GreenWoods

Energy Work

63 posts in this topic

@TheDao thanks for sharing these. I know very little about Qi-gong and Tai-chi, but I believe Yoga specially Kundalini and Kriya Yoga are much more potent for energy work.

@GreenWoods what do you think?

39 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

but I believe Yoga specially Kundalini and Kriya Yoga are much more potent for energy work.

Why? Don't think that's true.  Well with tai-chi your probably right, qigong is more direct on the energy level.

I trained with a quite advanced yoga practicer. He called Tao more direct.

Winn and Mantak two more known names have tried al sorts of energy work and went with this. Winn calls it the quickest route. It doesn't even cost much time a day, it's that direct.

Yoga and mindfulness became the most popular, but this doesn't mean its the most quick/effective route.

The direct way more sexual energy is created. The penetration to bone level. The whole body is used. Also earth energy. Good grounding. Mixing of energies. 

Edited by TheDao

2 hours ago, TheDao said:

Why? Don't think that's true.  Well with tai-chi your probably right, qigong is more direct on the energy level.

I trained with a quite advanced yoga practicer. He called Tao more direct.

Winn and Mantak two more known names have tried al sorts of energy work and went with this. Winn calls it the quickest route. It doesn't even cost much time a day, it's that direct.

Yoga and mindfulness became the most popular, but this doesn't mean its the most quick/effective route.

The direct way more sexual energy is created. The penetration to bone level. The whole body is used. Also earth energy. Good grounding. Mixing of energies. 

I feel my energy in bone level, in my hands literally the energy pulses deep in my bones is this sexual energy? It wasn't like this a while ago, it was in skin level, simple buzzing, nothing deep.

Is Tao same as Qi-gong?

Any resources do you recommend to learn about Qi-gong? 

Edited by m0hsen

@m0hsen yes your right in the beginning people feel it mostly skindeep and later deeper. I gave you videos of healing tao above, the best stuff I think.  Elightenment qigong which can be a stand alone practice and some examples of the Healing Tao system a qigong system. Well ok there are lots of taoist variants but healing tao is a more popular one. Also a video about tapping the bones, you will feel them glow.

The module of sexual energy is also very recommended. When you become conscious that there is lots of very nice energy in the balls and just with your mind you can move the energy up the spine. Ok this may sound a bit wierd at first. But it just works and thats whats it about. Sexual energy is like when you feel when very aroused. But if you learn to do it without arousal its more like the peacefully feeling you get after ejaculation. When you combine the effects of destressing the emotions with the organs, healing smile, sexual energy and heaven energy then it gets powerfull, you get real nice peacefull contended and an energised feeling which streams through your whole body. In a later phase you can do darkness retreat.

In some places there are training groups. Or you can learn by video.

https://www.mantakchia.com/universal-healing-tao/

Michael Winn USA

https://healingtaousa.com/

Edited by TheDao

@TheDao Ok, thanks a lot! I'll dedicate some time to Qigong, will report my results with it later. :)

1 hour ago, m0hsen said:

@TheDao Ok, thanks a lot! I'll dedicate some time to Qigong, will report my results with it later. :)

Nice , hope you'll like it.

@Kalo Crazy!

Are you able to get back into that state?

On 4/30/2021 at 11:01 PM, SolarWarden said:

Enlighment is when the kundalini energy is permanently raised to the crown and situated there?

@SolarWarden you can be enlightened with dormant kundalini as well. 

@m0hsen I think - at your current stage - most progress probably comes from listening to your intuition and experimenting. 

If techniques seem good, do them, otherwise do your own stuff.

If you quit all techniques and just worked with your energy trigger ability, you will probably naturally get deeper and deeper. But yeah, progress will probably be faster if you do techniques and study the system.

I guess the value in studying this stuff would be that you will get a clearer picture of how exactly you will get to your goals. Which techniques to do and which not. And developing your own.

@TheDao Interesting!

@TheDao @m0hsen I tend to think that kriya, kundalini and tantra yoga, are more powerful than Qi-gong. I did some Qi-gong some time ago and a bit research on it. From how it appears to me, it seems less potent. But I am sure, if someone does a lot of research on it, one will probably find some potent stuff there too. I think the more potent stuff is harder to find than in yoga.

I still guess that yoga is more powerful, but I don't know. I guess yoga is better for enlightenment and Qi-gong for spiritual power.

