SolarWarden

How to emerge into yellow

34 posts in this topic

So I guess I have been stuck in green most of the time.

I remember watching the spiral dynamics episodes that Green confuses Turquoise to be Green. I confused that a lot. As I don't know much about yellow then I am sure I don't know much about Turquoise. Might be the reason for so many wrong examples in the turquoise section on the forum. 

I wonder how I can cultivate yellow practically. I feel like the yellow-type thinking is arising in me naturally last days when I am starting to let go of my stage green beliefs. I just want to accelerate this process a bit faster.

Should I watch more of Leos videos? Maybe study the limitations of Green? How does yellow even emerge?

List of things to do:

When you help people get out of depressions/suicidal thoughts

When you donate money or anything worthwhile without expecting anything in return

When you feed lots of people (at least thousands per year) without expecting anything in return.

When you help someone or share content online wo expecting anything in return.

When you perform something(s) great for humanity.

Being open minded. Not racists. In fact, you help to promote racial harmony and integration or something similar.

All these and more.

Edited by hyruga

take your time, im digesting the fact that im turqoise for the last year 365 days, its painfull process, take it slow....there's no rush.....

Hello friend! 

Yellow is the abilty to take on different perspectives. The more perspectives you take the more integral you get. 

Here are few short ideas:

1. How do we think? You need to understan how your mind constructs meaning and why? How can you play with this? 

2. How emotions are impacting your beliefs? For yellow you need emotional mastery so you could think clear, be selfless and systematic. 

3. How can we stay grouned when everything is relative? How can we agree on things? How to find win win win in evrything? 

4. How can I see THIS or whatever situation from different points of view? Make this a daily practise. 

5. Watch Yellow videos. Those videos are you! 

and many many more... 

I hope this helps! :P

You don't simply get to yellow, you develop it :) So stay tuned and enjoy the process! heheh ?

Edited by EddieEddie1995

I understand yellow to be a stage of integration. If you're stuck in green, take account of the stages lower to that, and take account of where you're judging them. Those particular states are where you must then focus on integrating. Its fashionable to shit on religion and corporations for people in green. Perhaps that's a good place to start.

@bonesurfer Yes! Why and how you are judging people? Catch yourself when you do it and try to understand why is it there. How do you (green) and other (blue) use the same ego defence mechanisms with different words and rationalizations.

See Leos video Content vs Structure :)

@SolarWarden You're in stage green and want to go to yellow eh? Hmmmmmm. Well what comes to mind for me is how yellow takes different perspectives and embraces a relativity green doesn't have.

So it's a task of becoming more relativistic and flexible. Seeing the different angles and perspectives to a topic or situation.

Maybe as a fun exercise, you can try playing devil's advocate for the sake of it and entertaining perspectives you vehemently disagree with. Getting comfortable with people and perspectives you disagree with. Tier 2 is multi-faceted and flexible, the theory goes.

And as you're doing that exercise, make an effort to genuinely understand how that person is thinking, what their assumptions and bubble of reality is. Not pseudo attempts to understand them for the sake of fulfilling some hidden agenda. Understanding for the sake of understanding. Nobody is perfect at this, but be aware of it to what you can. Is there merit or usefulness or partial truth to what they're saying? 

You can reflect whatever medium you choose. You can do it in your mind, do it in your daily life by just making the intention to see things differently. Or maybe you try doing it with writing, thinking of worldviews, people, ideologies, maybe SD stages, and examining them. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Forget everything you've ever learned as the way "humans" should act or be, and start from there. Be aware of your own desires, impulses, fears, hopes, and dreams, at the same make the conscious decision to tackle life's problems head on.

Along the way find friends, teachers, guidance, philosophers that truly speak to you.

Be ready for the greatest journey of your life--the hero's journey.

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

Start studying and learning to appreciate systems, practicing radical acceptance, and mindfully shedding judgement and demonization.

hrhrhtewgfegege

3 hours ago, hyruga said:

List of things to do:

When you help people get out of depressions/suicidal thoughts

When you donate money or anything worthwhile so expecting anything in return

When you feed lots of people without expecting anything in return.

When you help someone or share content online wo expecting anything in return.

When you perform something(s) great for humanity.

All these and more.

this sounds like green lol

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

3 hours ago, SolarWarden said:

So I guess I have been stuck in green most of the time.

