SolarWarden

How to emerge into yellow

34 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, blackchair said:

take your time, im digesting the fact that im turqoise for the last year 365 days, its painfull process, take it slow....there's no rush.....

Ok. I feel like I got a bit Turquoise in me too. I just don't want to confuse that level of cognitive development with enlightenment experiences. So Green is probably a safe bet for me as I don't know yellow much.

@hyruga okay, good points. I got also a reaction that this is more green but I think you mean to think more about people outside my tribe.

13 hours ago, tuckerwphotography said:

Yeah, I went green last 10 years. Retreats, helping animals, being close to spiritual-minded people, etc.  I think the idea of becoming a Burning man type of person is in the past. I feel the need to upgrade.

So point 4. Is also what @SamC is talking about that resonates with me. I get triggered by some stuff and I need to explore those domains/perspectives.

19 hours ago, bonesurfer said:

I understand yellow to be a stage of integration. If you're stuck in green, take account of the stages lower to that, and take account of where you're judging them. Those particular states are where you must then focus on integrating. It's fashionable to shit on religion and corporations for people in green. Perhaps that's a good place to start.

Ok. I understand yellow sees religions and corporations non-judgementally. That'll be a hard practice to swallow.

17 hours ago, Megan Alecia said:

Be ready for the greatest journey of your life--the hero's journey.

Hope so! To this point, the things that I need to practice most are being non-judgemental and dive into perspectives I hate. Kinda counterintuitive but ok.

@EddieEddie1995 @lmfao

Kinda get a feeling like you talk about the same thing. Isn't multi-perspectivelism grown naturally when someone is exposed to yellow thinking instead of being trained? Yeah, it could help to focus on different perspectives to acclererat yellow type thinking.

17 hours ago, Roy said:

Start studying and learning to appreciate systems, practicing radical acceptance, and mindfully shedding judgement and demonization.

My idea of yellow in a nutshell.

Another more important question:

How does a yellow person view spirituality/God/Enlightment? Compared to green and turquoise? I have all kinds of new-age fake turquoise ideas that I am willing to drop already.

If you're already solid Green, study epistemology and metaphysics. People like Kuhn and Feyerabend can be considered Yellow.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 hours ago, SolarWarden said:

Yeah, I went green last 10 years. Retreats, helping animals, being close to spiritual-minded people, etc.  I think the idea of becoming a Burning man type of person is in the past. I feel the need to upgrade.

The only way through is through. You don't just decide that you're "green enough" and move on. It's a slow, gradual process of evolving between the two stages. My point is the more you continue going all-in on Green, the more you'll exhaust through that stage. But I don't know you personally, so trust your own instincts over any advice me or someone else gives ya :)

5 minutes ago, SolarWarden said:

@tuckerwphotography Thanks 

Will wearing a yellow shirt get me closer to that stage?

(Just joking)

@SolarWarden Probably ya, in the sense that it will consciously and subconsciously remind you of Stage Yellow ways of being. I say go for it. 

In some aspects it's like learning a foreign language. To learn Spanish, one would immerse themself in Spanish - watching Spanish videos and having conversations with people fluent in Spanish. After a while, the learner will be able to think / create in Spanish on their own. Similarly, it's helpful to immerse oneself into yellow-level videos and having conversations with people "fluent" in yellow. After a while, the learner will be able to think / create in yellow on their own.

Yet with that said, my speculation is that some minds are more oriented toward yellow forms of relativity, integration and big picture systems. Part of learning is motivation, interest, awareness and attention. A mind that fells joy and curiosity in exploring yellow will have much higher neural plasticity potential than someone that finds yellow boring, stupid, impractical, a waste of time, something I "have to do" etc. I'm not fluent in calculus partly because I have no desire or interest in learning calculus. 

@Forestluv

I can assume that I am going to be a stage green hippie all my life. As I have little interest in yellow and if I want to emerge into Turquoise. Do I need to develop yellow at least to some degree to enter turquoise? Maybe the desire to know turquoise will push me through yellow.

6 hours ago, SolarWarden said:

How does a yellow person view spirituality/God/Enlightment? Compared to green and turquoise? I have all kinds of new-age fake turquoise ideas that I am willing to drop already.

It's good you want to drop all your fake turquoise ideas about enlightenment, but be careful to not just replace them with "yellow views and ideas". You want to entertain and learn about all the different perspectives on enlightenment to give you a good road map so you aren't wasting a lot of time, but all of that stuff won't actually equal the thing itself. The map is not the territory. As you start doing work towards it and build your own direct and personal experience you'll have the best "idea" about it you can, but you'll have to shed that too as you go deeper.

Careful not to rush through Stages or fool yourself into thinking you are higher than you are and thereby skipping important things to integrate. Developing takes a lifetime and it's important to be humble.

Follow your authentic journey day by day and really savor your path, all the gritty minute stuff too. Remember Rome wasn't built in a day ^_^

hrhrhtewgfegege

Maybe I'm red, blue, orange and green! My mind keeps shifting into these states. Probably should work on the lower stages before I advance any higher.

@SolarWarden Learn integral theory, that should jump start yellow for you. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Do shadow work to integrate the healthy aspects of stage red, blue, orange and green