@GreenWoods Kundalini more powerfull. No I dont think so. Tao has all kind of add ons. With Healing Tao you just as well pull the energy upward towards the head. But because you have different techniques generating energy you will get too much too the head. Therefor you also need to take the energy down. Kundalini focusses on temporary energy with breath, Tao more on an energy you keep all day long. There are all sort of refining energy techniques. Also we believe the whole body is a rocketship for spiritual advancement. So every bone part and body part gets energy and healing and not only a energy up approach. When the whole body is happy and overflowing of energy the jewel palace(head) with overflow with energy too. And you are probably missing earth energy. If you buildup more earth energy heaven (energy) will chase you.

Yes the main qigong are not the most powerfull ones. Only in later levels you focus more on recieving earth and heaven energy and also very powerfull combining heart and sexual energy. Which seems to have likewise effects as the buddhist heat generating tumo yoga. You body has to have had a certain level of cleansing or you will overload the system and get sick. This way Healing Tao will have less people stopping because of overstressing the body and there is even a more watery path at energyarts.com

There probably will be a lot of parallels, the system also has dark retreat, opening of third eye and sealing of senses.

In the short run with an energy up approach you be quicker, in the long run a whole body approach possible is quicker.

Edited by TheDao

@TheDao Interesting! What happens if someone only focus on spiritual growth with non-duality teachings like self-inquiry? From what I have heard, if they are successful their kundalini will reach the crown chakra and they will be healthy and energized forever. Is it possible to get a perfect chi/prana flow from just being in that enlightened state or would you recommend that those people do some type of chi practices too?

@Seraphim Not sure about this one. I am also looking into Vedanta but see myself as a beginner in that area. It probably helps as a preliminary practice, not sure.

A good energy flow and refinement of energy does give me a profound feeling of stillness. A place I can go to that is silent and where I can regenerate. Embodiment in the now is an important thing too and Helaing tao has a whole body approach so that's one reason I like it.

@TheDao Interesting. Did you learn the practices only through the internet resources you posted, or did you find some good books too?

Some interesting information about potency of Kriya Yoga practices from yogananda website:

The Kriya Yoga meditation techniques of pranayama, life-force control that transmutes breath into subtle lifetronic energy, bring positive realization that the composition of the body is pure cosmic energy.

In the adept practice of Kriya, the body is oxygenated and its atoms etherealized until it becomes light as a feather. Man has no idea how much power comes into the body when he has mastered the mystery of the breath. Kriya practice brings a regulated, continuous inflow of oxygen into the body, the atoms of which, by the process of pranayama, are transmuted into life force, reinforcing the subtle currents in the spine, which in turn awaken the astral cerebrospinal centers and spiritualize the entire body.

After years of successful practice, the body of the advanced Kriya Yogi becomes so spiritualized that in exalted states he can hardly feel it touch the ground. The suffusion of life force becomes so powerful that the whole body loses its delusive solidity and actually levitates. I can testify to that from my own experience. But the beginner should not expect to jump weightless tomorrow! Modern man is accustomed to getting results quickly; his industry and technology manufactures products so rapidly that he thinks there should be a convenience package of concise spiritual progress as well. A presumption of instant spiritual achievement is perhaps more than a bit audacious considering the innumerable lifetimes already spent in making oneself an unspiritual being. Even a lifelong practice is little to be required. Nevertheless, the Kriya Yoga science and art of meditation are not drudgery, because gradual transforming results are felt from the very beginning. (p.823, The Second Coming of Christ by Paramahansa Yogananda) -- Read more: http://yogananda.com.au/kriya.html

Edited by m0hsen

@TheDao I still think Kriya and Kundalini yoga is much more potent than Qi-gong

Can you please share a little technical informations like above about how Qi-gong works in general?

Edited by m0hsen

7 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

@TheDao I still think Kriya and Kundalini yoga is much more potent than Qi-gong

Ok take that system then

8 minutes ago, TheDao said:

Ok take that system then

I'm doing Kriya for about a year, and my energy body got a lot stronger and developed, I need some technical informations about potency of Qi-gong. I need to know the technical reasons why Qi-gong would probably be more potent and beneficial for me. 

So if you can recommend a book or something I'd appreciate! :)

Edited by m0hsen

20 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

Some interesting information about potency of Kriya Yoga practices from yogananda website:

The Kriya Yoga meditation techniques of pranayama, life-force control that transmutes breath into subtle lifetronic energy, bring positive realization that the composition of the body is pure cosmic energy.