I remember watching the spiral dynamics episodes that Green confuses Turquoise to be Green. I confused that a lot. As I don't know much about yellow then I am sure I don't know much about Turquoise. Might be the reason for so many wrong examples in the turquoise section on the forum. 

I wonder how I can cultivate yellow practically. I feel like the yellow-type thinking is arising in me naturally last days when I am starting to let go of my stage green beliefs. I just want to accelerate this process a bit faster.

Should I watch more of Leos videos? Maybe study the limitations of Green? How does yellow even emerge?

1: Discover something you hate or despise. 

2: Find a book, video, or resource on the topic

3: Read the book/ watch the video and try to understand the perspective, how it came by and why you hate it.

For example, 

Read Mine Campf and try to understand Hitler..

Or my example,

I have a lot of yellow in me but I still have a big green shadow so I am looking to learn more about the feminine perspective, animus obsession, and anima integration, and all that stuff to understand what´s going on because it is something that I see in stage green that I hate about myself.

In other words. Find out what really triggers you and learn more about it and immerse yourself to death with that perspective.

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

1. Go all in on Green. It's medicine that you need before you're ready to evolve up the spiral. Go to a spiritual community that is drenched in Green, like PachaMama where I spent a few months this past winter. Do all the Green things and read all the Green books and follow all the Green influencers. Love the Green worldview until you hate it. Then will you be ready to move into Yellow. I don't personally see the value in rushing this process...perhaps others disagree. 

2. Simultaneously begin to dive into the world of Yellow. If you want to learn how to speak French, get tutored in French. Yellow is no different. Read, watch and listen to as much Yellow content as you feel intuitively called. The Stage Yellow thread on this forum is a great place to start. If the content is not resonating at all, it's probably a sign you have more work to do with Green first, and I'd focus my efforts there.

3. For me, studying developmental psychology was my main "doorway" into Yellow. I wrote about this in an essay reflecting on my personal journey, which may be of help to you: https://tuckerwalsh.medium.com/a-map-for-my-younger-self-bfa1dcd22243

4. Examine relentlessly everything that triggers you, as these are signs of shadow work that needs integrating. The only way that you can take on multiple perspectives from a truly Stage Yellow place is to not get emotionally triggered by other perspectives, otherwise our ego's biases will completely filter our meaning making even more than it does already. Learn all of your habits, worldview, narratives, triggers, turn ons, turn offs, every little game that your ego plays. I recommend mediation, psychedelics, IFS parts work, Bill Plotkin's "Wild Mind," Carl Jung, dreamwork, working a 12 Step program, etc. Go all in.

5. Discover your Soul Purpose (or Life Purpose as Leo calls it). When we awaken to Soul, there's far less inherent need to conform to society's conventions (or the conventions of Stage Green). When I had a mystical experience that led to discovering my Soul Purpose, I felt for the first time like a true psycho-spiritual adult. It's an initiation practice that used to be commonplace in Indigenous communities but is now nearly unheard of in our western culture. Maslow calls it Self-Actualization, which is maybe the closest comparison. Check out Bill Plotkin's latest book which was a life changing map that helped me move through Green and into Yellow. 

Edited by tuckerwphotography

6 hours ago, SamC said:

this sounds like green lol

Green is more for people who help their own tribe but never help humanity as a whole yet.

For eg, Martin Luther King helps his tribe and he had the potential to be yellow if he had integrated all races to help one another and bring humanity to the next level. But because he died early, his contributions are largely green.

@blackchair Hello neighbour?!

I wasn't aware there are any people in Croatia at a Turquoise stage of development. You must be a living miracle.

10 minutes ago, Bojan V said:

@blackchair Hello neighbour?!

I wasn't aware there are any people in Croatia at a Turquoise stage of development. You must be a living miracle.

hello there!:) im coming out from spiritual closet :D

@blackchair

14 minutes ago, blackchair said:

hello there!:) im coming out from spiritual closet :D

I think it will be easier for you to come out of your spiritual closet then it was for me to come out out of my gay closet?!

1 minute ago, Bojan V said:

@blackchair

I think it will be easier for you to come out of your spiritual closet then it was for me to come out out of my gay closet?!

done that too 12years ago :D :D