that works very well for a week or so, but then starts to have a negative effect. For instance, I had my first major breakthrough when I I started practicing the "pulling down" exercise by DrLWilson: https://www.drlwilson.com/articles/meditation.htm   (skip the audio just read the text)

Where you basically forcefully pull energy down the body by feeling a powerful suction below your feet sucking energy down your body from the top of your head. This was a game changer for me and allievated all the ungrounded symptoms and gave a lot of extra benefits as well, increased vitality, social energy, libido, deeper voice, more powerful presence, better mood, attributes which you would associate with higher testosterone levels (actually including larger and heavier testicles), increased interest in things, greater desire to explore and get involved in activities etc etc. And generally a feeling that your life is on track and that you can accomplish anything.

But within a few weeks I started to get problems. One was being unable to sleep and spasms in my legs at night and then it started to reverse and I would get drained and it would almost have the opposite effect.

After maybe a year or so, I discovered that focusing the energy in an inverted triangle shape made the exercise more powerful but also sustained the energy for much longer. The shape is like a cone with the widest part above your head and the point at your feet. When you bring the energy down, you condense it and feel it's getting more dense and heavier at your feet. This really supercharged it and the positive benefits would last longer. 

But again, there would be issues over the long term and it would stop being as effective and then somewhat counterproductive.

Perhaps a year or so later again, I discovered that by forcefully directing energy down I was actually depleting energy reserves in my lower centres, draining them down into my feet. So while on one hand it was powerfully grounding my energy, on the other hand over the long term it was also draining my lower energy centres.

And so since then, I've found that using that inverted cone shape directed first to the feet and filling them up, and then to the root chakra and filling that up, and then to the lower dantian and filling that up seems to be *the* solution. It seems you need a solid foundation and then fill it up from there. This is actually in keeping with Robert Bruce's New Energy Ways system as well, where he says you need to fill up the lower chakras first. But his technique of moving energy up from the ground never agreed with me, I need a very strong downward action which is also in line with what DrLWilson says in his pulling down technique.

I have also experimented with pulling up energy from the earth. There's definitely some potential there, but there's something off or incomplete with it, probably especially for men. Over the years, I've noticed that when I pull energy up from the earth I may get some quick energy, but it's also mixed with a kind of 'floatiness' and subtle anxiety. It also seems to make me instantly "invisible" to women whereas when I bring it down suddenly I get attention. So there's a gendered polarity thing going on with it it seems. I've had the opportunity to experiment with this and notice the results over many years. Bringing energy down, condensing it, combined with a feeling of becoming heavier and more charged up with this energy will give you a very masculine polarity which you will feel and people will pick up on. This is not to say that no energy should come up from the earth, but I feel it's not something you should focus on. At least without some other complementary exercise... I've experimented with mixing the upward and downward energies with varying success, it's a work in progress.

Also, as a foundational exercise, doing Robert Bruce's tactile imaging on your feet, legs and hips is key. Just doing that will give you a lot of vitality and clear a lot of blockages out. It's a gradual increase, unlike the condensing down exercise which gives very immediate results. But I had been doing Bruce's techniques on my lower body for many years before I got into that so I think it's important to have that as a foundation. Having a lot of hours of tactile imaging behind you enables you to feel the energy... and it's the feeling of the energy which makes it real, not the image of it. 

So yeah, combining a regimen of tactile imaging on your lower body every day with a condensing down exercise will give you that lower vitality and its benefits. 

Another extremely powerful technique is condensing energy into the bone marrow. You might see a pattern here, it's largely about condensing the energy. The bones are the densest part of our bodies and are able to store a very high charge of dense etheric energy. In Traditional Chinese Medicine theory, the bone marrow is said to relate to kidney system which is said to produce semen energetically. Sifu Mark Rasmus is an absolute legend, the real deal, I hold him in very high regard. Here's a video of him going over bone marrow qigong. If you have a foundation in tactile imaging and combine that with the bone marrow qigong, the results are very powerful. The downsides when you get results with this is that it can overheat your body if the energy is not being used and make you quite angry. He talks about some ways of overcoming that.

Edited by dlof

13 hours ago, Ghartok Padhome said:

Sorry, I went on a bit of a ramble there.

I'd advise reading Robert Bruce's New Energy Ways book in it's entirety but just focusing on doing the tactile imaging on your lower body: toes, feet, ankles, legs and knees, hips, genitals and perineum etc. for about an hour a day. At the very least half an hour a day. Although it can be boring, you will start to feel the results and pulsations quite early on after a few sessions. And then the sensations will get stronger and stronger. As the sensations get stronger, the effects will also get stronger. It will also take you less time to create these sensations over time.

When you get used to feeling energy through Bruce's tactile imaging on your lower body then I'd advise integrating some other systems rather than continuing with Bruce's system on your upper body in order to achieve the results you want. I've followed and tried a lot of highly regarded systems including Bruce Francis, Mantak Chia etc. and there has been issues with each one. It's taken me years to discover Sifu Mark Rasmus and I recommend him far above anyone else for the type of results you're looking for (and also for other more lofty results).

Here's a good introductory video:

Also browse his channel, he's got top of the line material on there you will not find anywhere else. But you'd mainly be interested in his his building the ball exercise, combined with the info in the above vid. After you have a foundation in that you can do the bone marrow qigong.

And if you wanted to experiment with Dr L Wilson's pulling down exercise, it is powerful, but I recommend my modifications as outlined in my previous post.

Foundation in Bruce's tactile imaging though is key imo and I'd definitely recommend having a few months of that under your belt first.

@dlof Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences with us, really appreciate it ??