SQAAD

Are Plants Conscious?

35 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, roopepa said:

What if the consciousness imagines itself to be "a state of consciousness where it imagines being a human being, a living creature"? Is that ego?

No, that's consciousness being self-aware.

Ego is a state of consciousness where consciousness is not conscious that it is a state of consciousness.

Imagine if started to think you're Leo. That would be you adopting the Leo ego state of consciousness instead of your own.

Is there anything else than ego? :S

Yeah, most of the things in your room are not ego.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

36 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Consciousness imagines itself to be a "someone".

We might call this the egoic or materialistic state of consciousness. Changing that state of consciousness is necessary for the illusion of ego to dissolve.

Who is the 'we' that you are referring to here who might call this the egoic or materialistic state of consciousness?  You and I? 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

2 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

Who is the 'we' that you are referring to here who might call this the egoic or materialistic state of consciousness?  You and I? 

Don't annoy me with pedantry.

I am speaking in colloquial parlance. You should have enough intelligence to understand that.

@Tim R ?? 

Uni-verse. Not uni-word, uni-thought, uni-concept, etc. Uni-verse. The instant the verse universe itself is said, there seems to be a me and a universe. The cosmic joke. ?? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Leo Gura I've wanted to ask you this for a long time:

You know that all language, thinking and statements are only partly true, and cannot directly "be" absolutes. When you say things like in this thread, what is the motive behind it? By which standards do you choose what way you express your own experience? Are you trying to form your statements to be as "useful" as possible, even when you know they cannot capture actual "truth"?

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

17 hours ago, SQAAD said:

Are plants conscious like animals or humans?

They are definetely alive like we are. In this video Sadhguru suggests that even eating plants is cruel and talks about a communication system that trees have developed.

What do you think?

αρχείο λήψης.jpg

So he says to stop eating those foods in the picture or what? I skimmed through to the video but I couldn't hear him talk about it.

In Tate we trust

6 hours ago, roopepa said:

@Leo Gura I've wanted to ask you this for a long time:

You know that all language, thinking and statements are only partly true, and cannot directly "be" absolutes. When you say things like in this thread, what is the motive behind it? By which standards do you choose what way you express your own experience? Are you trying to form your statements to be as "useful" as possible, even when you know they cannot capture actual "truth"?

You have to factor in the relativity of language into anything being said.

@Nahm

Ego’s just a word a sleeping psychologist coined.

your ego said that. 

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

Yes, everything is consciousness

there is no opposite 

Plants are aware yes, and they suffer existentially when they're killed.

@Ry4n

20 hours ago, Ry4n said:

Mushrooms convinced me yes

Ahahahahahah  :-)

@Leo Gura

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The idea that things have consciousness is ego.

That's how ego stays alive.

Be ware of this most sneaky self-deception.

Yes. Only Consciousness is conscious in actuality BUT.. still in the dream it always seems like different entities are Conscious. For example Consciousness imagines my body and uses it to experience the world.

It imagines having your body also. Anywhere i go , i always see my body. That's the most consistent thing i experience. Thats why it seems that consciousness is always located in this body.

I can't imagine Consciousness being a table and having any sort of experience. Consciousness seems to dream of being some living thing and then viewing all other inanimate objects.

That's the confusing part i think .

10 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

of course they are conscious, but they have no ego. They don't care if you cut them and dry

Lifeforms have an ego, because ego is a limited imaginary structure inside the Absolute which enables survival of the Form.
Formless Absolute can experience living in Form with the egoic structure. This can range from a virus/basic cells to a complex human nation with its collective egoic structures. Even viruses have egos, since they try to reproduce and attack other forms to stay "alive".

:)

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️