In the adept practice of Kriya, the body is oxygenated and its atoms etherealized until it becomes light as a feather. Man has no idea how much power comes into the body when he has mastered the mystery of the breath. Kriya practice brings a regulated, continuous inflow of oxygen into the body, the atoms of which, by the process of pranayama, are transmuted into life force, reinforcing the subtle currents in the spine, which in turn awaken the astral cerebrospinal centers and spiritualize the entire body.

After years of successful practice, the body of the advanced Kriya Yogi becomes so spiritualized that in exalted states he can hardly feel it touch the ground. The suffusion of life force becomes so powerful that the whole body loses its delusive solidity and actually levitates. I can testify to that from my own experience. But the beginner should not expect to jump weightless tomorrow! Modern man is accustomed to getting results quickly; his industry and technology manufactures products so rapidly that he thinks there should be a convenience package of concise spiritual progress as well. A presumption of instant spiritual achievement is perhaps more than a bit audacious considering the innumerable lifetimes already spent in making oneself an unspiritual being. Even a lifelong practice is little to be required. Nevertheless, the Kriya Yoga science and art of meditation are not drudgery, because gradual transforming results are felt from the very beginning. (p.823, The Second Coming of Christ by Paramahansa Yogananda) -- Read more: http://yogananda.com.au/kriya.html

Nice!!

I think all energetic practices can eventually lead to that. But one of the most powerful practices for that is probably kriya supreme fire. 

1 hour ago, m0hsen said:

So if you can recommend a book or something I'd appreciate!

I have for some years looked at different systems as well. This system uses breath sometimes as well, but sees that as temporary energy and is more interested in reach a rich energyflow more permanent. It also works on cooling the emotions an extra which is important becoming multiorgasmic. I think you'll hold higher energylevels in the end with this system.

Two more popular people of healing tao are mantak chia and Michael Winn , they both tried different systems. 

Michael Winn:

While in Africa, Winn accidentally self-induced his first kundalini awakening, which led him to begin studying and teaching kundalini (hindu tantric) yoga. In Ethiopia, a visitation in broad daylight by a Taoist immortal inspired him to pursue Taoist alchemy. “In college I studied comparative literature”, Winn says, “and in real life I found myself training in and comparing the esoteric alchemical methods from different cultures.”

He studied kriya yoga with Swami Hariharananda, successor in India to Paramhamsa Yogananda, and kept a close friendship with this yogi renowned for mastering the breathless state of nirvikalpa samadhi. He died recently at age 97. Winn edited his The Bhagavad Gita in the Light of Kriya Yoga. Winn notes that kriya yoga, the essence of all yogas, has many parallels to Taoist alchemy but “it’s finally a pure fire path. The Taoist preference is to mix the fire and water, which is more accepting of the body.”

I find Taoist alchemy to be the simplest, the most practical (body-centered) and the most complete

He reached this conclusion after 25 years of studying and testing many different systems of qigong (chi kung), with dozens of teachers in the USA and China, both famous and unknown. He uses the Tao Formulas for Immortality offered by the Taoist Hermit One Cloud (Mantak Chia’s teacher) as the superstructure for holding the immense knowledge and skill he has acquired

https://healingtaousa.com/about-michael-winn/long-bio/

It would be wonderful if we could find out the ultimate quickest most effective practice. The west is not enough interested in it yet. We can do way better.

Edited by TheDao

@GreenWoods but the question is if you can bring energy and energize the body and the spine mentally without the help of your breath do you still need to bother with your breath? 

If I can just lay down in my couch and let the energy do whatever it wants to do (usually it intensifies in my spine and crown and anja chakra) or chanelize it or got the ability to receive it from outer space to your body directly and not necessarily through breathing why I still need to master the breath?

When I'm working with my energy I really don't like to regulate my breath at the same time,I like to breath naturally and just calmly focus on whatever that I'm doing.

But from the information I've shared from yogananda website it seems like its a very important achievement.

What's your thoughts on this?

Edited by m0hsen

55 minutes ago, TheDao said:

I have for some years looked at different systems as well. This system uses breath sometimes as well, but sees that as temporary energy and is more interested in reach a rich energyflow more permanent

That means that after energy developed to a certain level which it flows automatically in your body specially in your spine, you no longer need the breath for energy work?

Edited by m0hsen